Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Originals 5x03 "Ne Me Quitte Pas" Episode Discussion {May 02, 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. EST}

5x03: "Ne Me Quitte Pas"

May 02nd 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: WHO IS ELIJAH MIKAELSON? — In the immediate aftermath of having his memory erased by Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) awakens to find himself in the middle of nowhere and without a clue as to who he is. Unable to control his instinctive vampire ways, Elijah encounters Antoinette (guest star Jaime Murray), a beautiful and free-spirited vampire, who helps him navigate his new life. However, a run-in with Klaus (Joseph Morgan) threatens to destroy the peace he’s finally found. Joseph Morgan directed the episode written by K.C. Perry & Michelle Paradise (#503). Original airdate 5/2/2018.
PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 05-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably be tomorrow for me to watch
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm not really excited for this episode honestly....

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Joseph directed the ep
Old 05-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That's good. But the episode itself from what I've heard isn't going to make me happy.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea it does feel weird doing a flashback episode but at the same time excited for flashbacks but probably won't boat well for us Elijah|Hayley shippers

ETA not sure when I'll watch the episode - in one of my moods

Last edited by crash landing; 05-03-2018 at 11:30 AM
Old 05-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I freaking can't with no memory Elijah. Can he go away and give us back our Elijah please and thank you?!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope to get the episode watched before end of weekend
Old 05-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Hope you can.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-05-2018, 02:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really like this episode although I found some of it confusing.

I understand Marcel compelled Elijah to forget Hayley and his family, but why make him forget that he's a vampire? Why put him on the bus with no money in his pocket?

I simply loved Antoinette. She perfect for Elijah, and everything I imagine Elijah's girlfriend to be. However she's a little too perfect. Which means she can't be trusted, or she's a illusions created by the hollow to get Elijah to open the red door. ([ B] Note:[/B] I noticed that the red of the nightclub is a good parallel to the Red Door in Elijah's mind. )

Both Klaus's behavior, and Marcel's behavior seem over exaggerated and out of character . Than I realized that is because we are getting Elijah's point of view of the event that took place. Which means it might not have happened that way.

All in all I loved the episode, and I'm a little surprised that more people haven't commented on it.
LadyKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haven't commented cause still need to see the episode probably be watching it tomorrow though and than will comment on the episode

Plus not many people come here so welcome to the Joseph board - feel free to join us around the board
Old 05-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Before watching the episode I was dreadful BUT than behold was shocked at how much I actually liked the episode

Read below the gif for my live reaction while watching

The actions that happened in this episode didn't surprise me actually the fact that Elijah had found out about himself and than what he had said about his previous self made me sad but truthfully - it was the truth, he didn't really have time of happiness and most of his life as a Mikaelson was pitiful in the sense that it was all a burden

So saying that it doesn't surprise me that this Elijah that has no emotion for those that he calls Family cause of the fact of "always and forever" being removed - it hurt hearing him say that he knew that the love he had for Hayley, he couldn't feel. So it doesn't surprise me that this Elijah that has lived a 7 year old life without all of the burden of everything - rejected Klaus

Wow Elijah really was left with absolutely nothing and poor bb not knowing anything. So of course food won't help him - than hearing the heartbeat. Well that's different to see related to Elijah being in regular clothing

Poor Elijah knows absolutely nothing and guess this is the woman that Elijah finds. How does Elijah have memory of knowing the folklore surrounding vampires if he was meant to forget everything?

Aww Elijah is adorable with the coins while she pulls out a debit card

Is it hard to believe that she doesn't know that he's Elijah? Original family is well know - so would think she may have known who he was related to the "E" and the suit

Aww Elijah trying to be a regular man and he looks adorable being happy with this lady. Yea am Elijah|Hayley but do like this vampire. Elijah takes her to a nightclub - nice and adorable seeing him trying to dance but absolutely the smile on his face

WOW he brought her to a vampire eating nightclub

Joking Elijah is adorable oh and Elijah playing the piano is

Marcel oh being in New York because of the fact that Rekebah

Still question whether or not that she could not know who he was after learning his name was Elijah

WOW the dark path that he took trying to find Marcel and what he did in the nightclub

Marcel telling Elijah that he asked him to do it Marcel telling Elijah that he must trust himself

Well this must be how Elijah finds himself in France and oh looks like the club that Klaus finds him in regarding the premiere

She's a beautiful pianist She does seem like somebody that Elijah would fall for, even with his memories could see him falling in love with her

Present Time and they look so happy playing together

OHHHHH Elijah proposes to her but of course Klaus looks like she knows who Elijah is - OH Klaus compelled her and must have done that about 7 years ago as well

OH she tells Elijah but she couldn't be compelled Elijah taking on or trying to take on Klaus - the power going out from them being so close

That ain't gonna do anything girly

"And I don't care about any of you" Klaus is right about the emotion but Elijah speaking about himself in the 3rd person speaking as his past life was horrible and that he lived an awful life

"Elijah Mikaelson is dead" it doesn't surprise me that this hollow version of Elijah would feel this way - especially if he learnt about his past and has non of those feelings

That doesn't surprise me that he questions her and doesn't surprise me at all that she knew right away - there's no way that she couldn't have known like she said - the Mikaelson's are legendary

The way he said that Hayley was somebody that the other Elijah had loved that hurt hearing that as a Elijah|Hayley fan BUT I can truthfully appreciate that this "Elijah" had said it - especially if he learnt who he had been and didn't have the emotional connection
Old 05-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Before watching the episode I was dreadful BUT than behold was shocked at how much I actually liked the episode

Read below the gif for my live reaction while watching

The actions that happened in this episode didn't surprise me actually the fact that Elijah had found out about himself and than what he had said about his previous self made me sad but truthfully - it was the truth, he didn't really have time of happiness and most of his life as a Mikaelson was pitiful in the sense that it was all a burden
I would not say his life with his family wasn't a happy one, nor would I call it exactly a burden. Elijah chose that burden. He chose his family even when they didn't always choose him. As both Klaus and Rebecca agree. Elijah likes to fix things, and he view his family as broken.

Quote:
So saying that it doesn't surprise me that this Elijah that has no emotion for those that he calls Family cause of the fact of "always and forever" being removed - it hurt hearing him say that he knew that the love he had for Hayley, he couldn't feel. So it doesn't surprise me that this Elijah that has lived a 7 year old life without all of the burden of everything - rejected Klaus

I'm not surprised that he rejected Klaus's request. He knows about his family, but he doesn't know them. I'm more surprised that Klaus went to bring him home without Marcel to decompelled

Quote:
Wow Elijah really was left with absolutely nothing and poor bb not knowing anything. So of course food won't help him - than hearing the heartbeat. Well that's different to see related to Elijah being in regular clothing

Poor Elijah knows absolutely nothing and guess this is the woman that Elijah finds. How does Elijah have memory of knowing the folklore surrounding vampires if he was meant to forget everything?

Aww Elijah is adorable with the coins while she pulls out a debit card
[/Quote]

I understand why Marcel compelled Elijah to forget his family, but why compelled him to forget he's a vampire? Why put him on the bus with no money.

Quote:
Is it hard to believe that she doesn't know that he's Elijah? Original family is well know - so would think she may have known who he was related to the "E" and the suit.
She knew who he was when they first met. She knew all along. Which is one of the reasons I don't trust her. Why would she be taking vervain? The only people who have the ability to compelled someone is the Originals. Which indicates that she has been well aware of them for some time prior to meeting Elijah. Which makes me think about what Klaus said to Caroline.
" Elijah wouldn't know a enemy if they set down beside him". We see Antoinette sitting down beside Elijah. Antoinette also mentioned that she has a family. I wonder if she is related to the family that Klaus was killing?
Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good point about Antoinette but I'm not too concerned - she did say that she kept quiet in order for her not to be a pawn that can be used against Elijah - granted could still be used as a pawn but playing dumb on not knowing who he "truly" was

I can understand Elijah not knowing that he was a vampire - because of everything to do with family, he was created to be a vampre with his family - they went on the run together and first made that pact of always and forever when they first got turned -- Now associated to no money, that's a bit harsh and Marcel could have given him at least that but I don't fault Marcel for Elijah not knowing he was a vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Both Klaus's behavior, and Marcel's behavior seem over exaggerated and out of character . Than I realized that is because we are getting Elijah's point of view of the event that took place. Which means it might not have happened that way.
Care to explain because I didn't see any over exaggerated or out of character
Old 05-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Care to explain because I didn't see any over exaggerated or out of character
I am referring to the harshness and the tone that both Klaus and Marcel use when talking to Elijah. I find it hard to believe that either one of them will be that harsh with him knowing that he had has no memory. Marcel can be a ass hole at times but I find it hard to believe that he would just flat out threatened kill Elijah without explaining anything. Klaus behavior seem a little out of sort too. So he goes to bring Elijah back, but he doesn't take Marcel to uncompelled him? Klaus is a lot Smarter than that. Plus Klaus is aware of the power of the hollow. So he knows he can't stand to close to Elijah for a long time. That's when I realized that what we are seeing is Elijah's point of view.
Reply   Post New Thread