Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I always liked damon since season 1 I always tend to love the bad boys, which is probably why I loved klaus right off too.
Beautifulsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Moderator Manager
Adventure is worthwhile

I like Damon more when he is a bad boy rather than being all well behaved Same applies to Klaus
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It's all about their default settings. While I've enjoyed those moments where Klaus has shown his human side, I've just loved it just a little bit more when he and Damon have acted like bad boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulsky (View Post)
I always liked damon since season 1 I always tend to love the bad boys, which is probably why I loved klaus right off too.
I find it interesting that I wasn't drawn to Damon, even though my decision to watch TVD was heavily influenced by Ian being on the show. Joseph's portrayal of Klaus made me connect to him instantly, so it didn't take much to make me a fan of his. =p
Icon credit ordinary
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Moderator Manager
Adventure is worthwhile

Damon is very hypocrite when he is acting all good... so I just don't find those moments interesting.
As for Klaus his soft moments used to be good because it wasn't exaggerated and it didn't happen often (have in mind that I haven't currently watched his show, so I have no idea if he hasn't turned into a saint by now)

Acting wise, Joseph pretty much is the best out of the whole cast (both TVD and TO) so probably why we really felt draw to him when he first showed up
Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can you expand on that? How is Damon a hypocrite when he's acting good?

I have season one on VHS ( man, I feel old ), so I'm going to watch it to see what I think of Damon in those early days. I'm just curious to see whether my impression of him has changed after the first impression.

I'm going to go with 'no' on the question on whether Klaus is a saint....but I'm not sure about that right now. I'll let you know what season two Klaus is like. Count on it. I liked that his human moments were few and far between. I think the fact that there is now a full focus on his character on TO has switched that up though. I remember thinking that season one had a few too many softer moments. I wanted them to dial it back a little.

The man is absolute genius. Only he could have made me actually root for Klaus. From the way they kept describing the character for most of season two, I was actually expecting a 'middle-aged' man. That's a true story. Imagine my joy when he arrived on the scene and he looked like the devil with the face of an angel.
Icon credit ordinary
Old 08-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Moderator Manager
Adventure is worthwhile

More than the fact that he is all talk "you're not killing someone" unless it's convenient to him and then he starts with "I do the dirty work" act? Or the fact that he killed Jeremy or Alaric when he get upset but since they keep coming back to life he still acts like the big hero of the day? Or everything that he did with Caroline he still jokes about it with Stefan by saying that what Stefan did to her was worse in that road trip during Thanksgiving this last season?!

I don't even talk about being old, considering I still have Buffy in VHS

You don't need to tell me, I really don't care about anything TO as far as I'm concerned Klaus only existed in MF, everything in NOLA is just AU.
Honestly Klaus was a whining cry baby in season 1 it was pathetic how much he cried and was all soft.

He was perfect cast to play Klaus!!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everything you mentioned is spot-on. I think those reasons may all be on my list of why I haven't ever really connected to Damon. Right now, it's the general feeling that I either didn't like him much or I was indifferent. I really need a second look one day soon. Maybe I'll give it a go next summer.

I have more VHSs than DVDs. That should tell you something.

Okay. I get it. I still believe that season two must have been better than season one. I'm going to find out one way or another soon.

I didn't like that at all. He has survived so much and managed to keep his emotions in check. Season one didn't show that. That disappointed me.

Icon credit ordinary
Old 08-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Moderator Manager
Adventure is worthwhile

I don't have that many VHS anymore... I still got my Buffy and Angel ones, and some Disney movies, and that's it

Yeah, I couldn't help but feel like season 1 had made Klaus very OOC
Old 02-16-2016, 12:30 PM
The True Queen

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you.

I miss the dynamic between these two guys. The title is spot-on. They didn't have enough scenes together. What are the chances that they will cross paths in next week's episodes? At this point, I'll even settle for a mention, like when Klaus revealed that Damon told him about Katherine's impending demise in 500 Years of Solitude.
Icon credit ordinary
Old 11-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss their dynamic too!!
Old 11-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I want it! I would love it if Klaus were to drop by Mystic Falls and see what has become of it. It would be interesting for it to happen now, when Damon is enthralled by Sybil. I would love to see Klaus' reaction to the change in Damon.
Icon credit ordinary
Old 11-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^That would be great to see!!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Would you want him to help Damon get back to the guy he used to be, or would you want him to join him as a partner-in-crime?
Icon credit ordinary
Old 11-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

While I love Evil!Klaus, I think helping getting him back to the man he used to be because it shows character development and could keep in Caroline's good graces

How about you?