Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

[4x08] Legends of Yesterday: Crossover Discussion

Heroes Join Forces
"Legends of Today" 2x08 - episode discussion (The Flash)
"Legends of Yesterday" 4x08 - episode discussion (Arrow)

The Flash - 2x08 - Legends of Today
The Flash 2x08 "Legends of Today" - PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH “ARROW” — In its second major crossover event with “Arrow,” Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) arrives in Central City and sets his sights on Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée). After Vandal attacks Kendra and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), they turn to Barry (Grant Gustin) for help. Realizing how dangerous Vandal is, Barry takes Kendra to Star City and asks Oliver and team to hide her until he can figure out how to stop Vandal. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when a man with wings AKA Hawkman (guest star Falk Hentschel) shows up and flies off with Kendra. Meanwhile, Harrison (Tom Cavanagh) develops a serum to make Barry run faster and asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out.
Ralph Hemecker directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#208). Original airdate 12/1/2015.

Arrow - 4x08 - Legends of Yesterday
Arrow 4x08 "Legends of Yesterday" - PART TWO OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH “THE FLASH” — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) take Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée) and Carter Hall (guest star Falk Henstchel) to a remote location to keep them hidden from Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) while they figure out how to defeat him. Malcolm (John Barrowman) arranges a meeting between Vandal, Green Arrow and The Flash that doesn’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) work with Team Flash to come up with a weapon powerful enough to destroy Vandal Savage.
Thor Freudenthal directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Marc Guggenheim (#408). Original airdate 12/2/2015.

Promos

The Flash | The Flash & Arrow Extended Crossover Trailer | The CW
The Flash 2x08 Promo "Legends of Today" (HD) Crossover Event
Arrow 4x08 Promo "Legends of Yesterday" (HD)

Promotional photos

The Flash - Episode 2.08 - Legends of Today - Promotional Photos | Spoilers
Arrow - Episode 4.08 - Legends of Yesterday - Promotional Photos | Spoilers

Sneak Peeks

The Flash 2x08 Sneak Peek #2 "Legends of Today" (HD)

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 12-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed all the TA and TF interactions in the first half. The humor was good. A lot of funny lines. Sadly as much as I love Wells, him and Caitlin scene felt out of place and messed with the pace of the episode. I hope their scene become more useful second half.

I'm am annoyed we got a lot of Patty yet no Iris or Laurel. I know Laurel will be in tomorrow's but I'm not sure Iris will. I understood Iris being left out last year she wasn't in on the secret. However she's in the know now.

I loved Thea's reaction. Did I know we knew the Flash. We know the Flash.

Poor Cisco he just doesn't get to keep the girl. I love him and want to console him.

I actually felt like I was watching an epsidoe of Arrow until Caitlin/Wells cuts. Maybe it will be reverse tomorrow with it taking place in central city.

Barry/Oliver were amazing tonight. I feel I need to find a good icon of the two after this episode. I just love their dynamic and how they play off each other. I can't wait for more tomorrow.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not sure why they have to bring up Olivers ex girlfired who was supposed to abort the baby from season 1 , back into the picture .. i know we saw her near the end of season 3 of the start of this season.. I just have issues with oild storylines that dont need to brought back

Ok Rant over Flash did a great job bringing everryone back together introducing us to 3 new characters for Legends of Tomorrow .cisoco and Felicity are funny togehter two computer geniuses trying to see who has the best system etc. Barry and oliver ,in the middle of a fight with a immortal, they take time to joke around..

cant wait for tonight's part 2 and how it will lead us into Legends of Tomorrow

Edit : Holy Sh** this is so intense

Last edited by Logan; 12-02-2015 at 06:35 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

This is boring thus far. Everyone who isn't Hawks/Olicity/Barry/Cisco are just there to fill the screen.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode. It was a lot of Legemds set up but OMG was that scene crazy. Oliver was just accepting of death then everyone died but Barry and I was all

I knew time travel was gonna come into play earlier the minute Barry saw himself it I wasn't expecting that at all. Just wow. And obviously I think the grave will play into time correcting itself somehow. So

I'm not happy that Oliver chooses to not tell anyone about William because of baby mama contrived reason. Ugh if Oliver
Spoiler:

I felt bad for Cisco. He's such a good guy. He deserve a girl for him.

Merlyn at the end WTF was he doing with the ashes? Do you think he played TA and TF wanting them to kill Savage? I could see him doing that.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved Hakwman and Hawkgirl.

BarryO were cute.

Oliver has got to be the stupidest, lol. He best not get on bended knee without spilling the beans or I'm done with him.

Malcolm is the worst, the absolute worst. I knew when he showed up last ep he was up to something. He's always somewhere trying to get at them crumbs.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
hannahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Glad I'm not the only one expecting the worse of Malcolm. I think he used them to do his dirty work.

Impound the even be surprised if he helped Savage find Kendra in the first place.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Absolute Fan

This episode was a much MUCH stronger episode then The Flash half and continues to convince me that for all the hype Arrow is still the far superior show.

The acting by Stephen Emily Grant and Carlos was AMAZING. I even found Samantha okay. But Stephen really the MVP and it really offends me that he will never get any real award recognition for both how he carries this show and the DC TV universe as a whole because the CW isn't taken seriously by the Emmy people. In my opinion although there are probably a lot more deserving actors to win the awards, I feel like Stephen at least deserves being part of the conversation.

So many moments with him tonight! But my favourite had to be when he was trying to keep it together when addressing the team right after the fight with Felicity. He was dealing with a son he never knew he had and whose mother is putting horrible stipulations on having a relationship with, a mother who betrayed him and who isn't alive for him to be angry at and potentially watching the woman he loves more then anything- who is everything he needs and wants in this world- leave him. A whole ****-storm was falling down on his shoulders and he still had to lead the team to save the day. Brilliant.

I have a strong thresh hold for pain and angst. I believed in Chuck and Blair and their love for each other through Chuck manipulating her into an indecent proposal, through his emotional and violent break down when Blair married someone else, through every pointed and meant to crush emotional barb Blair made against Chuck, through her marriage to a man she didn't love simply to push Chuck away, through Dan Humphrey- both being with Blair...and just his general existence.

I believed in Sydney and Vaughn's love through his marriage to Lauren while he believed Sydney was dead and she was going through hell, and then when he faked his death and had to leave her to go through her pregnancy alone to protect for a spy group out to get him.

I believed in Buffy and Angel's love when Angel's evil doppelganger was torturing, killing and destroying the lives of her friends and herself.

So yeah this episode didn't spook me in the least

Why am I okay with this episode?

1. Because it couldn't be more obvious if he writers got a sky writer put it in big letters and then sent 1000 mail grams that Oliver and Felicity love ach other more then anything. This drama I not caused by an absence of love between them. Far from it. Oliver made a poor choice because he is deeply terrified that he isn't going to lose Felicity.

4x06 setup that Oliver worries that he is not enough or good enough for Felicity and eventually she will come to realise that and the other shoe will drop on their relationship. This was the episode that fear played out.

2. Oliver is not the bad guy. Oliver was given an impossible choice- a ****ty choice- by Samantha who also deeply loves her son and is terrified of what Oliver knowing means for their lives. In the first time line Oliver kept his son but jeopardised his relationship with the only woman he has ever truly loved. In the second time line he tried to have his cake and eat it too. He shouldn't have to lose out on a relationship with his son and it shouldn't come at a cost to his relationship with Felicity. Deciding to with hold the truth from Felicity is going about it the absolute wrong way but I can't fault Oliver for choosing his son.

3. Felicity is not the bad guy. She learnt something that changed her entire world and then learnt that Oliver intended to keep it from her. Felicity had a right to be angry, upset and betrayed. Everything she said to Oliver about sharing with her being a relief not burden was right. However, Oliver is also right in that dealing with something this massive should allow him the time to process before coming to Felicity.

And I believe under her initial anger and shock Felicity did and would respect that. That once she had processed what she learnt and worked through her anger and sadness that she would hear Oliver out. That he would come to her, talk to her , open up to her the way he always has this season and they would work through it and get past it. I don't think Felicity walking away was her breaking up with Oliver but her and Oliver taking space.

But the time line changing and Barry making assumptions that Felicity "ended" things with Oliver robbed them of that chance and spooked Oliver enough to decide to agree to Samantha's terms- allowing him a chance to have a relationship with his son and not lose his relationship with Felicity and have the other shoe drop.

4x06 set up that Felicity's great fear is that she is losing herself in Oliver, that she has fallen so much in love with him that if he hurts her or betrays her she won't be able to come way from it whole. This episode was that playing out for Felicity in the first time line.

3. I don't think Samantha is the bad guy either. She was as terrified of losing her world and her son and that also lead her to make a poor choice just like Oliver. The bubble she had being living in burst the same moment Oliver's happy domestic Olicity bubble burst. And both her and Oliver were desperate to put the bubble back together by making choices for the innocent parties of Felicity and William that will come back to bite them.

There will be consequences of the decisions made by ALL parties and Oliver and Samantha will face those consequences and have to deal with the fall out on their relationships with William and Felicity. They will need to earn back trust...maybe earn back their relationships. But that's why this is happening.

Which brings me to point number...

4. This is a journey. Yes Oliver has grown and matured but if he was done, if he didn't make mistakes or wrong calls that he has to work through and learn from the show would be over. Oliver is being tested, we cant see how much he has grown until we see him challenged and how he reacts from that. Olicity are being tested we can't know how strong their love is until we see how they deal with the tough times. Its not hugs and kisses that define their relationship but how they overcome obstacles and difficult times Do they face them head on? Like Lyla and Diggle after marriage. Do they struggle and falter but ultimately find their way back to one another? Like Thea and Roy or Lyla and Diggle before marriage. Or do they let the lies and the angst and the obstacles get the best of them and are willing to let the relationship fall apart? Like Oliver and Laurel or Moira and Robert.

Just because Oliver kept I from Felicity this episode or lied to her doesn't mean he will continue to do so. Just because Felicity was angry and hurt and betrayed too betrayed to hear Oliver out doesn't mean she will always feel like that and wont ever hear Oliver out. Just because Oliver is okay right now with going along with Samantha's ultimatum doesn't mean he will always be and that he won't want to eventually claim is rights as a father and have his son be apart of the life he and Felicity have together.

5. This happening going into the middle of the season is a good thing forme because it means that anyone with a basic understanding of serial drama beats can tell that it increases the chances of a happier outcome. Last season was an angst fest in the middle part of the season for Oliver and Felicity and look how that turned out.

It really depends on how long Oliver keeps this from Felicity. If it comes out in the middle part of the season then it will be something they will work through deal with maybe even take time apart for a short spell but eventually get to a place where they are stronger for it and get engaged under the right circumstances. The engagement ring being put into play is suppose to be the light at the end of the tunnel for the fans to tell them not to lose hope.

However, if this doesn't come out until the end of the season I could see it carrying into season 5. But Luke and Lorelai in Gilmore Girls found their way back and im 100% confident Oliver and Felicity will too. They have faced worst, really. If Felicity can forgive Oliver for what he did as Al Sahim she can forgive him this- provided Oliver works to earn her trust and be rewarded her forgiveness.

I predict that whatever happens o Felicity in 4x09-4x10 will go a long way in pushing Oliver's desire to be truthful with her. He will have had more time to process what he has discovered, process the decisions he has made and realise that he could literally lose Felicity by death, in the midst of a huge lie. I also think Felicity's father will be another big catalyst for them and for Oliver's own relationship with his son. And I do think that while there will be pain, while their will be frustration and anger and both Oliver and Felicity might make decisions that will make me want to violently harm the writers that they will come out the other side together. That they won't be one of the couples on this show that fall apart at the first real sign of trouble.

And I don't care about the circumstances this is still effing adorable:

Old 12-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My only complaint about the episode: Oliver keeping the truth from Felicity.

That's just drama for drama's sake and maybe for the sake that this show continues to be about secrets. Still though we all know that secrets reveal themselves one way or another so the consequences of Oliver's choice should be interesting.

Complaint over.

I will add a however and it's this: however, it's been a smooth ride for Olicity lately so maybe a wave is exactly what they need, maybe it will make them stronger.

~*~*~

Overall this episode was so cool! I still liked The Flash (Part 1) as good but this one had more depth in terms of the human elements.

Cisco was amazing- the way he got to channel Kendra's past.

I love that we got to see visions of the past with Koufu and Cha-yara. That was so cool.

The team up with everyone was incredible.

And loved that Barry got another future timeline change! I've always loved that when it comes to the Flash.

Still trying to wrap my head around the ep so I'll have a better review later.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
I loved Hakwman and Hawkgirl.
I loved everything with them as well😀

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Glad I'm not the only one expecting the worse of Malcolm. I think he used them to do his dirty work.

Impound the even be surprised if he helped Savage find Kendra in the first place.
Definitely. I'm just not sure why? Does he have some kind of power over Vandal now that he has some of his ashes? Is he trying to be immortal?

And let's just assume that Malcolm knows everything and he has a hand in everything bad and unholy

I'm so in love with Hawkman and hawkgirl.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
hannahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the two parts of the Flarrow Crossover. It was interesting to see the time travel and etc. Personally, I think is realistic that he doesn’t tell Felicity about his son. I thought the ending was an interesting twist.

Shockley, it does happen in real life where boyfriend/husband finds out that they have a secret love child from previous relationship and didn’t tell their girlfriend/wife so they don’t hurt or lose their trust. Also, they don’t want to lose them.

I weren’t say he lied to her because Felicity didn’t ask if he saw his former girlfriend or does he have a child. He just kept a secret.

I think Oliver was between a rock and hard place and he didn’t have a choice. He was only given a limited choice of seeing his son or not. Remember that Samantha (whatever her name is) only gave him one condition and that he can see his son but nobody can know that he has a child. He wanted to know his son and at the same he does not want to upset or lose Felicity if she finds out that he has a child. I think he loves Felicity. Remember, Barry said that in his future that Oliver and Felicity had a big fight and broke up and he didn’t want that.

I think is a good writing and it will make the fans question. I am interested to see how this will play out. Like, will Oliver still be going to Central City to see his son? Will Oliver will tell Felicity, Thea or Diggle in near future? Will the Team Arrow, mayoral campaign team or media get suspsion? Will Felicity found out from Oliver or somebody else? Will William find out that Oliver is his father? Will the boy’s mother tell him?. It will be interesting what will be the repercussion if everything falls in place.

You know I thought of something after the show. I know he is with Felicity but should he tell Laurel because he cheated on her and got the girl pregnant while he was with Laurel? I think he should.
Gardengirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

I have mixed feelings about both episodes... to be honest, yes it was a cool crossover, but I think I expected much more from it. Maybe I enjoyed more the first half than Legends of Yesterday.

I'm not surprised that Malcolm is always playing on the dark side, to be honest, I think that guy deserves an applause he really played everyone. And about the first half, I thought that the way he came to the cave with his men of the LoA was very funny, Barry was right That man always comes from a dark side like nothing lol

All the Hawkgirl and Hawkman plotline was interesting, I feel sorry about Cisco because he had to deal with that and help her even when he wasn't sure to do it. Also, c'mon, these guys killed the enemy and just left without "cleaning" the ashes? Well done writers!

Oliver realizing about his son... well, that was pretty rushed for me. I thought they were going to give it the time, even they put that storyline on a crossover... I didn't like that.

And Olicity? Well, I ship them, but after this I don't think that I have the same feelings about the couple. It's just Oliver, this makes me very angry. He lied to Laurel about this in the past, he didn't tell her that he was about to have a son, I'm sure he'll do the same with Felicity and will keep it as a secret. I don't even understand why Barry told that to Oliver like nothing and didn't explain to him that the fight they had was about Oliver lying to Felicity.

The writers started in a good way this crossover event, but I'm sure they made a big mistake with the Arrow episode. However, I'm looking forward for the LoT premiere, the trailer was quite good!
Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know I thought of something after the show. I know he is with Felicity but should he tell Laurel because he cheated on her and got the girl pregnant while he was with Laurel? I think he should.
I wanted this child to prompt a conversation with Laurel. I'd like to see him acknowledge he didn't treat her the way she deserved. I would ideally like for her to find out from him as well but since I'm also hoping Felcity finds out from him maybe I'm asking to much.

Yea Charlone this episode kind of killed my love for how they were writing F/O this season as well. Especially knowing spoilers. I get he was in a tough position. He doesn't really know why they broke up in the alternate time line. Then baby mamma has some convoluted reason why he can't tell anyone so he can continue to see his son. Had she known he was the green arrow maybe her reasoning would hold more wait but she doesn't know. Yes she has to protect her kid but what about accepting her own fault in the problems. I don't think she took any responsibility for lying to Oliver. That bugged me. You didn't cash a check from his mom. Congratulations. You still kept a child from his dad. That whole scene played into Oliver self hate and guilt complex.

I loved all the Barry/Oliver though. I can never get enough of that.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 12-03-2015 at 12:50 PM
Old 12-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

The thing is that we know that Oliver will always be the same. Yeah, maybe he's not a womanizer but he keeps being a liar and he better has luck to find a woman who is able to accept that from him because honestly, a guy like him could die alone. I mean, (using examples, not things that Oliver actually did) yes it's not bad if you lie about that your friend is your ex, or that you don't like that job and want to do something different, or even a white lie can't hurt, but this? It's too much. Especially I don't like how they handled this stoyline because they didn't include Laurel on the topic. If Oliver has to tell the truth that he has a son, then he has to tell to both Laurel and Felicity! These women have to deal with a guy who's actually a liar and probably they don't even have a clue about that. Laurel deserves to know it because after Oliver cheated on her, he left a girl pregnant. And Felicity deserves to know it because she's his girlfriend and who knows if in a future she's something more, like his wife. God no! This storyline could have been written better, in so many ways... This is not something for only one episode, nor even two, this needed to have its own development.

I have nothing against Oliver and Barry, but the writers do things that for me are against common reason.