Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

[4x06] Lost Souls: Episode Discussion

Lost Souls
4x06 - episode discussion

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is frantic when she learns that Ray (guest star Brandon Routh) is alive and being held by Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Felicity’s guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) joins Laurel (Katie Cassidy), Thea (Willa Holland) and the team on a rescue mission for Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation. Donna Smoak (guest star Charlotte Ross) returns to Star City.
Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#406). Original airdate 11/11/2015.

Promos

Arrow 4x06 Extended Promo "Lost Souls" (HD)

Promotional photos

[Photos HQ] Arrow 4×06 ‘Lost Souls’ Promotional Pictures | Airun Garky

Sneak Peeks

Arrow 4x06 Sneak Peek "Lost Souls" (HD)

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 11-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ray Palmer, what a touch six months he had...

It's still astonishing that Oliver is running for Mayor.
Alex is a new character on the show and he portrays Oliver Queen campaign manager with a thing for Thea.

I love Felicity dedication to trying everything in her power to help Ray.

Nice Curtis and Oliver scene... wow Curtis for almost figuring out that Oliver is Green Arrow. He did it in a smart way... too bad he thought the jaw wasn't right.
In general, Curtis is just an awesome new character to this series.

Loved a phone conversation between Dinah and Sara. Happy the writers just didn't forget Sara's mother.
I loved seeing Sara be normal. and that little family moment.
However as an Sara fan I gotta say that her return has been very underwhelming for me.

The Mama Smoke and Felicity scenes. I loved that scene in the room. lol Such a mom and daughter natural scene. Nice speech with her, it is beautiful to loose yourself in someone, it's good to have a feeling that many never experience. It just shows that Felicity never loved anyone as much as she loved Oliver and Oliver feelings for her is just as strong.

I love how the Diggle and Oliver friendship is so back on track now!
I agree with Diggle for saying it was craziest thing he heard Oliver say about how he doesn't know why Felicity choose him. During that conversation I also felt foreshadowing to Olicity future when Diggle talked about how he married someone with similar traits as Felicity has.

How awesome it is to see both Laurel and Sara as the Canaries. Good to see the different outfits side by side... and in general it's just nice seeing the whole crew together.
It's great seeing Quentin plays both side with Damien Dark and Team Arrow.

I loved Sara for wanting to be a part of the gang... because man we aren't seeing much of her. Well I guess that goes for both Lance sisters.

I might not like Damien Dark but he is the best villain this show has in quite a long time.
I agree with Curtis not wanting this much excitement from the job. What a scary job for Curtis and Felicity. Their friendship is just HILARIOUS. Best friendship of the season for me.

Seeing Red Arrow, The Canary and Black Canary looking kicka$$ together! WOOT!
Ray it's nice seeing you back.

Awww Sara I feel so badly for her. She had such a tough life and now it's even worst. I loved Sara thanking Laurel for everything.

My heart broke for Oliver today. How cold Felicity was towards him when he just wanted to help was just heartbreaking to watch.
It made sense though when Felicity explained why she was upset, and I loved hearing her say she wasn't the girl who looses herself in a guy... that right there shows how important Oliver is to her. Such an emotional scene.
I did love the ending scene between them though. They will be okay because they found themselves in each other.

Possible Quentin and Donna future hook up? we shall see.
Thea finding a new relationship in Alex? we will also see.

Great episode!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Overall it was a good episode. The show didn't keep jumping around to random different storylines, all of them tied into the main story and were affected by it.

Felicity was the main focus and the writers actually gave her scenes letting us into what she was thinking, feeling, and letting her be a big part of saving Ray. What they did with her this episode is what they should've done with Laurel when she wanted to bring Sara back instead of pressing the fast forward button on it.

I was a bit disappointed that Oliver being captured was faked and that DD would fall for it.

Sara's mini storyline in the episode was quick but enjoyable, she thought she could fight the hunger inside but it appears she can't and now she gets to go off and find herself. Though it is weird to me that they seem to be handling her blood lust a little different from Theas. Thea has to be in the moment and basically work up to it whereas Sara just goes straight to it in a fight. Not to mention that Sara killed several bad guys when she was soulless so that should've quenched her thirst for a good while like it has Thea's who has only ever killed those two LoA guys. But maybe it is because Sara was gone for longer. Laurel/Saras goodbye was touching and sad.

I'm totally here for Quentin/Donna though. He needs a love interest and deserves to have some happiness sometime.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Felicity was the main focus and the writers actually gave her scenes letting us into what she was thinking, feeling, and letting her be a big part of saving Ray. What they did with her this episode is what they should've done with Laurel when she wanted to bring Sara back instead of pressing the fast forward button on it.
I completely agree with this. I wish we would have got Laurel's insights and feelings when she did what she did for Sara. It probably would,have made the episode better and it would have given a much need look into Laurel's actually feelings and emotional state.

I enjoyed the epiosde. It was so amazing seeing the team all fighting together. I loved the Thea, Laurel, Sara bad assery. Is that what a birds of prey spin off would feel like?

I'll give a more detailed review later. I have had time to digest and a million other things going on.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Damn them for cutting this iconic shot from the episode
Old 11-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Damn them for cutting this iconic shot from the episode
Of course they do that all the time and I hate it.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

If didn't even notice until you pointed it out. That is sad because that was an awesome shot.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was such a shame that we didn't get Sara's reaction to all the changes that have happened since her death. Thea/Laurel are now fighters and part of the team full time, Oliver/Felicity are together, and Oliver is especially different from the last time she saw him.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

I wanted Sara/Laurel scene talking about Laurel taking up her mantle. I would have loved Sara talking about Laurel's skills. Somehow I doubt we will see it in the crossover. Way to much going on to focus on stuff that actually matters to Arrow fans.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Finally, a couple I can get behind. SmoaknLance 4 life.
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay this was an EXCELLENT hour of television. I think this might go down as on my list of favourite Arrow episodes it was that good.

I love that Felicity centric episodes have great character work for her that we often don't get to see enough of when she is relegated behind Oliver and the other masked heroes. But what pleased me more about this episode was that yes it was Felicity centric but it wasn't at the expense of the other characters. All the characters played off each other amazingly this episode and the stories really blended and meshed well with one another.

Everyone was so on point that it was really hard to pick an mvp. But if a gun was held to my head I would have to go with Donna. From her mothering Oliver to the beautiful and insightful talk she had with Felicity to the meet cute with Lance. She is a gem and I hope we keep her around.

I love love LOVED the talk they had about Felicity's father abandoning them and how Donna giving up so much for him played into Felicity's fears of losing herself in Oliver. That was by far the best scene of the night. Charlotte and Emily really do feel like mother and daughter in their scenes together.

While I loved the conflict of Felicity's abandonment issues playing into her relationship with Oliver I did think the connection to Ray was a little weak and convoluted. Maybe I need to watch the episode again, but while I could accept that Felicity felt her happiness blinded her to what Ray was going through, I feel there was a better way fr them to have this conflict without the Ray factor and to me its just another way for them to shoe horn the LOT back door pilot into the show.

However, the whole lets find Ray plot and the whole gang getting in on it was actually really well handled and exciting through out. Especially the whole separate battles in the Damien Dahrk confrontation scene. And Im going to say it...I think Team Arrow fights better as a unit then The Avengers. Might be a big call but I'm sticking to it.

Oliver and Felicity were AMAZING!! EPIC!! All that good stuff. Anyone that doubts they are endgame or not each others great loves after this episode ...I don't know how to help ya. I loved how adult their fight was. Oliver and Felicity remind me sooo much of Clark and Lois in Smallville. They both fight fair. Yes Felicity was going for the jugular with Oliver to an extent but her reasoning came from a place of love. And Oliver to his credit didn't snap back, didn't exacerbate the tension, didn't throw his own resentments out but understood that Felicity was saying these things because there was something deeper going on and when he learnt what that was he gave her the time and space to sort through it and was there for her when she was ready.

They both broke my heart this episode. Felicity with her tears when she admitted she had lost herself to Oliver and she "was never that girl" and her tears when she watched Oliver walk away and Oliver with his hurt puppy dog eyes when he felt he was losing the girl he wants to marry.

But the whole line about them losing themselves only to find themselves in each other basically sums up their relationship in a sentence and I'm so glad that the writers clearly are writing this relationship the way I have always seen and wanted it to be.

However, my favourite Olicity moment of the night was the fighting over the comms and in the lair like two old married people. At this point Oliver putting a ring on it is just a formality. Plus I loved the smirks from Diggle Thea Sara and Laurel who were clearly enjoying the entertainment

This was everything:

Also I loved the Sara Laurel moments. I would have appreciated more reaction to Sara return rather then the characters sort of moving on from this huge thing that happened but the parts we did get really resonated. Sara's desire for a normal life and to be away from the vigilante world really felt earned after everything she has been through and is going through. Much Like Oliver's desire to step away after his time with the League. Sara deserves to find herself outside of the violence and darkness her life has been since she got on the Gambit.

I also appreciated that she didn't harbor resentment against Laurel for the choice Laurel made for her but saw it as a gift Laurel had given her by allowing her a second chance. I still think that Laurel has a lot to answer for and grow from the dangerous choices she made and the way sh made them but Im glad that their relationship is the stronger for it.

I especially love the scene with them at the end where Sara used the line she described Oliver and Laurel's relationship with to describe her love for Laurel. "Oliver and Laurel- Always and Forever" "I love you sis- Always and Forever" To me that is just the writers confirming that Oliver was never Laurel and Sara's soul mate or great love- they were always each others and I hope this isn't the end for their story.

Plus they were adorable:

Thea's love story build up with the Campaign Manager intrigues me and I'm excited to see where it goes, especially since we have dealt really with the whole having a boyfriend/girlfriend and a secret identity storyline on the show before so Im curious to see how their relationship plays out and the actors have great chemistry. Mostly Im just excited and happy to see how mature and together Thea is even with how crazy her life is. She channels Moira Queen more and more. And she is putting up a good fight for my favourite female on the show.

Loved the Damien and Green Arrow confrontation and Damien in general. He really felt well integrated into the episode this time and not just random scene to provide a witty line....but I am eager to get a little more momentum on what his actual endgame is. Also we need more Oliver/Damien/Green Arrow action and battles. They rivalry needs to amp up STAT!

Best line though: Just because Im good at science doesn't mean Im not bored by it Line of the night Still a little bummed he isn't Felicity's dad

This was THE BEST:

Best fanservice relationship EVER! :p
Old 11-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Where do I even begin with this episode?

By far one of the best this season.

Minor detail- I really wish that early on they had given Felicity a code name considering how she's the eyes and ears of the team and now her name as put a target on her back.

That aside- lets move on.

Amazing Felicity centered episode!!!! Everything from her being determined/run-down to getting Ray back, down to her own fears of love. Something I could completely relate to.

The Olicity moments were great. And they worked it out in the end the way a couple should.

~*~*~

One of the best parts of the episode for me, action wise, was seeing the all girl: Canaries & Speedy fight. That was sick!!!

~*~*~

Dig got his code name- Spartan. I like it.

~*~*~

The Sara moments, though they could have been better sure, I loved them nontheless. Especially her scenes with Laurel.

I'm glad that we got to see Sara talking to her mom. And her moving to Central City (makes me secretly wish for her to meet up with the Flash at some point ).

I really do hope she gets to have a normal life for a while. After everything she's been through, she deserves it.

~*~*~

The Oliver/Diggle bromance is back! Loved it.

~*~*~

And I love how Curtis is now part of the team even if he isn't in on the whole secret identity part.

~*~*~

Ray- thrilled to have him back! It was so cool to see the micro version of him. I just hope at some point we'll be able to see him do something at that micro level.

He's just as bubbly as ever especially when he smiled at Oliver and said, 'Nice suit'.

This guy is the Cisco Ramone of Team Arrow

~*~*~

Donna and Quentin- that should be interesting. I'm guessing then we'll see more of momma Smoak!

~*~*~

Overall, very happy with the ep!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode. I love mrs. Smoak.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode by far one of my favorites.

I like that it was felicity centered and see her get through it.

Loved the pep talk between oliver and diggle and glad to see the bromance is truly back.

I think felicity and curtis make a great team and cant wait to see more from these to.

I have a theory now that it might be mama smoke in the grave as we have learned that oliver and donna have been texting and have become close.
So barry was there to support his friend.
kelzta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

I can already see it now, Sara will reveal that she was in heaven while on LoT but she didn't want to reveal it to Laurel/Quentin and cause them anymore angst since they were so happy for her to be back.
Reply   Post New Thread