Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

[4x16] Broken Hearts - Episode Discussion

Broken hearts
4x16 - episode discussion

Arrow Episode 4×16 – “Broken Hearts” (airing March 23)
CUPID RETURNS TO WREAK HAVOC ON STAR CITY A heartbroken Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) returns to Star City with one goal to destroy anyone in love. The team learns she’s killing couples on their wedding day so Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decide to pose as bait. John Showalter directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Nolan Dunbar (#416). Original airdate 3/23/16.

Promos
https://youtu.be/u3IrdGNE21k

Promotional photos
Arrow 4x16 “Broken Hearts” Promotional Photos & Preview

Sneak Peeks
https://youtu.be/zLyFG0HXtPQ

https://youtu.be/dcHkIXjH3dY

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Arrow's back! What time is for EST? I think I'm missing the episode
Old 03-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Total Fan

Dear Oliver Queen,

The only way you're going to win Felicity back is if you sit down with her and tell her everything that happened during those five years you were on/off/on the island.

Why? Because she's absolutely right -- those five years have a bad habit of coming back to bite you in the a$$ on a fairly regular basis, and you always feel the need to be all secretive about it (ie: Slade, Waller, etc).

When it happens again (and it will happen again), she should already know the details, and you won't need to play Lone Ranger when dealing with it.

I'm just sayin'...
Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

I kind of enjoyed the angst this episode. Hate me if you wish. I like couple angst when it doesn't involve cheating or a 3rd party.

Still not a huge fan of Cupid. I liked her in the Sucide Squad episode but the first one and this one was just forgettable.

So since this was only preliminary trial crap with Darhk, does that mean we will be seeing a lot more Laurel as a Lawyer? I vote yay please. Also when did they get a new DA after the other was killed?

Oh, and I'm real confused if Quentin isn't dead at the end of the season how will he be useful without his job? Im Still going with my time travel theory him dying in the place of Laurel.

Oh loved the joke about Dig still getting paid because we've all wonder the same.

Wonder what is so wonderful about Darhk's ring? It has to do something.

Oh and flashbacks had a point. Darhk's idol was introduced.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 03-25-2016 at 02:36 PM
Old 03-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Total Fan

^ Re: Digg getting paid. I think Stephen Amell said once that when a billionaire goes broke, he's not totally broke. Either that, or Felicity is signing everyone's paychecks.

As for Darhk's ring, I thought it was his new totem - smaller and more portable than the statue. Kind of like Vixen's necklace.

Last edited by Elektra; 03-23-2016 at 06:45 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As for Darhk's ring, I thought it was his new totem - smaller and more portable than the statue. Kind of like Vixen's necklace.

Oh, I didn't think about that. That's a great though and could be a good storyline.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cupid back in town and crazier than ever. SMH. lol

Loved seeing Laurel rock it as a lawyer in this episode! We really don't get to see enough of that side of her so I enjoyed it. (We really don't get much of her in general but that's an discussion for another episode.)

I loved seeing Felicity and Oliver still work perfectly together even if they weren't together romantically.

I loved Thea and Diggle for giving Oliver the advice that if he wants to be with Felicity, there is no need to hold it in. Tell her how you feel even if you fall on your face. I mean Felicity agreeing with Cupid methods in this episode is great enough reason to be concerned.

I don't know why but I didn't like, "It is over." line from Felicity. I know that was a horrible lie that Oliver told her but since she knows the full details of what happened... I don't know why it has to be over for good. Although I guess from her percpective, if I was going to marry someone and then before the wedding, find out they have a child. I'd be tick off enough to call off the wedding as well.

I would say how proud I am of Quentin Lance to speak out against Damien Dark at the stand if I wasn't concerned about his well being.

So sad that Oliver and Felicity are sharing a fake wedding.
Oliver's vows were so beautiful. and we know everyone one of his words were true. He was in the dark, and she brought him out in the light.
"You are my always, and I just want a chance to be yours." So beautiful.
Then of course Felicity talking to Cupid about her love for Oliver. It was all just lovely.

An episode like this shows me how awesome Oliver and Sara would've been together... I just will always believe they knew each other in a level no one else ever would because of what they went through.

I don't know why but for some reason at the end of the episode I was so concerned for Quentin that I actually thought Frank was going to turn rogue on him and shot him when he took his gun and badge. It shows how paranoid I am for his life right now... and although I don't believe Laurel is dying. I am kind of worried for hers at the moment as well.

Pretty okay episode and I believe Olicity will work this out.
Would've loved to see more of Cupid and Deadshot... upset he's "dead".
Nice Dig still remained the #1 Olicity shipper. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I don't know why but for some reason at the end of the episode I was so concerned for Quentin that I actually thought Frank was going to turn rogue on him and shot him when he took his gun and badge. It shows how paranoid I am for his life right now... and although I don't believe Laurel is dying. I am kind of worried for hers at the moment as well.
I seriously thought there was going to be a sniper laying in wait for Lance, since it was his testimony that had Damien Darhk locked up.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I seriously thought there was going to be a sniper laying in wait for Lance, since it was his testimony that had Damien Darhk locked up.

At least I know I wasn't the only one! Like I was just waiting for something bad to happen. Man I hope the Lance's make it out this season alive because it sure doesn't seem like it.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, I has that same dark thought about frank.

We never really know though. We have no idea who Darhk has in his pocket. I doubt Quentin was the only police officer he had in his back pocket.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I kind of enjoyed the angst this episode. Hate me if you wish. I like couple angst when it doesn't involve cheating or a 3rd party.
I do agree with this Anyways, I haven't feel sad for Olicity until this episode. Love how Stephen played those emotional scenes. The only thing is that I believe that Diggle was right about "give her time", I don't think it's over, maybe I can't feel what Felicity felt after that lie, but sometimes the time gives you the opportunity to think things in other way.

I know, I never asked to myself that about Diggle. And I agree that Felicity is signing everyone's paychecks

It was nice to see Laurel as a lawyer again, and loved her moments with her dad!

Quote:
Me too I was afraid of both of them when they were sharing a hug
Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

This was a serious filler episode and even if part of me was curious about Cupid and Deadshot,most of me doesn't care. I'm terrified for Quentin and I'm positive that he won't live to see next season. Out of all the cast members,he's the most expendable. Wiggle is one of the original team members,Speedy is canon, BC is an epic superheroine and Felicity is Felicity.
It can't be Donna for reasons someone pointed out before. I also think Dark will kill Merlyn for having the nerve to do Genysys without him. He had the ring to help him escape all along,so he could have a way to get his power back,even without magic. He was in the league,too.

Unsurprisingly,the Lances were the only part I enjoyed. Cupid being bitter about Deadshot was nice and all,but it was a classic tv trope. The bitter,broken-hearted villain magically changes their mind by a heartfelt speech by the hero/heroine or one of the good guys-Saw it coming a mile away.

It was kind of funny when they went meta about Diggle. No one ever wonders where the hell they get their money from most of the time. Thea is jobless too,right?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kind of expected more sadness/angst from OF. Those two have seriously disappointed me from season 3 onward, IDK, I just dont feel the same chemistry between them and its sad to me because I used to be so obsessed. But they seemed more angry than upset iMO. at least Felicity did, which I found weird.

Oliver's speech at the wedding was really sweet. I would have taken him back right there. And when he said he could be different and she didnt want to take him back... ugh. Poor Oliver. Felicity is just pissing me off. How can she just throw away their whole relationship? I understand wanting a break, or calling off the wedding but just completely breaking up???

But I've been sick of how they've been writing Felicity lately. She used to be so much fun and theres this weird angst to her character all the time now.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread