Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

[3x16] The Offer: Episode Discussion

The Offer
3x16 - episode discussion

DC COMICS’ VILLAIN MURMUR SWEEPS INTO STARLING CITY — Still weighed down by his last meeting with Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable), Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns home to find a new villain and his crew have started terrorizing Starling City – Michael Amar AKA Murmur (guest star Adrian Glynn McMorran), a man whose mouth has been sewn shut. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) bond over their issues with their fathers and Nyssa make Laurel an offer. Thea (Willa Holland) is forced to come to terms with her father after Oliver brings Malcom (John Barrowman) to the loft to recover, and Lance (Paul Blackthorne) shuts out both Laurel and the Arrow.
Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan (#316). Original airdate 3/18/2015.

Promos

‘Arrow’ 3×16 Extended Promo: ‘The Offer’ | The CW Source

Promotional photos

‘Arrow’ 3×16 Promotional Photos: ‘The Offer’ | The CW Source

Sneak Peeks

None yet.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo we're back! So can't wait for tonight's episode
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

I know, it was a long wait! I'm so excited
Old 03-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Laurel charging in and attempting to protect Thea, how sweet. It was refreshing to see her use what fighting skills she has learned up to this point.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

WTH Ra's Al Ghul?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of the season, it was one of the more personal ones for half the characters.

Laurel was on her A game again, her scenes with Thea/Quentin/Nyssa were really good. She finally changed up her police baton beating ways and used her fists. Girl has determination and guts, can't deny that. Her and Nyssa finding common ground was great and with Wildcat gone, it is about time she gets another trainer.

I love how fast planes are in the Arrow-verse, everyone traveling half way across the world and back within a day. Nyssa visited her father and was back all within 1-2 days judging by peoples outfits.

I laughed when Oliver visited Felicity and was trying to "man up" it seemed by using his best Arrow voice at the beginning.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

^I agree, now that Wildcat is gone, Nyssa can train Laurel. I didn't think Nyssa was going to be that nice with Laurel but now that she did, I'm glad.
2 days from Nanda Parbat to Starling City seem right, maybe it seems that planes are fast because they travel plenty of times in only one episode.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think Nyssa is so receptive now because she sees her in a totally different light. Compared to Season2/beginning of S3, Laurel isn't afraid to get dirty and has a big drive. Nyssa respects that. I just hope that we get actual scenes of the two training together.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Maybe Nyssa respects what she's doing for her sister, that she's becoming in a "warrior" to honor Sara, not to replace her. I hope the same!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Gimmie Gimmie MOAR Gimmie MOAR
Old 03-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

only nyssa would make me look forward to seeing more of laurel on my screen and honestly, nyssa is the best teacher laurel could hope for. besides, they're both going through the same things, it'll be really interesting to see them bond and become friends. they do have a cool dynamic going on.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Laurel was freakin' awesome this week! I loved how she charged in and protected Thea. I've always liked the bond they had but now it's become something more since Thea is on the team, technically.

Her confrontation with her father was heartbreaking.

And then her bond with Nyssa, that was something I wasn't expecting but I'm excited for it nontheless! They both have that common thread that is Sara so it will be interesting for them to become friends and for Nyssa to train her. You know she will be a hardass trainer and I'm looking forward to it.

I love how Laurel isn't your typical hero- she's still trying to find her footing and still needs training.

~*~*~

Thea man, she completely broke my heart. She is so broken and like she said, so far away from the girl she was before their mom died.

I loved how she went to Roy's. No surprise that they made out. She's so broken so she needed that.

~*~*~

Glad to see Team Arrow back in action! I've missed that kind of stuff so it was awesome to see.

~*~*~

And damn Ra's, that ending and what he did. Hell!

~*~*~

This has been the best season yet and to me that's saying a lot since I've been a fan of the show since the start.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. How many more game changers can there be?!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

^I know, I didn't expect to see more interaction between Nyssa and Laurel but I like it . I'm glad how the writers wrote her character this season, it's a big difference from the last one. And I also like to see she has friends like Thea, Felicity and perhaps Nyssa.

I am so mad about what the writers are doing with detective (or as he likes to be called, Captain) Lance, I hope his relationship with both Laurel and Arrow cames back to the first point where it was. I started to like his character when he started to have a good relationship with Arrow, thanks to Sara. Laurel is a bit annoyed of the way her father is acting and I understand her. Also, I think Oliver felt Lance's comment heartbreaking. And I never knew Oliver took care a lot of his relationship with Quentin.

Quote:
Glad to see Team Arrow back in action! I've missed that kind of stuff so it was awesome to see.
I agree, but I need to see Diggle in there, fighting with them

BTW I liked how Oliver saved Laurel from the car, it was pretty cool!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Wtf is Ra'h doing in Starling?!
Really, that man... and his hidden agendas.

I hate the tension between Ray, Felicity and Ollie. And this is not the relationship I imagined. I just can't accept
Quote:
"If I have you in my life, I am happy."
Nope.
No.
Just no. They have amazing chemistry and they should not waste it on being collegues or friends.

I also felt bad for Laurel and her dad. I was hoping he could forgive her. maybe someday...

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-rebel86 (View Post)
Wtf is Ra'h doing in Starling?!
Trying to be a bad guy

He's been really cold with her and that makes me a bit angry. He's not the character that I used to love. Also, he blames her for all this thing with Sara's death, but why can't he stop with that and just care about the only daughter left that he has in his life? Or also, the last person who he loves and who reciprocates the feeling, because after all this mess, Laurel will get mad with him and he's going to regret all what he did...