Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

[3x21] Al Sah-Him: Episode Discussion

Al Sah-Him
3x21 - episode discussion

THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SITES ON NYSSA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sites on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend.
Thor Freudenthal directed the episode with story by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#321). Original airdate 4/29/2015.

Promos

‘Arrow’ 3×21 Promo: ‘Al Sah-Him’ | The CW Source

Promotional photos

‘Arrow’ 3×21 Promotional Photos: ‘Al Sah-Him’ | The CW Source

‘Arrow’ 3×21 Promotional Photos: ‘Al Sah-Him’ | The CW Source

Sneak Peeks

‘Arrow’ 3×21 Sneak Peek: ‘Al Sah-Him’ | The CW Source

Producer's Preview

None.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the thread
can't wait for the episode tomorrow
Old 04-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome

I didn't have time to watch it, I'll try to do it tomorrow, but I wanna see your comments !
Old 04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Over all it was an enjoyable episode. Though it is ANNOYING as hell how they treat Nyssa like some amateur when compared to Oliver. She only spent 30 years training underneath some of the best people.

The Canary Cry looked good, sounded weak though. Sara's Canary Bomb did more damage, and this is suppose to be like 10x stronger then the Canary Bomb, so it should've brought Oliver to his knees unless Black Canary is able to adjust the power.

It was nice to see everyone going through an emotional roller coaster, Laurel trying to convince everyone to save Nyssa was greatness. Their dinner scene was refreshing since it was light for this show.

TOTES called the Nyssa/Oliver marriage, saw it coming from a mile away.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

I hope we don't get one of those weird marriage escape plots that we see in so many movies
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh not feeling the Nyssa/Oliver marriage. Kind of a predictable storyline.

Other than that though the rest was pretty good.

I loved the Thea/Felicity stuff.

And Thea coming to the teams aide was badass!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I'll admit that Oliver may have briefly tricked me into thinking that the League brainwashing might have turned him, but after last night's episode, anyone who's still buying his "Al Sahim" act wasn't paying attention. We now know for certain that Oliver is faking, and that he's playing Ra's al Ghul, and we now know the reason why. Up until now, the flashbacks of Oliver in Hong Kong working with ARGUS, along with Maseo and Tatsu, to retrieve the weaponized Alpha-Omega virus from China White didn't seem to be going anywhere. And whatever relevance it had with the main storyline about Ra's al Ghul, Nada Parbat, and the League of Assassins was uncertain. But now we know for sure what's going on. Ra's has the Alpha-Omega virus that the HIVE unleashed on Hong Kong, and he wants to release it on Starling City, and I'm now more certain that ever that this was the reason for Oliver joining the League and agreeing to become the heir to the Demon. So this has been an act all along, getting close to Ra's al Ghul, training with the League and learning their skills(so that next time he faces Ra's he'll be ready), and it was all to retrieve and destroy the Alpha-Omega virus that killed Maseo and Tatsu's son. And save Starling City as well.

Also, I loved how Thea is taking one step further towards becoming Oliver's new sidekick, Speedy. Speedy in the comics was a girl named Mia Dearden.
Thea's full name is Thea Dearden Queen. Thea(Thee-aah), Mia(Mee-aah), and her middle name is the same as Mia's last name? Coincidence?

Oh, as for Ra's asking Oliver to marry Nyssa..... please, how many Batman storylines are they going to steal? This is the same thing that Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to do with Talia, as well as take over as the new Demon's head. I appreciate this storyline so far, but the writers need to remember that they are writing about the Green Arrow, not the Dark Knight.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-30-2015 at 06:38 AM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Over all it was an enjoyable episode. Though it is ANNOYING as hell how they treat Nyssa like some amateur when compared to Oliver. She only spent 30 years training underneath some of the best people.

The Canary Cry looked good, sounded weak though. Sara's Canary Bomb did more damage, and this is suppose to be like 10x stronger then the Canary Bomb, so it should've brought Oliver to his knees unless Black Canary is able to adjust the power.

It was nice to see everyone going through an emotional roller coaster, Laurel trying to convince everyone to save Nyssa was greatness. Their dinner scene was refreshing since it was light for this show.

TOTES called the Nyssa/Oliver marriage, saw it coming from a mile away.
I totally agree! Especially because Oliver seems to fight like her and he only spent 8 years training... While Nyssa started to train as a child...

Maybe Laurel handled it to not be so strong... Sara's one was louder than Laurel's so I don't know why that's happening because supposedly Cisco managed it to make it better...

And I think everyone saw it coming... I'm not surpised by Ra's decision to make her marry Oliver.

The three things that I loved from this episode:
-Nyssa and Laurel!
-Thea
-Diggle

I loved how all the team is worried by Oliver and how they show their loyalty to him. Gone but never forgotten!

The LoA is boring me a lot (sorry for who's enjoying it, it's only an opinion), the only thing that I'd take from the LoA would be Nyssa, Sara and Maseo. I do think that Ra's trying to convince Oliver to become in the next RAG was something very childish. I have to say that this season was the best one for me because most of the characters have grown a lot, but if I should take a big bad, I'd choose the Dark Archer and Deathstroke. Now I'm very intrigued to know what happened with Batman with the LoA.

@PhoenixRising totally agree with you! I can see you point of view the only thing I'd like to ask everyone... will Maseo be involved on this virus thing?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, I'll admit that Oliver may have briefly tricked me into thinking that the League brainwashing might have turned him, but after last night's episode, anyone who's still buying his "Al Sahim" act wasn't paying attention. We now know for certain that Oliver is faking, and that he's playing Ra's al Ghul, and we now know the reason why. Up until now, the flashbacks of Oliver in Hong Kong working with ARGUS, along with Maseo and Tatsu, to retrieve the weaponized Alpha-Omega virus from China White didn't seem to be going anywhere. And whatever relevance it had with the main storyline about Ra's al Ghul, Nada Parbat, and the League of Assassins was uncertain. But now we know for sure what's going on. Ra's has the Alpha-Omega virus that the HIVE unleashed on Hong Kong, and he wants to release it on Starling City, and I'm now more certain that ever that this was the reason for Oliver joining the League and agreeing to become the heir to the Demon. So this has been an act all along, getting close to Ra's al Ghul, training with the League and learning their skills(so that next time he faces Ra's he'll be ready), and it was all to retrieve and destroy the Alpha-Omega virus that killed Maseo and Tatsu's son. And save Starling City as well.

Also, I loved how Thea is taking one step further towards becoming Oliver's new sidekick, Speedy. Speedy in the comics was a girl named Mia Dearden.
Thea's full name is Thea Dearden Queen. Thea(Thee-aah), Mia(Mee-aah), and her middle name is the same as Mia's last name? Coincidence?

Oh, as for Ra's asking Oliver to marry Nyssa..... please, how many Batman storylines are they going to steal? This is the same thing that Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to do with Talia, as well as take over as the new Demon's head. I appreciate this storyline so far, but the writers need to remember that they are writing about the Green Arrow, not the Dark Knight.
I agree with most of your points above. Only question is if Oliver knew the league had the virus why be so reluctant to join? Just to make enough a show for Ra's? This would also imply that Maseo may be in on the plan as well.
fanoffelicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoffelicity (View Post)
I agree with most of your points above. Only question is if Oliver knew the league had the virus why be so reluctant to join? Just to make enough a show for Ra's? This would also imply that Maseo may be in on the plan as well.
Oliver may not have known about Ra's having the virus until he spoke with Maseo. And I wouldn't be surprised if that was Maseo's reason for joining the League all along. I'm not buying that it was all out of grief for Akio's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
The LoA is boring me a lot (sorry for who's enjoying it, it's only an opinion), the only thing that I'd take from the LoA would be Nyssa, Sara and Maseo. I do think that Ra's trying to convince Oliver to become in the next RAG was something very childish. I have to say that this season was the best one for me because most of the characters have grown a lot, but if I should take a big bad, I'd choose the Dark Archer and Deathstroke. Now I'm very intrigued to know what happened with Batman with the LoA.
Well, I must admit that the League of Assassins story works better in Batman than it does in Arrow. It's one of the best and longest-running story arcs in Bruce Wayne's history. Deathstroke and Bane are both connected to the League, and Bane was intended by Ra's to take over the League after Bruce turned down the offer. And of course, Ra's daughter, Talia al Ghul, is one of Bruce Wayne's great loves, along with Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Talia secretly gave birth to Bruce's son, Damien Wayne, and gave him up for adoption.

Oh, and has anyone else figured out that Maseo's wife, Tatsu Yamashiro, is actually the DC Comics character, Katana?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-30-2015 at 07:37 AM
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

OMG I didn't know that! I think I've read somewhere that Talia was a romantic interest for Batman but I never heard about their son. It seems more interesting that Arrow's arc around the LoA, I should read those Batman comics. One friend of mine is always talking me about Talia, she watches Arrow and she knows a lot of Batman and the LoA, but she expected something more, like Talia!

Yes! I wonder if all these flashbacks will start a story on Arrow for her...
Old 04-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, Talia having Bruce's son was part of one of the best Batman graphic novels ever, Son of the Demon. And I don't think they'll ever have Talia on Arrow because she's way too closely aligned with Batman and Bruce Wayne. It wouldn't be right to have Talia on Arrow with no Bruce Wayne in the Arrow/Flash universe... unless that kid on Gotham is gonna grow up to join this universe.

Oh, and speaking of superheroes having illegitimate children, what happened to Oliver Queen's old girlfriend who gave birth to his son? Is she still in Central City, and are they going anywhere with that storyline? And how many more ideas will they steal from Batman?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-30-2015 at 08:56 AM
Old 05-02-2015, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I thought Roy was Speedy, then Arsenal. That's what they're doing for Teen Titans and what Comic Book Database says.

Quote:

Oliver on Arrow is a LOT like Bruce Wayne, which I've always found ridiculous. They need to have more balance to the character, but oh well.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 05-02-2015 at 04:28 AM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, and speaking of superheroes having illegitimate children, what happened to Oliver Queen's old girlfriend who gave birth to his son? Is she still in Central City, and are they going anywhere with that storyline? And how many more ideas will they steal from Batman?
Actually, if I'm not wrong, that storyline came from Arrow comics . I've read it somewhere, I swear, that is not new the thing that Oliver Queen has a son without any knowledge about it. However, I believe that the writers are trying to keep with that story for future seasons, they just have made us remember that she's alive and that she gave birth to his son. For sure we'll know more from her and Oliver's son on future seasons.

Roy was called Speedy by Oliver several times, but he kept with the name "Arsenal". Also, the news called him "Red Hood" or "Red Arrow", I don't remember exactly. I believe that Thea is destined to be Speedy, don't forget that Oliver also called her Speedy plenty of times in the show.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
Actually, if I'm not wrong, that storyline came from Arrow comics . I've read it somewhere, I swear, that is not new the thing that Oliver Queen has a son without any knowledge about it. However, I believe that the writers are trying to keep with that story for future seasons, they just have made us remember that she's alive and that she gave birth to his son. For sure we'll know more from her and Oliver's son on future seasons.

Roy was called Speedy by Oliver several times, but he kept with the name "Arsenal". Also, the news called him "Red Hood" or "Red Arrow", I don't remember exactly. I believe that Thea is destined to be Speedy, don't forget that Oliver also called her Speedy plenty of times in the show.
Oh, so you finally got the chance to read them.

Oliver and Shado have a son named Connor in the comics, so maybe they're borrowing from that.

Spoiler: