New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

The Originals 1x10 "The Casket Girls" Episode Discussion {January 14, 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. EST}

The Originals 1x10: "The Casket Girls"

January 14th 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: TAKING BACK POWER — As the French Quarter prepares for its annual celebration of the Casket Girls Festival, Cami (Leah Pipes) suffers through as Davina (Danielle Campbell) attempts to free her of Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) mind compulsion. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) form an unlikely alliance as Klaus sets his plan in motion to get Davina back. Once it’s known that Davina is missing, Sophie (Daniella Pineda) gets in on the hunt to track her down. Meanwhile, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is forced to make a tough decision after receiving an unexpected phone call, and Rebekah (Claire Holt) sets her own plan in motion when she enlists the help of someone from Marcel’s past.
Directed by: Jesse Warn
Written by: Charlie Charbonneau and Michelle Paradise.

PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by rocky845; 07-31-2018 at 11:18 PM
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Aku Cinta Kamu

TFTNT

Tomorrow
Old 01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

Finally!!! I can't wait!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

My thoughts on the episode.... a bit late as per usual, but I only got to watch it now.
I liked the episode... it wasn't the best ever, but it sure had its moments

I'll start with Rebekah, finally an episode of TO since she arrived that reminded me why I liked her so much. Granted, all she did was more in spite of being dumped, but still, it's good that she can actually use her head from time to time to think about something other than a guy. She is trying to gather allies, and to me that's the first smart move she has made. Loved that she is the one that Davina choose to side with.

And speaking of Davina, the girl just became my hero!!! She said exactly I've been saying since the show started. I loved that she stood up for herself and said her mind to all of those that lied/manipulated her. I'm really sorry about Tim and she really broke my heart when she saw his body Kuddos to Danielle, also her tendency to pout during scenes is diminishing which is great.

Josh..... Let me LOVE you!! He is cute, adorable, loyal and has a humor that is not exaggerated. His friendship with Davina is probably the best interaction between characters in the whole show.

In my opinion, Leah is one of the best actress of the cast, her character is just bad written. I really liked her scenes up until she met Klaus in the end, because honestly it's laughable the notion that a simple human would threat any vampire, let alone the Original Hybrid But all her emotions while remembering everything and her reaction to her uncle, was really well done!

As for Elijah, clever to make a small alliance with Marcel, but still, you need a SL of your own that doesn't revolve around protecting girls. Also, I have to say this because Davina saying to him that he is an hypocrite made my day, I love the man, but he has been way too judgegmental lately, you're not a saint, you just have a little bit more moral than Klaus, so get off your high horse.

Nothing really important with Marcel, but I liked that he blackmailed Sabine into making a protection spell for Davina. Also, apart from his lies to her, I do hope that sometime in the future his relationship with Davina gets mended... I think he genuinely cares about her.

This will come as a shock for those who know me, but I didn't hate Hayley in this episode. It's what I said before, what bothered me is the whole "I'm an innocent victim that can judge others because I am a freaking angel" attitude, if the writers hadn't decide to go down that path and kept her as the "selfish, backstabbing, only looking after her own goals" girl I could come to warm up to her. And that's what we got in the episode, she saw something that would benefit her (again being pathetic about her family without knowing why they abandom her, but that's a matter to be discussed later) and doublecrossed people, namely Elijah who so far was the only one in her corner (kinda like Tyler I may add). To me that's keeping her in character, so no complains about that on my end.

Klaus is AMAZING. And the whole hurting kids in the process and all, that's totally him. It's not a child's play anymore, the show is about being darker and more adult, so when a powerful witch that can potentially be his strongest enemy is about to cause trouble, you kill her, you don't try to fix it and leave an opportunity for it to bite you in the ass later (and this comes from a person that LOVES Davina and was really sad that Tim died). Now everybody judging him because of that?!! Please! HYPOCRITES!! Klaus is the smart one of the bunch.

Sophie is back. It was good to see that she had accepted defeat, explains why she's been MIA in the past few episodes... but at the rise of the opportunity she got back on her feet. Hopefully she'll stop being useless from now on.

Father Kieran... wanted you to have more scenes.

Looking forward to see Thierry again, hopefully fully on Rebekah's side (the girl really needs a good friend)

I'm so glad that Sabine didn't die on the church, because since the promo I was worried about that.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Aku Cinta Kamu

I am going to watch this tomorrow I can't wait
Old 01-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

Ohhh I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it
Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Aku Cinta Kamu

I am watching it in a bit and will post my thoughts tonight when I get home
Old 01-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

Ohh I'm curious.... opinions on the episode seem to be a bit over the place some people loved and some not so much.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Aku Cinta Kamu

I enjoyed it! This episode was all about girl power and Rebekah getting Cami and Davina on side! I loved the scene at the end with Theirry

I hated seeing Klaus tortured by Davina!

I always justify Klaus as he is the best character and I can't help but love him even though he poisoned Davina and Timothy! I felt sad for him when they walked away and he was left on his own!

I'm sorry but Cami threatening Klaus that made me laugh
Old 01-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

I'm glad you liked it!!

Also, it finally seems like Rebekah will get allies and a decent SL!! So yay for that!! I really want to see her and Thierry team up.

I felt really sorry for Tim and Davina, but Klaus is super smart!!! It was a great idea.

And yeah, Cami was going so well, until that threaten.... pointless
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Aku Cinta Kamu

I am so glad that finally she will get a decent SL that doesn't centre around a love interest!

It was a smart idea Klaus always covers all areas
Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

I think from now I'll get back to like Rebekah... because so far, she was a total fail!!

I like how in the end Klaus always has a master plan
Old 01-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Aku Cinta Kamu

People doubt him but they should know by now that he always has a plan
Old 01-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Fan Art
Kit Harington

Exactly! It's like, there is a reason he outsmarted Mikael for all those reasons, so it's really naive to think that Klaus doesn't have a contigency plan
Old 01-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Aku Cinta Kamu

They just like to think the worst that he will always go to violence and death first but he tried talking to her and reasoning but she was the one who tortured him, Marcel and Elijah so it only makes sense he had a back up plan!

Cami threatening Klaus was ridiculous she is no threat to him!

Fan reaction video to this episode