Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Moderator Manager

The Originals 1x16 "Farewell To Storyville" Episode Discussion {March 11, 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. EST}

The Originals 1x16: "Farewell To Storyville"

March 11th 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: TRAPPED IN THE CITY OF THE DEAD — Despite Klaus’ rage, Elijah is determined to protect Rebekah while the three of them are trapped in the City of the Dead cemetery by a witch’s boundary spell. Klaus and Rebekah trade bitter accusations until Elijah steps in to reveal a long-held secret from the family’s past. Meanwhile, Marcel races to free Rebekah, ultimately finding himself forced to make a deal with Genevieve. Finally, Rebekah and Hayley connect over their shared concern for Hayley’s unborn baby.
Written by: Michael Narducci
PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by rocky845; 07-31-2018 at 10:38 PM
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt. This should be an interesting episode.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah.. I'm curious to see how Rebekah is gonna escape Klaus' wrath
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're stuck there.

Can't wait to see what happens.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Me too... Also, I want to know who is gonna release them from there.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Maybe Genevieve.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah.. I think it will either be Genevieve or Davina trying to get Rebekah out of there for Marcel
Old 03-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Yeah.. I think it will either be Genevieve or Davina trying to get Rebekah out of there for Marcel
I think so too.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I really don't know who I want it to be though
Old 03-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Maybe even Monique.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh yeah... I forgot that Monique and Elijah interacted in the last episode.... The plot thickens
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

BEST episode of the season!! Really brought some tears to my eyes.

I'll start Father Kieran by saying you're cool and all, LOVED that you told Marcel that he was only paying the consequences of his action, but I do hope that the Hex thing is dealt with soon because it's kinda of boring atm.

Camille once again had to mention or someone had to mention it, that she does have a degree in psychology (every single time she appears onscreen that has to be mentioned, I get being proud of your degree and all, but please, everybody already knows it, stop talking about it. Her scenes with Davina were cool...

It's nice that Davina had consequences for her actions too, and didn't come up all dandy like nothing had happened. Being depressed and traumatized is the least we would expect of a recently resurrected girl. And I like that she interacted with Camille other than just with Marcel.

Speaking of the devil... dude, you're lame! First you're all in love with Rebekah, than you want to be king.... Guess Klaus was right and you didn't really love Rebekah since you stayed behind because you wanted the city back (same reason why you didn't go after her way back then). It pisses me off that while he was as much culpable and didn't feel any remorse, Rebekah still took all the blame, defending him and facing the wrath of Klaus.
Like for real? You're going to try to get the kingdom out of the hand of the most powerful guy you know? No wonder people like Father Kieran and Genevieve are bluntly telling you that you lost... PATHETIC. And then being all macho in front of your "people" about facing Klaus that was worth the laugh. Just like Elijah banishing him...

Genevieve.... interesting... but still not enough to be commented apart from I LOVED the way you spoke with Marcel... way to put him in his place

All the flashbacks gave me so many feels.... Klebekah Kelijah Mikael, the kids
I really want to know why Mikael hated Klaus even when he was a poor little boy...
I liked that even as kids Elijah had that protective and yet passive way regarding Klaus.
And it was so cute Kid!Klaus being all big brother to Kid!Rebekah
Then when there was flashback of her standing up against Mikael even though you could see she was terrified and then when we saw that she actually tried to kill Mikael in his sleep.... Damn.... I got all these Klebekah feels and now they won't go away

Can I say that for this was the first time in many consecutive episodes that Elijah didn't annoy me? Quite the contrary, I actually really liked him.

Seriously, pissed off, bend on revenge Klaus is the best and Joseph delivered it like a genius. To me the best expression was when Elijah said he looked like their father... Klaus was hurt and at the same time it was like something clicked in his head.

Just wish that both him and Klaus would stop opening their arms after every line to give a sort of impact to it, it's like: "take your best shot" (open arms); "you're a self-righteous whatever" (open arms); "go on" (open arms); "what defense do you have" (open arms); "deal with me" (open arms).... and those are just the ones that come to mind

It's no secret that I have been hating on Rebekah since we found out about her plan to bring Mikael to NOLA way back in 1919, but this episode,even though the writers have already screwed up with her, managed to do some control management and make us care about her again. Too bad that now that we're back at caring about her, she is gone.
Kudos to Claire, because she was phenomenal in her scenes....
I cannot believe that Claire has left the cast of TO... Do they really think that Hayley is a good enough character to be the female lead of the show?
I remember that someone mentioned before the show started that there were too many female regulars on the show... well, JP fixed that problem by getting rid of 2, just don't know if it was the clever choice there (and by that I actually do mean that for Rebekah it's the worst choice ever).

I really will miss Rebekah since she was one of my favorites... but way to go Claire! I think it was the best decision, since the writers were destroying the character.... I'd rather have no Rebekah in the show than being resentful of her.
All the best to Claire and I really hope she gets a new and better gig SOON.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

^Great review!

So I saw that Claire left the show hours before I watched and I went into this episode depressed

So many Klebekah feels I loved seeing them as kids and I'm glad they somewhat redeemed Rebekah. The last scene of her driving away made me smile. All she ever wanted was happiness. Maybe she'll get. I still don't understand why they had to destroy her character to get her to leave. They could have come up with something else.

Marcel is the most pathetic piece of crap and I hope he's next on JP's hit list.

Oh my word I also hate the arms thing especially with Elijah. I've never really been an Elijah fan because of his theatrics. It's like he's always putting on a show and it comes across as pretentious. I was actually really surprised when I realized he was so popular on TVD though I have to agree the last two episodes he's been much better and I'm actually enjoying him.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Off to watch the ep. I will be back after.

ETA: Finished it, but wuuuuut? I didn't know Claire was leaving the show.

I really don't feel like writing a review right now...

Last edited by *Stephie*; 03-12-2014 at 11:58 AM
Old 03-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Moderator Manager

^ awwww Stephie

I'm sad too.... It definitely is not The Originals without REbekah in it...
Hope you decide to write a review later... I'm curious to see what you think of the episode
Reply   Post New Thread