Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Originals 5x13 "When the Saints Go Marching In" Episode Discussion {August 1, 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. EST} [SERIES FINALE]

5x13: "When the Saints Go Marching In"

August 1st 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: (Series Finale) - ALWAYS AND FOREVER — Intent on saving Hope’s (Danielle Rose Russell) life, Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) plan will change the lives of the Mikaelson family forever. Daniel Gillies, Charles Michael Davis, Riley Voelkel and Yusuf Gatewood also star. Lance Anderson directed the episode with teleplay by Jeffrey Lieber and story by Julie Plec (#513). Original airdate 8/1/2018.
PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 08-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've posted about the series finale on Facebook and Instagram
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So freaking happy about Marcel|Rebekah also glad about the fact that Freya|Keelin want to start a family, too bad on Vincent BUT doesn't shock me

So happy that Klaus listened to Caroline his moment with Hope and all their drinking|laughing having a good time together makes me melt and

My heart Klaus telling Rekebah that Caroline will have the cure for her - so that she can live the human life she wants too whenever she's ready

Elijah's speech at the end to Klaus OMFG - I'm crying

VINCENT changed his mind

Rekebah right away taking the cure and getting her 100 years with Marcel as his wife

Done and am

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit that I personally feel like this is one of the better ever series finales - it 100% is wrapping everything up
Old 08-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

agreed, perfect ending
Old 08-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Most probably don't agree though
Old 08-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like the previous episode this one had me crying throughout!

I loved it though. I was so glad Cami was back and kept Klaus from giving in to the darkness. I loved all the goodbye scenes. So happy for Marcel and Rebekah.

The only thing I wanted more was seeing Elijah and Klaus reunited with Hayley and Cami in the afterlife, but otherwise it was a beautiful ending.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Like the previous episode this one had me crying throughout!

I loved it though. I was so glad Cami was back and kept Klaus from giving in to the darkness. I loved all the goodbye scenes. So happy for Marcel and Rebekah.

The only thing I wanted more was seeing Elijah and Klaus reunited with Hayley and Cami in the afterlife, but otherwise it was a beautiful ending.
I would have loved to see that too. I wish the season finale would have been 2 hours. It should have been 2 hours. I wonder if there was some delete scenes from the finale. I read that Josh was supposed to be in the finale, and people was speculating on how. But he wasn't unless he was in the scene in which Hope saw Hayley.
LadyKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Going to unstick this
Old 08-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely preferred this ending over TVD ending. lol
Will respost my post from the TVD thread about this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I watched the series finale and personally I liked it a lot and it was probably because I didn't care about shipping or anything when it came to the Originals, I just enjoyed the journey... and for ME, I just didn't see the love between Klaus and Caroline. JUST ME, I said it when this season started that I saw 2 people who truly cared about each other however they both moved on pass love...well more for Klaus, since I don't see when Caroline fell in love with Klaus. I felt she had strong feelings for him but it never crossed over to love.

I felt while watching the Originals, it was Klaus love for Cami what really grew him out as a character so I felt Klaus/Caroline being endgame after all of that wouldn't have worked for me or really touched me at all. Probably if Caroline joined the series last year and left TVD, it would have worked out better for me. Or as Caroline stated, more years down the line. lol Probably the chase would have continued a few more years until he FINALLY won her over but even than, I didn't see the love. Klaus just grew so much.

Probably if we never got the Originals series and it was only TVD with Klaus staying on the series, I would feel differently.

I felt this episode ended the way it should have, with it being all about family and free will and what the show was always about. Always and Forever with the Originals.

My biggest complaint from the episode would be that Marcel/Klaus didn't get a one-on-one scene, I felt they should have since Marcel was the first one who made Klaus know how to love a none family member with all he had. He was like Marcel father, so I felt we should've gotten a great ending scene with those 2.

I did love Marcel telling Hope he'll always be there for her when she needs him even if he might not be there every second, he will be there.

Elijah deciding to die with his brother was a noble death. as he mentioned, none of them choose to be vampires, but they could choose how to have a selfless death and that was by each other's side. And I think it was easier for both Klaus and Elijah to do that knowing that Hope and the ones they loved were going to take care of each other.

Also the Rebekah scenes were amazing! This whole time she wanted to be human again but Klaus selfishness to have his sister forever by his side stopped that from happen so it was definitely fitting that now he's dying, he would gift her with the curse for she could be human again.

Her scene with Marcel was beautiful. And Marcel is just amazing. Accepting to stay with her until she's an old woman.
Rebekah will finally get the life she always wanted,

Loved the Kol scenes as usual!

Sad Hope will be without her mom or dad.

Pretty good series finale, and way better than TVD, since I didn't feel it was fanserviced or a waste of my time. lol At least with the Originals, it really ended in a way you'd expect a show like this ending.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread