Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Moderator Manager

To me the whole baby thing in a fantasy show is pathetic.... I HATE it, have always hated it, and the fact that it's the big plot of the show just makes me hate it even more

I'm a hateful bitter person regarding TO
Old 05-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

I don't know how any writer could think that a baby in a show like this, with Klaus as father would ever work.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Well, I read interviews and all, and honestly it doesn't work for some, but like I always said, some fans are really liking it

Another Joseph Interview
Quote:
Exclusive ‘The Originals’ Interview: Joseph Morgan Teases a Killer Finale and More
There are just two episodes left in The Originals freshman season and the vampires, werewolves and witches are preparing for an epic battle over who gets control of New Orleans. At the center of all the action is Klaus, the hybrid/original played by series star Joseph Morgan. Morgan recently chatted with TV Equals about how much Klaus has changed, the upcoming battle and why fans should brace themselves for a killer finale.

An all-new episode of The Originals airs tonight, Tuesday May 6th at 8/7c on The CW.

TV Equals: You have taken Klaus on such a fascinating journey. You started out as the big bad on The Vampire Diaries and then you became a regular over there and now you are carrying your own series. How do you feel Klaus has evolved since we first met him?

Joseph Morgan: That’s a good question. He has massively changed, and I think as we have seen more and more of his character, we have gotten to see what drives him and learn more about his past and why he is the way he is. You know the dysfunctional childhood and the complicated relationship with his parents and subsequently his siblings.

I think the one thing I can say if I can narrow the parameters a little bit more is that the biggest thing that has changed for him is his idea of family and his response to that. He was casting his own family into coffins and now he is living in the compound with Elijah and Hayley, his baby mama, waiting for the birth of his child. I think that is the biggest thing; he has grown emotionally over the course of season one of The Originals and tried to come terms with the idea of being a father, tried to deal with his past, and having a father and what that particular father he had did to him. It’s that idea of family and those ideas strengthened by the fact that Elijah has had time with Klaus and a lot of influence over him in the last season. I think that has been the biggest thing for him.

They weren’t lying when they said the show is all about family. It was the main thing we clung to in the beginning that separated us from our mothership show, The Vampire Diaries, but it has really become the core of our show.

TV Equals: It was such a shocker when Mikael (Sebastian Roche) returned in the last episode. Can you tease anything about what is coming up with him?

Joseph Morgan: First of all, everyone is always glad to see Sebastian because he’s so vivacious and funny and vibrant and happy, so it’s lovely to be on the set and you’re like, “Mikael’s back, it’s going to be awesome!”

He still has to acquire an actual body and be brought back in some shape or form to do any serious damage, I think. But right now the threat of him is enough. I think there is an emotional fear for Klaus. He, I believe, regresses to a childlike state when he is around Mikael, like he is a kid being told off by his dad. Even though he may be more powerful now and physically could overpower his father, I think emotionally he feels powerless. It is a big fear. Mikael is the demon who was hunting him for hundreds of years.

TV Equals: We know how strongly Klaus feels about his child. How does he feel about Hayley, and Elijah’s connection to her?

Joseph Morgan: I don’t think he is aware of how strong the connection is between the two of them. I mean, he gets the gist of it. He doesn’t know how far it has gone now. Klaus has always been very possessive of his siblings and their love and affection. I think there is certainly a threat in his mind as to who is the father of this child? Is he going to be pushed out of the picture and they are going to live as one happy family without him? Possibly, they would be better off without him, truth be told, so I think he is going to be very threatened by that and possibly betrayed.

TV Equals: The title of the finale is “From the Cradle to the Grave;” it sounds very ominous. Should we be worried about Hayley and the baby?

Joseph Morgan: Yeah, both of them. You should be really worried about them, and other characters as well. I mean, not everyone is going to make it. It doesn’t have a happy ending for everybody. There are a lot of people who want a lot of other people dead, so someone is going to get their way.

TV Equals: There is a big battle coming up, so are we finally going to see Klaus and Marcel go head to head for real this time?

Joseph Morgan: They are certainly going to share the same space and yeah, they are going to have a go at each other, I’ll say that much.

The battle continues though in the finale, it’s like one long episode, 21 and 22. It’s a huge sequence of events that will start this week and end the week after. It is continuous and it is certainly far bigger than just Klaus and Marcel, all factions are involved and everyone has their goals and is willing to stop at nothing to get them. It’s all going to come to a head.

TV Equals: What are your hopes for season two?

Joseph Morgan: I would like to see more of Marcel in the series in general. I think Charles [Michael Davis] is a wonderful actor and he’s got a great character. I think we really nailed the witches halfway through season one when we introduced Papa Tunde, Genevieve and Bastiana all together with Sabine– that is the way we need to move forward with them. They were really, really frightening the four of them stepping out of the graveyard and onto the street. I would love to see more of that element, that sort of voodoo, brought to the show.

I think Papa Tunde is due to return at some point because he was a force to be reckoned with. And in general, I would like to see more elements of family in the show. That has been the core since the beginning and I don’t think it would be a bad thing if another family was introduced to rival the Mikaelsons. I just hope we continue to attract the same the level of actors, it has really been a privilege this season working with so many good people who make so many interesting choices. And I hope we continue to get the kind of fan support we’ve had.
x

I'll say it again... Joseph is professional and he would never badmouth his own show, but he does seem to think the show is working, so maybe we are the delusional ones
I'm still trying to figure out where the hell the "this show is about family" thing that they keep repeating
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

^ Some fans being the key. I feel like most still hate it and don't know how it could work.

IDK, he seems excited about the finale, but I still think his excitement has decreased. He was a lot more cheery back in TVD and on the beginning of TO.
That's what they've been trying to sell from the beginning, just not through the show apparently.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Moderator Manager

I think we're in for a surprise.... the show might not be a hit, but I think it will beat the odds and it will get a season 3.... the rage from Rebekah's absence has diminished and like I said, we never really know how big the "some fans" are.... usually the bitching about how bad it is comes from the same people... I think at this moment is probably 50/50
Old 05-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

^ Well, I hope it doesn't get a season 3. I love Joseph and all, but I can't stomach this crap.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Moderator Manager

You and me both girl.....
Old 05-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

I wish he'd get a job in another network.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Again... you and me both girl!!!! It's about time he ditches JP and CW for good...
Although I am afraid that he might ended up like one of those actor who will never really get anything outside of CW
Old 05-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

CW seems to love him, so I think that might happen.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Exactly... I think that depending on what he has planned for his career, he could be stuck on CW for a long time
Old 05-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Well, if they offer him stable jobs, then good for him. And bad for us who want to stay CW free.

» Bella
Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah... but I still hope he manages to cut ties with CW after TO... He deserves better
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

I hope so too, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm rooting for the best for him regardless.

» Bella
Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Me too....Like I said, I think he'll be stuck in CW for a bit longer because of TO... after that I hope he gets something else
Closed Thread   Post New Thread