Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

[3x22] This Is Your Sword: Episode Discussion

This Is Your Sword
3x22 - episode discussion

AL SAH-HIM TAKES HIS FINAL STEPS TO ASCENSION; ROY AND THEA REUNITE — Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) finishes his training and is left with two final tasks to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s (guest star Matt Nable) threatens Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) and delivers some shocking news. Meanwhile, Malcolm (John Barrowman) makes a surprising offer to Team Arrow and Thea (Willa Holland) goes to see Roy (Colton Haynes).
Wendey Stanzler directed the episode with story by Erik Oleson and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#322). Original airdate 5/6/2015.

Promos

‘Arrow’ 3×22 Promo: ‘This Is Your Sword’ | The CW Source

Promotional photos

‘Arrow’ 3×22 Promotional Photos: ‘This Is Your Sword’ | The CW Source

Sneak Peeks

None yet.

Producer's Preview

‘Arrow’ 3×22 Producer’s Preview: ‘This Is Your Sword’ | The CW Source

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode. I'm looking forward to next week more,but this week was still kind of interesting. I'm surprised that Ray wants to give Felicity his company. It's a huge gesture and I don't know why he'd do it. He's not Oliver and can't quit his day job.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really liked this episode, could've shortened the flashback or Thea/Roy but overall I really enjoyed it.

Can't say how refreshing it was to see Black Canary fight with some technique! Of course her being able to handle the LOA was a bit of a stretch, but she already fought them 2 episodes ago so I don't mind that much, if at all honestly. Just chalk it up to her training with Nyssa really paying off within 1-2months. They really need to change the Canary Cry sound or at least specify if BC can control how strong it is, when she lets out that cry, ears should bleed. And it would've made perfect sense for her to use it during the fight in NP.

I was worried about what they would do with Felicity during the fight but they got around it by just having the LOA ignore her till the end which was fine.

Really hoping that they have a good way to explain TA surviving the "poison" since Al Sha-Him being a sham was a let down and the whole "we don't kill on weddings" or whatever was a bit of a stretch to have them survive as long as they did.

The wedding went off without a hitch, SURPRISE! said barely anyone. Glad they went through with it since coping out of it after having Al Sha-Him be fake and finding a way to let TA survive as long already took all the cop out they can do within an episode.

Katana looked GREAT, probably the best costume in the series imo. Her having to kill Maseo was sad but I was fully expecting her to lose so I was happy to see that she didnt.

Really wishing the finale was 2 hrs long.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ray giving Felicity his company will properly tie into his upcoming series in the Fall
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a very good episode.

The only thing I didn't care for was the wedding. It was too predictable of a story but other than that the rest of it was pretty good.

I love how Felicity recruited Ray in helping them in Nanda Par Bat.

I seriously love Ray. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the spinoff.

Oh man Thea and Roy- they were probably some of the best parts for me especially that ending when Roy left Thea his suit. I am so waiting for the day when she puts it on and becomes Speedy!

Looking forward to next week. Part of it reminded me of Batman Begins where Batman had his confrontation on the train with Ras so I think that's kind of cool.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I liked this episode. I'm looking forward to next week more,but this week was still kind of interesting. I'm surprised that Ray wants to give Felicity his company. It's a huge gesture and I don't know why he'd do it. He's not Oliver and can't quit his day job.
I know, I liked the episode but it was kind of a previous for the next episode. There happened things that everyone would have expected for this episode.
I was surprised too, but maybe Ray wants to leave Starling City and do something different with his life. The writers have to found a reason of why Ray is going to leave SC (and later live in another one from the spin-off).

I agree with the NP fight, that Laurel should have used the Canary Cry. Did she forget that or maybe the writers forget to think of that? However, I think she was awesome in this episode, her training with Nyssa had excellent results!

My favorite parts of the episode, everything from Maseo, Tatsu and Akio. Katana's performance and her costume were great!! I'd love to see her again. And the fight between her and Maseo was very sad, I knew one of them was going to die. It was the best part of the episode, and not the happiest end for their story but I really liked it.

I also liked a lot the scenes between Ray and Felicity. I can't to see Felicity's face when she realizes what he did with the company!

Oh, and for sure I won't forget about another sweet part of the episode, Thea and Roy! I'm going to miss these too so much .
Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the Maseo and Tatsu fight scene. That was probably one of the best. And the Katana suit- easily one of the coolest so far!

The fight actually broke my heart. Of course one of them had to die and if you know comic book lore you know it couldn't be Katana but still it was heartbreaking to watch Maseo die.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved when Laurel and Diggle went against Felicity, it was about time. I like Felicity but what Oliver has done in there eyes has been... pathetic although I understand his reasoning.

That Diggle and Oliver scene. the first friendship I loved on this show, it was just so sad to see but I agree with every work Diggle said.

Nice Thea/Roy scenes, although I didn't care for it much. Was never much of a shipper but I'll miss Roy.

Loved Ray!

Not much to type on but I enjoyed the episode.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oliver needs to learn to trust his team members instead of always trying to play solo
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well..... not to be the one to say, "I told you so," but I was right about Oliver faking his whole "Al Sah-him" thing. However, I was wrong about Maseo. It was actually Malcolm that Oliver was working with to infiltrate the League, which disappoints me because I never thought Maseo would be part of a plan release the same virus that killed his son, or that he'd be the one to give it to the League.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

^Yes, I'm starting to suspect that you're one of the writers of this show Your theories were right! And yeah although it wasn't Maseo, I was impressed that Malcolm was the one who made the plan with Oliver.
But this Tatsu/Maseo fight made me realize that Maseo stopped having that light inside of him after Akio died, so that's why he left and he joined the LoA, he became in another shadow. It surprises me that he had the virus... I mean, I understand the way he changed and that he was almost (or not almost) possessed by that poison that has the LoA and especially RAG... brainwashing him to the point he gets the virus that killed his own son and gives it to someone that will use it to do the same that happened in Hong Kong... So finally, he thanked Tatsu for killing him because that was the (sadly) only way to release him from the darkness.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would have enjoyed seeing Oliver beeing Al-sah him... Found him more interesting when he was "a bad guy"..
Old 05-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved the humor from Ray and Felicity (Ray said something like, "so there is a lid for every pot", or something like it, and Felicity thought she killed that dude with the tablet )

I loved seeing Roy again, he is such a hottie! Like I said on Roy thread, I wished he stayed with Thea somewhere, anywhere...

It was sad seeing Akio die and seeing Diggle with a broken trust.

I'm interested if they will keep things on the positive side ending the season next week.

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-rebel86 (View Post)
I'm interested if they will keep things on the positive side ending the season next week.
I think they will!

I know, Felicity was surprised when the guy fell and I liked that Malcolm saved her from him!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like how Felicity behaved. I mean, even Diggle believed the thing about the virus after he saw the video. Laurel was on board as well, but Felicity just did not want to hear it. I get that it was painful to realize that Oliver is gone, but she should think with her head sometimes. They shouldn't take any chances with a virus, even if the message is from Malcolm .

Oliver will finally have a job if Felicity owns the company, so yay for that.

Malcolm is a dumbass-Why would Ra's spare him? No one believes Malcolm is there to help anyone, they just knew that they couldn't take chances with that virus.

Tatsu makes me smile because Katana is the only character that DC has universally gotten right. Deadshot has been messed up and Amanda...is anyone's guess. I wish they could have has this actress play Katana in the movie, but I get why there's a separation. Could Tatsu come back as part of SS or TA?