Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

[5x01] "Legacy" {Season 5 Premiere Wednesday Oct. 5th} Episode Discussion

Legacy
5x01 - episode discussion

“Legacy” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
NEW BEGINNINGS — After Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) death and the departures of both Diggle (David Ramsey) and Thea (Willa Holland) from Team Arrow, Oliver (Stephen Amell) takes to the streets solo to protect Star City’s citizens as the Green Arrow. With Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) guiding him from the bunker, Oliver is forced to deal with a city that has become overrun with both criminals and a slew of new (and painfully inexperienced) vigilantes. Watching Oliver try to balance his jobs as both the mayor and also the protector of Star City, Felicity suggests he form a new team, but Oliver resists. However, when a deadly new criminal, Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman), enters the picture, Oliver realizes the best thing for the city might be a new team of superheroes. Meanwhile, the flashbacks take us to Russia where Oliver faces off against the Bratva.

James Bamford directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#501).
Original airdate 10/5/2016.

Extended Promo

Promotional Photos & Others
http://tvafterdark.com/arrow-5x01-le...hotos-preview/

Sneak Peeks

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

It looks like this season will be amazing
Old 10-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Seems like Green Arrow is back to his former Season 1 self, player at morning, vigilate anti in the shadows. Loved seeing Green Arrow vs Arcay.

I love Felicity being called Overwatch. Still not over it!

Nice to see Felicity and Oliver still working perfectly together like they did before they dated.

Aww honoring the Black Canary.

I really loved that David Ramsey was second to Stephen Amell as a series regular when I was looking at the names. Echo series regular! awesome.
I'll miss you Katie Cassidy. SPecial guest star though!

Finally we are at the last year of the flashbacks! so hopefully no disappointments.

Great that Curtis speaks Felicity. Great addition to the team.
Felicity wants to make a whole new team but Oliver is confident that Diggle and Thea will eventually return.

The Captain defending the way Captain Lance use to handle things.
Seems like Lance is back to his old drinking days.

Aww Quentin and Donna broke up... I'm not that sad about it but it's sad.
I love that Oliver offered Quentin a position with Team Arrow.

Seeing Quentin like this is just a reason why I'm sad that Sara and Quentin couldn't have at least a month together. It feels like he lost both of his daughters because Sara is never around and Laurel is dead.

Nice in the flashbacks to see Oliver with some long hair again. lol
Nice for Oliver to bring up those old days when he use to ditch Diggle. lol Those great season 1 days.

It's been 5 months since the season finale. And Felicity telling Oliver to move on and Oliver still hanging on to the past.

Aww. Awesome Black Canary statue. Aww. Sad when Quentin saw it.

Thea is feeling like herself again without being Speedy. But I miss her as Speedy and I loved seeing Quentin and Thea talking about Laurel.

Wow Oliver killing again.
Now Speedy and Green Arrow will be in even more dominating team since they both don't have the no killing policy...

How times have changed. Speedy against killing and Arrow not against it anymore.
Also, sad that Oliver blames himself for Laurel's death.
It's just heartbreaking that Tommy's death made Oliver not kill again, and Laurel's death made Oliver kill again because he feel he's failed.

The parallel in the present and past about Oliver needing to not live in the past, and embrace the future and Oliver honoring a promise.

Oh no. Curtis got beat up. So sad to watch.

I love Oliver calling Diggle.

Oliver is so lost without his team. No Diggle, Laurel or Thea.
I need to see Diggle soon! 40 minutes in!!!!

I like this Quentin and Oliver scene. They both need to move on.
Oh Laurel made Oliver promise not to let her be the last Canary.

That was a sweet scene.
It's quite astonishing that I felt the love between Oliver and Laurel more in this episode than I have in seasons. lol And Laurel is going.

I can see why Felicity is upset. Felicity has been asking for weeks for Oliver to get a team and he wasn't for it but Quentin got him to get one. lol

That scene in the helicopter was awesome.

Good job Major Queen.

Curtis now wants to be recruited to the team. Will be nice to see how he trains this season.

Yes finally! we see a Diggle and Oliver scene. I love how as usual, Diggle is the one with the great advice. Oliver really listens to mostly everything Diggle says.

Don't get the suspense about Felicity's love life.
She's dating ummm okay? lol

Great ending.... 50/50 on the episode though. I didn't really love it or hate it....

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

I like the throwback to Oliver always being late. CEO flashback.

Also loved Oliver shooting Wild Dog in the leg. Reminded me so much of the Roy moment.

Well the transition to first flashback was way better then most last season. I hope they manage to continue that.

Very happy to se Russia coming into play... Finally.

Uh oh the cops are corrupt. He doesn't have Qunein to trust anymore.

Quentin needs a reason to stay sober. and then I was like what about Sara she is alive even if she's traveling through time.

Donna and him broke up as well. So sad.

Yay.... The book. Always like nods to earlier seasons.

Throw backs by Oliver ditching his security team. Love it.

I kind of find the statue a bit creepy. I wanted to like it.

And Olilie gets kidnapped. Dum dum dum. I love how they are using the swat van and everything. Man Lance needs to come back and get that police in line.

Anatoly

"I'm sorry but no one can know my secret"

I love Thea raking him over the coals for killing. Ugh woukd Oliver quit taking Malcolm merlyns words to heart. Idiot.

I love this little scene in front of the statue with him calling Dig and then Quentin showing up.

OMfG. Laurels last words word freaking stupid. I hate them I wanted it to be something so much more. I guess it fits in with the whole legacy thing but still not happy.

