Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
And when/how did that happen?
I truly can't remember. I'll probably have to see some of my old post or something. lol

So, it probably was more of a Bonnie/Kat and me disliking TVD thing more than anyone else. I guess I felt that anyone that the fans wanted Bonnie with, the TVD rejected or paired with someone else.

Matt/Bonnie - I did not want to happen but in the books, they sort of did happen and Zach eventually said who did he have to talk with to make it happen. But of course Matt/Caroline happened and of course Matt/Elena as usual happened as in the books and show.

Tyler/Bonnie - I DID not want to happen but during season 1 a lot of fans wanted it to happen because of the real life friendship between Michael and Kat, (and they felt that would prevent Bamon. ) and they barely shared scenes. I personally do not care since I wasn't for the ship but just posting the pattern.

Damon/Bonnie - Where do I begin? Of course most of the fans wanted Bamon because of the books, so coming into the show, fans wanted that... I even shipped them before the first episode and than they made Elena steal Bonnie's book storyline. WHICH I am actually thankful for since I sort of prefer the way Bonnie is towards Damon Vs how Bonnie is towards Damon in the books. In the books, Bonnie forgave everything that Damon did, even the worst sht, and it was Elena who told Bonnie to cut him loose and how bad of a vamp he was.... TVD switched them.
Which is why it's a bit shocking how I didn't ship Delena on the show.....
I think probably the triangle was a huge reason why. And I guess Elena fell out of my favorite character list early in season 1 so... Year........

Klaus/Bonnie - For some reason fans sort of wanted it before it happened because of the chemistry and of course the actors Kat and Joseph kept talking about it... and than Klaronie happened. Like what, how, when? So the fans were petitionally for Kluas/Bonnie to date but Klaronie came out of no where... huh? What sense did that make (at the time. )

Kol/Bonnie - Actors wanted it, fans wanted it, it was really one of the top ships that never happened and Julie Plec, FINALLY responded to the fans in this tweet...

And Julie Plec showed her true colors and I showed mine be quitting TVD again.
So, explain this to me. Bonnie can be cool with the Salvatore brothers who ruined her life a lot of times but couldn't be cool with an Original who really didn't do much to ruin her life...
I mean at that point Kol/Bonnie didn't interact. Kol didn't do anything bad to Kol, so why couldn't Bonnie be cool with him?

Oh and this conversation that you probably do not about...

Sorry for the long post but I had to post that to show you will I will always have a resentment towards TVD... well especially Julie Plec. And I know some people think it was because Kat Graham was really the only woman of color on TVD... I never went that far but gotta be honest, sometimes you do have to wonder with the pathetic treatment her character Bonnie recieved.
If this was ANY other show, Bamon would have happened.....

Those tweets were so pathetic and just stupid because by saying that, WTF does that make Caroline and Elena than? Elena ended up with the guy who tried to kill her brother multiple times. And Caroline have a great friendship with Klaus, and he wasn't always great to her.

OHHHH and to make matters worst, to STOP Bamon fans from talking, they FINALLY paired Bonnie with a vampire in Enzo.
And as a slap in Kennett fans, had Kol end up with a witch and Bonnie with a vampire....... so.... uh.... yeah.

I'm a Bonnie stan first and the horrible treatment from the showrunners up top straight up disgusted me.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

That's a whole lot of information there. I can see why you didn't appreciate the way Bonnie was treated. Klaus/Bonnie could have been interesting. I wish TPTB had given them a shot, especially since viewers wanted it and both Joseph and Kat talked about the potential. I must admit that I kind of love that the two characters started off on the wrong foot. The amount of hate and animosity that Bonnie had for Klaus was full of fire. I would have loved to have found out if that fire would have been a slow burn or an inferno.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^

That's a whole lot of information there. I can see why you didn't appreciate the way Bonnie was treated. Klaus/Bonnie could have been interesting. I wish TPTB had given them a shot, especially since viewers wanted it and both Joseph and Kat talked about the potential. I must admit that I kind of love that the two characters started off on the wrong foot. The amount of hate and animosity that Bonnie had for Klaus was full of fire. I would have loved to have found out if that fire would have been a slow burn or an inferno.
Haha. Well I posted a lot more than what I intended. lololol Of course when it comes to Bonnie, I can go on long rants. lol
I think like you, the Kol/Bonnie thing is still a bit more upsetting to me because I really do not understand why it couldn't happen. Oh.. well I know why, Julie Plec was in charge. But really don't get why it couldn't.

Klaus/Bonnie... I think a friendship would've been good.... and man how I would've loved Bonnie just being Team Klaus for a season because it's not like her friends were that great of friends to her. So, I would have 100% approved... like I loved when Bonnie told Klaus that she's tired of getting pushed around from everyone.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know how that is. I have a tendency to have novel-length posts, and I love reading long posts too. Please feel free to post about Bonnie as much as you want.

I knew that there was little chance that a Kol/Bonnie relationship would actually play out on the show...but I still hoped for it. I'm just glad that I didn't set my expectations too high.

I would have loved any and all Klaus/Bonnie interactions. Bonnie being Team Klaus for a while would have been an interesting choice. I would have been all for it.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I know. I wanted Bonnie on Team Klaus just because I disliked a lot of her friendships so much.
So, I felt with GREAT writing, it would have made a lot of sense.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMFG I love you Tia but totally don't have the time to read all that now
Old 10-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ I know. I wanted Bonnie on Team Klaus just because I disliked a lot of her friendships so much.
So, I felt with GREAT writing, it would have made a lot of sense.
It's only now that the show is over that I'm thinking about the what ifs. I think a lot of things could have made sense if TPTB had thought the way that we do. I mean, fanfiction writers take the same characters and they write these amazing in-character stories that blow me away. It was definitely possible for TPTB to write a Klaus/Bonnie team-up that would have worked.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea considering how many times she works with people that she may not agree with - look at Katherine
Old 10-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Exactly! Anything was possible. I think pairing Klaus and Bonnie together could have been brought out a different side to both of them. It's always going to be an intriguing thought.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Yea considering how many times she works with people that she may not agree with - look at Katherine
I think LOOK AT THE Salvatore's.
I think they have done more harm to Bonnie's life than good and she continually worked with them.

Klaus only went after Bonnie cause she came after him......................
Old 11-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Whoa! That's so true. Clearly Bonnie was able to work/align with people who had a negative impact on her life.

That was quite a fight between them.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea look at Damon = Bamon
Old 11-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Exactly! I sometimes imagine that Damon would have been very much like Klaus if he had been immortal for a thousand years. Bonnie was able to handle herself with Damon...so why couldn't she have handled herself with Klaus?
Old 11-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly Bonnie was one of Damon's best friends
Old 11-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ But Damon wasn't the big bad like Klaus was, and Damon and Bonnie were constantly being thrown together, so of course it was perfectly fine for Damon to be friends with Bonnie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread