Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

[4x21] Monument Point - Episode Discussion

Monument Point
4x21 - episode discussion

Genesis - Original airdate 5/11/2016.
When Team Arrow learns what Damien Darhk’s (guest star Neal McDonough) next move is Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) realizes she needs to ask her father, Noah Kuttler (guest star Tom Amandes), for help. Noah and Oliver (Stephen Amell) have a heart to heart talk that leaves Oliver rattled.
Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Jenny Lynn (#421).
Promos
Arrow 4x21 Promo "Monument Point"

Promotional Photos & Others
Arrow - Episode 4.21 - Monument Point - Comic Preview, Promos & Promotional Photos[/url]

Sneak Peeks
None yet

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 05-18-2016 at 12:39 PM
Charlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad that they are bringing Felicity's dad back b/c that stroyline felt rushed and not complete at all. However, I'm not sure I want the reluctant help an ally part to happen again. It's like Malcolm all over again with Thea.

Guess we will see how it turns out.

Thanks for starting Gna.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

I like that they had Malcolm note the similarity of of Darhk and his own plan for the Glades. It's not like we all haven't said similar stuff.

So even the small lies bug Donna. I guess like mother like Daughter. All thought really would call Olivers lie a small one. Just a debatable and understandable one on some levels.

Yes... Anarchy. So happy to see him back. It definitely brings back my thought of the possibility of Thea turning dark again. Anarchy pushes her buttons.

At least the flashbacks are ramping up. Still feel they are annoying because they were too short at times that we learn nothing.

Is this episodes going to give us some Donna and Noah scenes? Feel like there needs some closure there.

Love the Oliver/Dig scene. Epecially when Oliver is giving wise advice.

That was a fun fight scene. I like the look of Olivers first attack on Brick to save Noah. the rest of it could have been better I think but either way. I like see action again on arrow.

Is it me or are there a whole lot of people returning this episode... Anarchy, Donna, Noah, Brick, Murmer, Noah, Malcolm, ect. This all has to be set up for one insane finale.

Oh, No the Baord fired Felicity. Interesting and more interesting.

QUentin as the getaway driver. I love it.

Okay well we got crazy eyes Reiter now just waiting for Crazy eyes Tiana from last weeks flashes.

Thea and Anarchy scene are always nice until Malcom ruins it.

Ugh, I don't like Noah seeming to maybe hit a sore spot with Oliver.

The president asked me if the fate of the world rested on a hacker, a criminal, and two guys in Halloween costumes. OMG hilarious. Best line ever.

Is Alex dead now? Eh I figured he was a goner anyway. Though this just does tip the favor back into me thinking THea will go dark,

So they stopped all the nukes except one? ANd it's head to US and monument point. What's monument point again? It's been referenced before on one of the shows at least in the universe.

Awe, they couldn't stop the nuke. BUt they managed to minimize the damage.

Uh oh, Tiana eyes changed. Dum dum dum

Damien is gonna have a whole lot of powers even if the number of Deaths was has great has he imagined.

Okay my only real,issue with the episode. We know Malcolm is doing this because he likes to side with power and to keep Thea safe. However, I can't ever see him being okay with Brick being onnthensame side as him. Fatal flaw. Doesn't work for me.

Promo... Who how. A bit of dark Thea seems to be happening. Though it might not last. Is she drugged? I wonder what she attacked Oliver. Intriguing.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 05-11-2016 at 07:20 PM
Old 05-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

^^I think she's drugged the same way Alex was. Brings back memories of early s1, yikes. Poor girl is always having her agency taken away. I'd like her to remember what Lonnie told her 'you're not a pawn, you're a QUEEN.'

I like seeing Felicity's parents going on and on in the middle of life-threatening situations. We see where she gets it from.

Very dark episode, and I enjoyed it.

I reviewed the episode, btw. please read it guys. Here.

icon

Nidz. Spencer/Toby | Bellamy/Clarke | Sara/Snart | Magnus/Alec
iamnotwalkingaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Seriously...couldn't someone have just shot down that last missile?!
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
Seriously...couldn't someone have just shot down that last missile?!
I thought the same thing and also why didnt they just ask Curtis to try and get the tech. Although i guess i could see them not wanting to risk curtis getting fired too. As for the missile it does seem dumb that they US didnt have somebody on stand by to shoot it down but even if they did the hard radiation would still have end up killing people eventually as well. Either way people were gonna die i suppose. Im also glad for once that the team didnt win. It reminded me of season one how they managed to stop only one earthquake machine. So i like that there were actual consequences even if i thought it could have been presented better.

Now I'm just curious how they are going to stop Darhk now that he as absorbed all that power from their deaths.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure after this episode I can watch Arrow any more . I don't understand why , storyline wise , they needed to have nuclear bomb detonate . Since I became a fan I have enjoyed the highs and lows . Writers seem to enjoy killing off as many characters in one season as they can . I will watch to the finale to see how Damien Dark is defeated .
Old 05-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I'm going to ask this here. It's for those who watch Arrow and Legends. I feel like LOT and Arrow are a lot more interconnected than originally thought. If your not caught up on Legends stop reading.

Damien Darhk's plan has been to destroy the world and start over from scratch. Last Arrow episode he tried to launch the worlds nukes(thanks to Amnada Waller and Argus) to start the process. Felicity, Calculator with Green Arrow, Spatrtan and Argus holding back the bad guys managed to stop most the nukes but one. Yes one still went off. I think back to the one Legends episode where the team busted up a nuclear arms sell and stopped both Savage and Darhk from getting the warhead. We learn the time masters have been manipulating time and it's events and The time masters even brought that up last week. I can't remember what was said about it though. My thought was how long as Darhk been putting together this gensis plan? Was he trying to by a nuke back then to start this even back then? We still have no idea how old he he's or why he left the League of assisins. What kind of manipulation did the time masters have in that? Also if we recall in the crossover even when they actually killed Savage ... Merlyn appeared and saved his ashes to resurrect him. That's never been explained either and I can only say that it has to be manipulation on the time masters part to keep Savage alive. Hell for we know that could have been the moment they came up with this plan for Savage to save them from whatever the aliens where called...

We know it has to end with the legends team back in Starling because Sara still has to learn about Laurel. Now I can't help but think Laurels death could have been a fail safe for the time masters. Like knowing Sara would want to try and go back and time and save Laurel and maybe reverse anything the team achieved.

I'm sure I'm way overthinking this. I still can't help but feel we are missing something.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Sorry that it takes me several days to watch Arrow, the thing is that I mostly have time at night and that's the moment when the Internet doesn't work well. I'm about to have an exam tomorrow so I'll try to make this short.

I liked that Anarchy showed Thea that she should not depend on another man - although he could turn her to a dark side, he's absolutely right.

Why didn't they ask Curtis to come and help?

This season didn't have many strong episodes, but this one was a good one, IMO. Felicity and her dad working together for this is something very enjoyable to watch.

I don't get why Donna was pissed about that little lie . It's okay that lies are not good but I don't think it's necessary to go to another extreme. That stuff could complicate her relationship with Quentin, I believe.

Malcolm, your job for this season is already done. I don't understand why they keep bringing him and repeating the same dialogues between him and Thea.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode was fine but a little slow. it was hard for me to pay attention to because I was distracted.

I did love the felicity/dad interactions though!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread