Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

[5x06] "So It Begins" - Episode Discussion {Airs 11/9/16}

So It Begins
5x06 - episode discussion
"So It Begins"
When Prometheus ups his killing spree, Oliver (Stephen Amell) searches for connections between the victims. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Curtis (Echo Kellum) discover the victims have a mysterious link to Oliver’s past and this new secret could upend his new team. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart with Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Felicity considers telling Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) the truth about her work.
John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Brian Ford Sullivan (#506).
Original airdate 11/9/2016

Promos

Arrow 5x06 Promo "So It Begins" (HD) Season 5 Episode 6
Arrow 5x06 Promo Season 5 Episode 6 Extended Promo

Promotional Photos, Sneak Peeks & Others

Arrow - Episode 5.06 - So It Begins - Promos, Dialogue Tease, Promotional Photos & Press Release

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting Gina.

I was like oh crap I should go see if we need the new episode thread. No Flash yesterday threw me off my game along with the terrible election.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oliver not telling the new recruits about Promethus is something that I can appreciate even if they got pissed at him this is a new villain that they don't know a single thing about. So it makes sense that Oliver/Diggle that have been doing this together for pretty much 5 years to scout out everything. The new recruits are way too young and untrained personally, Evelyn is what 17 years old and Curtis doesn't have any experience

Now the reaction of the Recruits them finding out about Ollie's kills from the 1st season, I'll give Evelyn her point about Oliver being like a serial killer especially how he dealt with things during the first season. Glad that Oliver made some head way with her by the end of the episode cause Oliver has changed - which is bringing me to my next point...

Felicity's whole deal last season was according to her Oliver will not change, he will not be a better person and he will always be like he was on the island which is why she couldn't give him the time of day. I think my biggest issue as an Olicity shipper is how Felicity is all jokes and seeming like her old ways with Oliver. So is the point of this season throwing it back to the 1st season - I like the idea that it'll be showing us the growth of Oliver but is it still the endgame of Olicity is the point of this season to show Felicity that he has changed...

Felicity's boyfriend I gave him props at the beginning of the episode or middle during her point of taking the throwing star, I completely get his suspucisions cause she's as bad of a liar as Ollie was to her before she found out his sercet. Her telling him that she works for the GA I applaud her honestly and I think it was the right move, she did not tell him the identity of Green Arrow and I get the risk especially if he turns out bad. But I applaud her cause she was getting herself into a bind with the horrible lies, so coming out as working with the Green Arrow doesn't bother me because isn't it pretty out there that people know that she works with the Green Arrow

Hmm next thought is that I'm highly enjoying the flashbacks which is great because 3rd-4th season flashes were just meh and didn't care about them, I liked the flashes in the first two seasons but I think this season has been strong this far with the flashbacks. Makes sense to explain how he was part of the Russian mob and like seeing his scenes with the one he saved in S2. Love their bromance

Quentin WTF but am very WTF because it may not be a fake out. He had a star and was bleeding from the point of where Evelyn got Prometheus. PDST? or like a slipt personality cause you have to think damn that he's been through a HELL of a time. 6 years thinking that Sara was dead, getting Sara back than Sara dying and now Sara off with the Legends. Losing Laurel so just think it may not be a fake out but at the same time its not Quentin in the sense of he's not aware
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

eh episode.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM
New Fan

Why would Oliver let the newbies know about Promithius when he didnt even know what they were up against. They havent proven that they can protect themselves against regular criminals, much less any with extra powers or skills. From what I have seen so far, three of them have already been injured. I am still not so gung ho about this new crew anyway. So glad Diggle is back but I hope they do something about his prison break soon.
I don't think Lance is Promethius but that is just my opinion.
Still not liking this guy Felicity is with and I hope he is the bad guy and Oliver can save her. Maybe she will realize that he is the only man for her and we can get them back on track. This friends and "co-workers" thing is not working for me at all.
Since I just started watching Arrow and after catching up from the 1st season, I must say this is the worse so far. I sure hope it gets better. It seems that everytime I ship a couple, they break up!
bean94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I kind of like that it starts of with the bad guy taunting Oliver. Feels a little Joker like.

Oliver doesn't want the recruits to get hurt. That's not exactly a bad train of thought.

The flashbacks feel like they dragging with the tease of Kovar.

I do hope the Oliver/Reporter thing doesn't play out like summer glaus character who's name is escaping me at the moment. I'm kind of digging it but I don't wa t it to end with the sole purpose being she was trying to take Oliver down. We repeat enough storylines as it is.

Still not on the Felicity/Mahone train at all which is weird since I kind of sort dig Oliver with the reporter. Ugh.

We always knew Bratva knew he was Oliver Queen. I'm interested in how they discovered it or if Antoli sold him out.

I kind of appreciate how at ease Felicity and Oliver seem to be with the other data or possibly dating somene.

Not all people who own gowns are that stupid or lord I hope not. Come on. Most wouldn't random shoot at something. The need some sort of target right or wrong. Though those that are that stupid deserve their guns taken away. Lol m

B team had its feelings hurt. They really need to get thicker skin.

I do like now that the list has been brought back in the flashbacks and now in the present. Interesting.

Evelyn doesn't realize Oliver killing tarnished his own legacy. Her killing people as the black canary killed Laurels legacy not Evelyn's since she was acting under another's identity. Am I the only one that thinks her argument didn't quite make since?

I'm kind of enjoying this Thea/Quentin dynamic this season.

The recruits whining is starting to get annoying to me.

Dig/Oliver scene always make me happy.

Really she's gonna try and take Prometheus on herself? How dumb. She's channeling stupid wild dog of old. Ugh. Really making it hard for me to like her. She's been my least favorite recruit from the beginning.

And the parrochute is back.

Finally we meet Kovar.

Okay Quentin has to be set up or maybe someone drug him a la what happened with Thea.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

Susan Williams reminds me a lot of Summer. It would be silly from Oliver if he starts dating her, but well, we know how he is

At least Evelyn helped Oliver to save that guy, it was an improvement! I don't dislike her as I did in the fourth season

I'm intrigued, who is Prometheus? Please, he better not be Felicity's boyfriend, because that means she's already in trouble. See how weird he reacted to what Felicity did. It wouldn't be so crazy to suspect that he can be the villain. If not, who else could be?

A team and B team the recruits have a wonderful dynamic! I hope they keep with that
Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I didn't love this episode, I found it sort of on the slow side.

Why should Oliver tell the team the whole truth? They are new and need to earn their stripes.

Thea covering for Lance... oh boy.

I cant believe Felicity's boyfriend didnt even really care that she stole from him or that hes working for the green arrow. Something is fishy there.

Wish I had to more to say about it but I really dont. lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top