I love the team up with trusted police and Oliver trying to say it's not a team moment. Lol.

A new trick Arrow... :jawdrop: parachute arrow made me laugh.

Finally. Dig where you been? I needed way more of you.

Oh creepy ending.

I like the feel of the new season hope they keep it up.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 10-05-2016 at 10:13 PM
Old 10-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Finally we are at the last year of the flashbacks! so hopefully no disappointments.
Ahh, not necessarily! If you remember from the pilot; it showed Oliver on the island lighting a signal fire for a fishing boat off Lian Yu to officially rescue him; so we have to see him do that first to end the flashbacks
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So now that I've finally caught up with the previous seasons, I was finally able to watch the premiere! And as always, the running commentary!

5x01
What, no running through trees this time?
Taking care of business...
Nice new little arrow there
Oh it's him....
Who's this one?
Stop shooting people in the leg, geez
Thea, on top of everything
He needs his team!
Russia!
Long hair coming in again, yeah
He speaks Felicity
Wild Dog
Cisco can help with those names
Who's this silver haired fella?
Oh another clapper
Hey Ritter Jr!
Tobias Church...
Yeah, Papa Lance needs his badge back.. oh boy...
Awww they broke up
Covering up this beautiful face with a mask, sing it, Papa
"I used to ditch John Diggle." Also
Like you could say no to that face
Yay, he came
Laurel, yeah... ❤
Had to come and spoil the day
Yeah, remember you're not wearing a mask right now, buddy
Well this shouldn't make things awkward at all
He's tied up right now.. oh, you
Heeeey buddy!
Oh is that all
Aww Thea...
Yeeeah Papa Lance
Am I though? Am I?
Speedy!
Oh you guys..
Doesn't want to put them at risk...
Superhero or vigilante
Don't hurt my puppy!
Cop allies, good
Had to come back to be on the edge of death
Where do they think "here" is?
Oh snap
Excuse me, last second passenger for the 'copter!
You had to ask...
"Keep swimming"
You recruit me too! ❤ (Oh gosh don't bruise my little peach...)
DIGGNATION! MY BUD!
Oh Ritter Jr, better be a good guy
Oh who's this butt?
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Great start to the season with the season premiere. Only thing I was upset about was the lack of Diggle in the episode. I need more of him.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Nice, I wanted to watch it now but internet is not working well. I'll try to post later or tomorrow if it is still slow.

At least I watched the first action scene of Oliver as Green Arrow, love it! It reminds me of the Oliver from season 1 but more mature. Hope the whole episode is as good as this first part!

EDIT: well, great start for the season! Oliver working alone on the field reminds me a lot of season one. And it looks like he made a choice about murder, which doesn't seem to be so bad. I don't think it was okay to kill the guy that was kicking him, but it wouldn't be bad if he decided to not forgive his enemies.
Although Thea and Diggle decided to leave the missions, I'm sure they'll change their mind through the season. I hope Diggle comes back soon.
And I loved the renewed relationship between Oliver and Quentin. Both working together, giving advice, etc. Although Lance back to alcohol aren't good news.
I'm intrigued and I do wanna know what happened to Curtis and why he asked Oliver to be part of that new team.
Flashbacks seem to be more interesting than last season's.
I've noticed many special effects or whatever. It's not bad, but well, I'm not used to see that on the Arrow series. I hope they don't abuse much of it. But I loved to see Oliver fighting, to be honest I almost forgot how good he was as a fighter.
Wild Dog... will that have something in common with "Wild Cat"? I know nothing about Wild Cat in the comics, but I guess both vigilantes don't have things in common.
It was really nice to see Felicity on the lair, working with Curtis and Oliver. I would like to know more about her new boyfriend. I'm sure we will learn more about him. The thing is, I'm intrigued. Where does he work? Where did he meet her? Is he a good guy? At least I hope he's not that new archer
So, that "dark" archer, will he be the big bad? Or Tobias Church?

Anyways, loved the episode! Can't wait to watch more!

Last edited by Charlone; 10-08-2016 at 10:03 AM
Charlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the renewed Quentin and Oliver relationship as well. I want to see this lead to Quentin have a road to,redemption sort of thing.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

I also hope that Oliver helps him to leave alcohol again. Now without Laurel, Sara or Donna, Quentin is gonna have to make a big effort to leave it.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Me too Gina. I'd love to see that. I've always loved their relationship because it was so complicated.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm finally starting this season. I went to the convention in Portland and met some of the cast and now I am wanting to get back into it. I meant to catch up during the summer but Netflix took so long to put up the episodes that I never got around to it. But I will catch up slowly. It's not my favorite show in the universe but I will enjoy watching it again and am happy to be getting back into it.

It was really cute watching O/F working together well again and I also like that Oliver didn't want to give up on Diggle and Thea.

I really like Curtis, he's a great addition to the show and I love his humor and interaction with Felicity.

I missed Diggle!

I thought the Laurel statue was really creepy and weird.

Oliver pretending not to know who the green arrow was was hilarious, "I've got in on good authority he's tied up right now." LMAO! That was some good acting from Stephen there lol.

I dont like the flashbacks but I agree that they tied in well this episode.

I did not feel ANY sort of chemistry between Felicity and her new boyfriend lol. They seemed very awkward together but we'll see where it goes.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Season 5 starts slow but it builds so great in the second half. So be patient and enjoy one awesome ride.
Reply   Post New Thread