Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What did you think of Cami as the angel on Klaus' shoulder to Mikael's devil? She encouraged him to keep fighting Mikael's influence.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Rocky!

I liked it; I was glad she was in it at all. However, I was really disappointed that was all there was to her appearance, basically a hallucination. I really thought we might see her reunite with Klaus in the afterlife. They made a point of making Declan her cousin, and yet I don't think Klaus ever found out about that. They mentioned her a few times this season too, but not much came of it. I didn't think Caroline was going to be on it as much as she was. Klaroline fans actually got quite a few nice scenes and some romance too. Ironically, some are still upset that they didn't end up together, that Klaus died. At least they got those scenes, however! I'm glad for them, but I can't help but feel cheated, considering how much Cami meant to him. There's a Klaroline deleted scene too, where he tells Caroline about meeting a "woman when he first came to New Orleans" but the emphasis seems to be on Klaroline too IMO (and it doesn't help that some Klaroline shippers are saying "See! Cami was just a substitute for Caroline!"
Old 08-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I d it where it made perfect sense having her as the angel of his shoulder
Old 08-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^It did make sense. I loved that.

I was disappointed we didn't see Klaus reunited with Cami in the afterlife, but I was very glad she was back in this episode. I didn't mind the Klaroline scenes too much. I think it was put in for those shippers and I'm glad they had something, although I don't see it as a romantic pairing. I think their friendship was cemented in those episodes and they got the closure they needed.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
Hi Rocky!

I liked it; I was glad she was in it at all. However, I was really disappointed that was all there was to her appearance, basically a hallucination. I really thought we might see her reunite with Klaus in the afterlife. They made a point of making Declan her cousin, and yet I don't think Klaus ever found out about that. They mentioned her a few times this season too, but not much came of it. I didn't think Caroline was going to be on it as much as she was. Klaroline fans actually got quite a few nice scenes and some romance too. Ironically, some are still upset that they didn't end up together, that Klaus died. At least they got those scenes, however! I'm glad for them, but I can't help but feel cheated, considering how much Cami meant to him. There's a Klaroline deleted scene too, where he tells Caroline about meeting a "woman when he first came to New Orleans" but the emphasis seems to be on Klaroline too IMO (and it doesn't help that some Klaroline shippers are saying "See! Cami was just a substitute for Caroline!"
I knew she was going to be in the episode. I just didn't think it was going to be such a brief appearance. Seeing them reunite in the afterlife would have been a nice moment. I'm surprised TPTB didn't show it. I'm not sure if Klaus knew about Declan's connection to Cami. I think he might have found out the truth at some point. I actually liked the Cami mentions throughout the season. It seemed like TPTB were saying that she may have been gone but she wasn't forgotten. I totally get how you're feeling. I thought Klaus and Cami would have more more of a presence in the series finale. It is disappointing. =( I took that mention in the deleted scene as Klaus acknowledging that he does have a type. Both Cami and Caroline had a connection with Klaus, and that moment was just an acknowledgement of that. The important thing to hold on to is that she was still in his heart and mind in some of his final moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
I d it where it made perfect sense having her as the angel of his shoulder
It did! It was clear from the very beginning that Cami was the angel on his shoulder. It seemed appropriate that once again she played that role for him.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Rocky! I like the angel on the shoulder bit, it honors the good influence she had on him, I just would have liked if they had referenced their romantic love as well. I had a similar problem with her prior appearance as a hallucination in Season 4. A casual viewer might just mistake her for his therapist/friend and not realize how close they were, EXCEPT when Klaus speaks her name from the bottom of his soul and says "I miss you!" That really gave me the feels.

We have to fill in with our imagination...this video helps!

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 08-09-2018 at 05:58 PM Reason: add link
Old 08-10-2018, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Right? It was the perfect way to feature her in the series finale...even though it was all too brief. It seemed like there wasn't enough time to fit in everything that could *cough*should*cough* have been in the series finale. I would have wanted a proper mention of what they meant to each other. I see your point about what that brief appearance could have said about their relationship, that it looked more like she was his therapist/friend than someone that he loved.

Ooh, video! I'm going to watch it tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do see that the romantic side of it was sidelined. In my head though the fact she was there being his good influence said so much. My head-canon is he does meet her again in the afterlife even if we never got to see it.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh your icon Claire
Old 08-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I do see that the romantic side of it was sidelined. In my head though the fact she was there being his good influence said so much. My head-canon is he does meet her again in the afterlife even if we never got to see it.
I think that there was just so much going on in the episode that TPTB didn't have the time to pack in everything that they could have. Maybe there will be deleted scenes that pop up on the DVDs. I'm just glad TPTB made it a point to show the bond between them, even though it was really a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of moment. That's definitely a good headcanon to have. I can see it too.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Sarah!

Maybe so, but it seems to me they intended to end it at that point, so deleted scenes are unlikely to have afterlife moments, but in a way it was a good ending with them fading away. It leaves the rest up to the audiences imagination.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh. That is very possible. So I guess we'll have to rely on our headcanons then. I'm kind of hoping there is at least one deleted scene from the series finale. Their reunion in the afterlife may be too much to hope for, but maybe they had another moment that didn't make it into the episode. I think it was a good ending for them too. Now they're both at peace, and like you said, we can imagine our own reunion scene.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel the same that it was intended to end that way hopefully deleted scenes are gonna come out of "afterlife:
Old 08-19-2018, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Any scene will be welcome. I really thought that Cami would have more of a presence in the series finale...and I was disappointed when she only made a brief appearance. =(
Old 08-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt the same that felt her presence would have been greater but I'm not upset with what we got I really did like it and she certainly looked like an where loved her outfit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread