Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2015, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Originals 3x01 "For the Next Millennium" Episode Discussion {October 08, 2015 @ 9:00 p.m. EST} [SEASON PREMIERE]

3x01: "For the Next Millennium"

October 08th 2015 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: A WAR BREWING BETWEEN THE SIRE LINES — Months following their violent and deadly showdown with the powerful witch Dahlia, a rift continues to divide brothers Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies), while Freya (Riley Voekel) searches for a way to heal their fractured bond and return their family to the way they once were. Meanwhile, Klaus’ suspicion piques when he learns that an old vampire friend named Lucien (guest star Andrew Lees) has arrived to New Orleans with a mysterious agenda involving the Mikaelson’s remaining sire lines. Elsewhere, Elijah questions whether he can truly forgive his brother for his mounting offenses, while Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) struggles with being cursed to her wolf form in the bayou. In the French Quarter, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) and Cami (Leah Pipes) assist Detective Kinney (guest star Jason Dohring) after a series of gruesome discoveries are made, leading them to believe they may have a serial killer on the loose. Finally, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), who has regained control of the French Quarter once again, tries a new strategy to recruit vampires, while Davina (Danielle Campbell), who is now Regent to the New Orleans witches, makes a decision that will find her and Marcel on opposite sides of an escalating conflict.
PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by rocky845; 07-31-2018 at 10:03 PM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

• Loved seeing the actors and actress who were introduced as the Original children in Bringing Out the Dead. They were looking mighty fine too in the flashbacks. Also happy that we found out that they did stick together after they became vampires, that they ran from Mikael together as a family. That was a question that I wanted answered ever since I watched Ordinary People.
  • Kind of enjoyed the fact that Klaus and Elijah are at odds with one another. I knew that Klaus' actions were the exact kind of thing that would drive a wedge between them. I've been hoping for a fracture in their bond for a little while now. Elijah was bound to get tired of standing by Klaus' side when he keeps hurting their family in one way or another with his actions. The fact that Klaus is free of remorse for his actions is only keeping the fracture from repairing. I can't wait to see how long that fracture will last and what will unite them. I think that the possible turf war between the sire lines will either bring them closer together or drive them further apart.
  • Love that Jason Dohring (aka Will Kinney) was in the episode. I'm both happy and worried that he has entered the world of the Originals. Can't wait to see what his character is all about.
  • Want to find out what happened to Lucien between 1002 A.D. Southern France and present-day New Orleans. Why did Klaus decide to let him live? When did Klaus turn him? What happened between him and Aurora? What is he up to in New Orleans? From the moment I saw him, I had a strong feeling that Lucien was involved with Kingmaker Land Development wiping out the wolves, as well as the killings taking place in New Orleans. Two gold stars to me for guessing right on both points. Loved watching the Klaus/Lucien moments. These two guys together is only going to be trouble...and I love it! Great seeing them in the past as well as in the present-day. Can't wait for more interactions between the two of them. Favorite flashback moment for them was the moment where Klaus wondered why Lucien wasn't disturbed about leading the Originals to Lucien's master's home. When he said that he was surrounded by greater evil than the Originals and that he didn't care if they killed them all, I got the sense that that was the moment where he saw that Lucien could be more than a personal servant, that he had potential to be someone he could mentor and shape. Loved these two moments between them. I got a kick out of the first moment, mainly because of the dynamic between them -> "I wouldn't expect you to host an art show without compelling the critic to speak your praise." / "And I wouldn't expect an uncultured savage to crash such a formal affair." As for the second moment, I just love that Lucien knew who the person Klaus was so many centuries ago, and that he needs that guy to help them both survive the turf war. Don't get me wrong. I don't trust Lucien one bit, but I'm interested in finding out what his agenda is.
  • Looking forward to seeing how the remaining three Originals will deal with the growing conflict between their sire lines. Despite what Klaus claimed, Lucien is right. The Originals are divided and are weaker than they have ever been. Given the fact that neither Rebekah or Elijah seem to want to have anything to do to Klaus, it should be interesting to see how it plays out. What will they do to neutralize the threat? Will they be working together or separately?
  • Alexis: Drink deep but beware. What you broke is past repair. All your oaths you betray. Your sacred vows you sever, and now you see that nothing lasts for always and forever. Three yet remain, two already crossed, yet in one year's time, you'll all be lost. As your family is undone, you will see the beast that is to come. Ooh, ominous! I actually got a chill during the scene.
  • Looking forward to seeing what Davina gets up to this season. Her role as regent seems dangerous. Her journey should be quite bumpy. Hope she deals with whatever comes her way.
  • Liked the Cami and Klaus moments. With the people he loves either gone or angry with him, I guess he needs someone to talk to. She seems the clear choice since she has offered to help him work through some of his issues. Liked that he personally invited her to his exhibition, and that he went to talk to her about everything that he had gone through that day. Good moment for them was his gift to her for being there to listen to him. "Keep the gift. I painted it for you."
  • for Klaus going homicidal killer on the critic that didn't like his exhibition. The moment he called his work derivative, I just knew that his days were numbered, but wow, the ferocity with which he went after him -- I didn't expect that.
  • Curious to find out what Aurora is up to. "It won't be long now." -- what does that mean?
Old 10-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

I watched some of the flashbacks and I really liked them. When Elijah first showed up I was hoping we'd get introduced to a cult of older vampires so I'm intrigued by Lucien. Do you think I could skip season 2 and watch season 3? Because I really can't stand Mikael so I have no desire to watch season 2.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes! I want there to be more flashbacks this season, simply because I've always thought that we didn't get to see the original Originals together in TVD. I want to see what they were like together as a group, and what separated them from their siblings (or why Klaus daggered them). Lucien intrigues me too. I love seeing anyone from Klaus' past turning up. I look forward to seeing what role he plays this season, as well as finding out what happened to him between 1002 A.D. and now. I say give it a try, and if you have questions about what's going on, then ask me and I'll let you know. =D
Old 10-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I watched some of the flashbacks and I really liked them. When Elijah first showed up I was hoping we'd get introduced to a cult of older vampires so I'm intrigued by Lucien. Do you think I could skip season 2 and watch season 3? Because I really can't stand Mikael so I have no desire to watch season 2.
unfortunately you have to watch season 2 ..otherwise you wont understand stuff

Mikael is not everywhere...if it helps he gets his ass kicked
meen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread