Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I just copied the synopsis from goodreads.com, I didn't want to ruin anything by me trying to explain it... because I would probably give something away.

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Four: A Divergent Collection
Fans of the Divergent series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth will be thrilled by Four: A Divergent Collection, a companion volume that includes four pre-Divergent stories told from Tobias's point of view.

Readers first encountered Tobias as "Four" in Divergent. His voice is an integral part of Allegiant. Readers will find more of this charismatic character's backstory told from his own perspective in Four: A Divergent Collection. When read together, these ...
See more details below

Source: Barnes and Noble
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRenee (View Post)
I just copied the synopsis from goodreads.com, I didn't want to ruin anything by me trying to explain it... because I would probably give something away.

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Thanks!! It does sound familiar actually. Is it worth checking out? I can add it to my list! haha.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRenee (View Post)

some of the books are painful emotionally and physically [the punishment parts of the books]
Old 03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Well, Joseph tweeted about another book....

Patient Zero - A Joe Ledger
When you have to kill the same terrorist twice in one week, there’s either something wrong with your world or something wrong with your skills... and there’s nothing wrong with Joe Ledger’s skills. Ledger, a Baltimore detective assigned to a counterterrorism task force, is recruited by the government to lead a new ultrasecret rapid-response group called the Department of Military Sciences (DMS) to help stop a group of terrorists from releasing a dreadful bio-weapon that can turn ordinary people into zombies.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Si! Love his book tweets!

I'm going to go on a book buying binge tonight, I might add one of Joseph's recs to my list... possibly that Shining Girls one.

Thank goodness for gift cards!

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Moderator Manager

I LOVE buying new books!!! Hope you get some really interesting ones!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

I hope so too! I just ordered 8 of them. Happily blew the rest of my gift cards! I'm excited for them to arrive!!

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 03-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohhh I really need to get back at reading....
8 new books is AWESOME!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

I still have a couple on my shelf that I haven't read, but thats okay.

I'm about halfway through I Am Malala right now. Has anyone else read it?

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Best series ever:

The Kathleen Turner Series by Tiffany Snow

Read them!!!!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Love the list!! Thanks Si!

A couple of recs from me:

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
I Was Told There Would Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
Anything from the Oz Series by Gregory Maguire.
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm updating it rn!!!
In the next thread I'll put this post right after the OP
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Si!

I love the list we've got going.

#bookrevolution