Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

[3x17] Suicidal Tendencies: Episode Discussion

Suicidal Tendencies
3x17 - episode discussion

DIGGLE MARRIES LYLA; THE SUICIDE SQUAD RIDES AGAIN — It’s celebration time as Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) get married. However, Deadshot (guest star Michael Rowe) interrupts their honeymoon and tells them the Suicide Squad has been given a new mission – rescue United States Senator Joseph Cray (guest star Steven Culp) from a hostage situation in the Republic of Kasnia. Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) breaks down the mission and introduces them to the newest member of the Suicide Squad, Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick). Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) learns about Ray’s new Atom costume and the two have a heated stand-off. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Ray hit a rough patch.
Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu (#317). Original airdate 3/25/2015.

Promos

‘Arrow’ 3×17 Extended Promo: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’ | The CW Source

Promotional photos

‘Arrow’ 3×17 Promotional Photos: ‘Suicidal Tendiencies’ | The CW Source

More Promotional Photos from ‘Arrow’ Episode 3×17: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’ | The CW Source

Sneak Peeks

‘Arrow’ 3×17 Sneak Peek: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’ | The CW Source

Producer's Preview

‘Arrow’ 3×17 Producer’s Preview: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’ | The CW Source

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Charlone; 03-25-2015 at 11:32 PM
Charlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

watching it now

Spoiler:

too many storylines going on again....they should have done Deadshots back story in a different episode
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lol what kind of Gossip Girl blast that all of TA got?

It was really refreshing to see Oliver/Laurel have a non-heated conversation. They've always been dramatic with one another since day 1 with very little sentimental/light moments which is always a problem I've felt like they had in the chemistry department.

Seems really weird to have such a small Task Force X. They REALLY need to start developing Waller. She is so one-note, I need more from her, like A LOT more.

It may be just me but it really seems like they are treating Cupid as their own version of Harley since they can't use her.

Killing off Deadshot doesn't seem like the smartest decision. Of course if there is no dead body, he could always be alive but there are certain characters you keep around and he is one.

Is there a bathroom or something in the Arrow Cave? People just walk out of random places in there.

Just like Laurels brief turn against The Arrow at the beginning of S2, it is a bit far out there this season with Quentin to think that Arrow would be going around killing people again, especially the Mayor or whoever the woman was. Talk about being blinded by hate.

Overall, it was an ok episode. It was kind of sorta nice for the flashbacks to kind of, sort of flesh out Deadshot a little more.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd love to see the Arrow be the next Rhas Al Goul...just for a short time.... it sounds like Rhas wants Oliver to take his place badly.

I'm still not convinced that it is the same Rhas who trained Batman,,,but that's for another discussion
Old 03-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
too many storylines going on again....they should have done Deadshots back story in a different episode
Maybe. I think he's not going to come back soon, if he's alive. I don't think he died, it was an explosion, and every fan of Arrow knows that a character is not dead until you see their body. Remember Oliver (twice) and Sara. Everyone can be back from the dead.

I'm more than proud of Oliver right now. He was my favorite in this episode, aside of all the Suicide Squad.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode felt like a filler episode which I'm okay with since we've been getting a lot of heavy ones lately.

Liked that we got the Deadshot backstory. The way he sacrificed himself was not something I was expecting! He may be a bad guy but he's one with a heart. He really didn't want Dig and Lyla to to leave their daughter without parents.

The Arrow on Fake Arrows fight was awesome.

Good stuff between Arrow, Arsenal and Atom.

Seeing Maseo dressed up as Arrow was wrong on so many levels. Poor guy- tied with his loyalties toward Ra's and his once friendship with Oliver.

Next week looks so action packed though so looking forward to that!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

anyone shipping Deadshot and Cupid LOL??

so Arrow has beat every major villain and the Flash and ATOM in a fight

He just hasn't beat Rha's Al Ghoul yet

Arrow would lose against Batman as well....and probably Bane since Bane beat Batman and broke his back
Old 03-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
This episode felt like a filler episode which I'm okay with since we've been getting a lot of heavy ones lately.
I thought it was only me! I know, this episode didn't have big plots like the last ten episodes did. Ray's time to realize that Oliver was the Arrow was very rushed for me, that's why I didn't pay too much attention to that. The only big thing of this episode was the last scene, and maybe the supposed Deadshot's death.

Quote:
They REALLY need to start developing Waller. She is so one-note, I need more from her, like A LOT more.
Agree! But I don't think the writers will develop more of her life. Maybe in the next season, with Oliver in another place... He will be interacting a lot with her in the flashbacks with the ARGUS issue so I feel like we'll know more of her but not now.

Quote:
Me, maybe...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Arrow show can't use Harley Quinn anymore even though it's still in the DC Universe?

Fox's Gothem has used her yet??
Old 03-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Gotham belongs to FOX? I thought Harley Quinn would be great to see in Arrow but I don't think she'll be in there .
Old 03-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

The forced tension between Ray/Felicity/Oliver is starting to annoy me. It makes me enjoy the Felicity/Oliver scenes less. What I like about them originally was they seemed to develop naturally sort of out of a mutual respect sort of thing.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

I try to not pay attention to that triangle because of course it'd annoy me. I'd even not enjoy both couples or the stories from them. They tried to make tension between Oliver and Ray and I don't feel it really worked. I mean, tension about Felicity and for the Arrow's murders.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)

so Arrow has beat every major villain and the Flash and ATOM in a fight

He just hasn't beat Rha's Al Ghoul yet

Arrow would lose against Batman as well....and probably Bane since Bane beat Batman and broke his back
Their scenes cracked me up.

I do think they're making her the show's Harley Quinn, which is why I have a huge problem with the character. Yes, she was hilarious, but her fawning over Deashot also reminded me of Harley and her "puddin' pop".

Batman Pwns any hero, period. There's no point in even wondering how the fight would go.

I liked this episode, but last week's was more fun.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I do think they're making her the show's Harley Quinn, which is why I have a huge problem with the character. Yes, she was hilarious, but her fawning over Deashot also reminded me of Harley and her "puddin' pop".
I thought the same, the show can't have Harley Quinn, so, they will make Cupid similar to Harley keeping with her character too.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved the background story from Lawton and wish that he is not dead, him and Cupid are the new kind of crazy kink.

When Diggle said he wanted to quit being in Arrow team, I thought that would actually be a good idea. I mean, he is a family man and he does not have the drive to do the same things as Ollie has, I wouldn't mind seeing him only as a guest actor.

I am sooooo glad that Atom suit wasn't as big hit as I imagined it would be, but I doubt Ray will stop using it.
Btw, does Brandon Routh has some kind of problems with his eyes, they were red as hell on the wedding. Allergies?

And, what happened to Roy?They kinda skipped the whole "Atom threw him in the air" thing. Not important, right. He survived. Period.

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread