Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am quite wishy washy when it comes to watching this show. I worship Berlanti for giving me Everwood but everything after that is so dipped as far as quality (he just can't top Everwood) so I'm picky about everything else he makes.

Anyway, there's no way on earth the death is Felicity or Laurel.

If it's Felicity that would be the biggest troll-job I've ever seen. No way it's Felicity. EBR isn't leaving.

I also don't see a scenario where it's Laurel either. KC plays an iconic female superhero. They would never kill off the Black Canary. They've already disrespected this amazing female superhero enough on the small screen (in my opinion) so for them to go in for the kill (literally) is next to impossible if you ask me. They've already strayed from the comics as is which is upsetting to endless comic fans so they'd really, really be playing with fire if they killed off the Black Canary. The verbal backlash would be neverending.

I think this death will be a huge fakeout and it's not going to end up being anyone significant that will break the hearts of fans. I just don't see it. Of course I could be wrong.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-08-2015 at 11:03 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Did anyone else notice yet another Hal Jordan/Green Lantern tease in this episode? Seriously, how long will they continue to torture us with these GL hints on both The Flash and Arrow? Is he gonna show up already? I mean, they already had Jay Garrick show up on The Flash.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

I noticed. I could see people missing it though. There was so much going on. The Fkashbacks were almost hard to focus on.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, and not only that, they also referenced Kord Industries as well. Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle! I'm sooooo hoping he shows up as well as Hal Jordan.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Kord is referenced a lot I think. It's been mentioned before. Wasn't the original plan for Ray to be the Blue Beatle but had to switch him to the Atom because DC had future plans using Ted Kord?

Regardless I'm feeling good about this season. Same with Flash. Though the premeire was a bit underwhelming there. I feel the second episode will pick up for them though.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Pretty much all the reviewers think Felicity is a far too easy an option for the death candidate. These guys are seasoned television watchers so they would have seen it all. Also the reviews are pretty glowing i especially like that sites that were previously critical of the show had positive reviews for the opener. And that they also went from being critical of Olicity/Felicity to back on board and finding their chemistry cute and the relationship handled well.

The Laurel Thea team up got some good reviews too.

I think it is going to be a great season
Old 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Laurel and Thea were fun on screen together. We've sorely missed girl bonding time on this show. I'd love to see them outside of vigilante actions. Honestly I think my dream scene would be Laurel, Thea, Felcitynall getting drunk together at Verdant.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

I doubt it's Felicity's grave for one simple reason - Barry seems pretty calm and collected. This is a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He wouldn't 1) Miss Felicity's funeral and 2) Be so calm about one of his close friends dying.

I'm thinking Barry was probably there for moral support. Maybe it's Diggle, or perhaps Lyla? (Or possibly Oliver finds out about his son and either the son, or the mother, is killed shortly after coming into his life).

Last edited by Elektra; 10-08-2015 at 03:12 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Okay.... So I just saw someone saying they thought maybe both Lyla and Sara were killed. At first I was like no way. 1. We only saw one grave. However, husband and wife, mother and child have been buried together before. Someone was telling me you can get an oversized coffin. 2. They wouldn't be that cruel. I was thinking how they keep saying Dig has a big story this year. I mean they finally brought him back HIVE. So we know he will be on search for brothers killer. 3. They do love to borrow from other comics. I know in the comics Roy's wife and child were killed.

I think I'd be more devastated if they did this over killing Felcity. I'd want to hold Dig tight.

Another thought... We are assuming it's DD because Oliver says "he." Malcolm could totally have don't something bad as well. Oliver did help him ascend to RAS. Consequences have to be had.

As you can see.. I've pretty much considere very possible death so far. I need to quit thinking about it.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 10-08-2015 at 05:58 PM
Old 10-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Pretty much all the reviewers think Felicity is a far too easy an option for the death candidate. These guys are seasoned television watchers so they would have seen it all. Also the reviews are pretty glowing i especially like that sites that were previously critical of the show had positive reviews for the opener. And that they also went from being critical of Olicity/Felicity to back on board and finding their chemistry cute and the relationship handled well.

The Laurel Thea team up got some good reviews too.

I think it is going to be a great season
While I highly doubt it is Felicity, this show doesn't exactly do surprises that well. If it had to be anyone on the main cast I would think Thea or Quentin, more Quentin then Thea though.

<< green arrow >>

Oliver: 27mins, 4secs
Laurel: 13mins, 59secs
Diggle: 12mins, 9secs
Thea: 12mins, 34secs
Felicity: 13mins, 39secs
Malcolm: 0mins, 0secs
Quentin: 6mins, 31secs

<< season totals (so far) >>

Oliver: 27mins, 4secs
Laurel: 13mins, 59secs
Diggle: 12mins, 9secs
Thea: 12mins, 34secs
Felicity: 13mins, 39secs
Malcolm: 0mins, 0secs
Quentin: 6mins, 31secs
http://queencanaries.tumblr.com/

Quote:
The CW’s Arrow returned on Wednesday night to 2.6 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, up in the demo from last season’s opener and finale (which both did 2.8 mil/1.0) and marking its highest-rated premiere since its 2012 series launch (which scored a 1.3).
http://tvline.com/2015/10/08/arrow-s...miere-ratings/
Up in demo, down in overall viewers.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-08-2015 at 07:21 PM
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

The premiere was pretty good, I thoughly enjoyed it.

But can someone please explain to me what is Lance motivations for even working with Damien ? I mean call me a bit confused here.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Laurel/Thea team up was amazing!!! Give me more!!!

Olicity were adorable!!!! Felicity is on point so far!!

Team Digg was freaking amazing!! I love Digg being in charge

I really enjoyed the premiere.. they were all MVP's I hope season 4 continues this run!!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
The premiere was pretty good, I thoughly enjoyed it.

But can someone please explain to me what is Lance motivations for even working with Damien ? I mean call me a bit confused here.
I am guessing DD came to Quentin telling him that could save the city if he worked with him. Quentin agreed but didn't know the full extent of what DD would actually do.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
I am guessing DD came to Quentin telling him that could save the city if he worked with him. Quentin agreed but didn't know the full extent of what DD would actually do.
Oh boy and I feel that is going to cost him big time.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

That's good that it's up in demos. That's the one that matters more, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I posted this elsewhere, but it's relevant here, so I'm cross-posting it:

As much as I love Felicity, the idea that she's 'untouchable' because of her popularity is a fallacy. If the writers wanted to kill her (or anyone else, for that matter), popularity is not going to stop them. Aside from one misstep in Season 2 where they soke out of turn, these writers have conducted themselves professionally, and professional writers don't pander to fans and let their (fans') opinions dictate how they write.
I don't think she's untouchable - all the arrow cast sans Oliver are candidates, but I think popularity counts for something. How can it not? Shows need ratings, and they need to make money. So they'd need to work out if something was worth that risk, and personally I think it would be a really stupid move. Creatively I hope they have lots they want to explore with her character. They've already said they fight over who gets to write her scenes, so there's that.

So yeah, I'm worried and will continue to be, but maybe slightly less so for reasons including popularity.

I hate that we have this guessing game though. All season. :/
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread