Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

The director and the guys who worked on the screenplay are pretty unknown, too. That doesn't automatically mean they aren't capable, but...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
The director and the guys who worked on the screenplay are pretty unknown, too. That doesn't automatically mean they aren't capable, but...
I think I understand were you are going at
Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the add Fran! I love the art! So cute! So many Thors!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just don't really feel it after reading the plot and watching the trailer... it is probably better though

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

The trailer didn't do much for me, either. That's why I would feel more optimistic if at least the people involved with writing and directing had a better resume.
Basically - I'll wait for the DVD to come out, I'm too cheap to go to the theater for this.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it didn't do much for me either though I do like some of the cast.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I'm gonna wait for the dvd too

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was going straight to dvd given the bts problems.... ooops .
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Perhaps the people involved with the movie did consider the straight to DVD route, but then thought it might be worth a try to capitalize on the fame Chris and Josh Hutcherson reached after The Avengers and The Hunger Games.

Entertainment Weekly is having some kind of 'Superhero Showdown' poll contest, and Thor is featured in the current round, again Superman:
Quote:

Name: Thor

Origin Story: Raised among the Norse pantheon in the realm of Asgard, Thor was the egotistical eldest son of Allfather Odin. He was punished to walk the earth in human form to learn humility, and frequently moves back and forth between Earth and more cosmic planes of existence.

Costume: A brightly-colored Asgardian warrior’s uniform, with a red cape and an essential winged helmet. Lately, Thor has also taken to ornamenting himself with chainmail, possibly because the whole “Inexplicable Circles” look was, well, inexplicable.

Coolest Power/Ability: Thor wields the hammer Mjolnir, which grants him the incredible ability to control the weather, along with the incredible ability to throw a hammer in your face.

Defining Stories: Walt Simonson’s run on the character in the ’80s is the unquestionable high point for the character. Simonson could do epic fantasy (“The Surtur Saga”), cosmic space opera (the three-issue arc which introduced Beta Ray Bill) and semi-comedic fairy tale (the wonderful “Thor Turns Into a Frog” story).

Cultural legacy: Until recently, Thor seemed like one of those comic book characters who would never cross over into the mainstream. He was too weird, too particular, too much a combination of seemingly disparate genre tropes. And then the Thor movie grossed $450 million worldwide. And then Thor’s main nemesis, Loki, was the Big Bad in The Avengers, currently the third highest-grossing movie ever. With the Thor sequel promising to dive deeper into the character’s extensive mythology, we could be living at the dawn of a mainstream Thor renaissance.

An Important Aside About Thor’s Place in the Bracket: We realize that Thor could just as easily be considered a “Supernatural Entity” as an “Alien,” but the most consistent interpretation of the character states that the Asgardians are extra-dimensional beings who occupy a realm where “magic” is a rough analogue to science…which, for the purposes of this tournament, seems to put Thor in the “Alien” class. This might also just be because Thor frequently flies through space, which seems to classify him as a character from science-fiction rather than the fantasy-oriented Spawn or Hellboy. But if you really think Thor is misplaced here, than vote him through the final round and make the point moot.

—Darren Franich
He is currectly losing, so if you want to help him out, go vote:
Superman vs. Thor! Spider-Man vs. Hulk! | PopWatch | EW.com

BTW, I had no idea a story about Thor turning into a frog even existed. Now I have to find it, for research purposes.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Voted for Thor

Quote:
Coolest Power/Ability: Thor wields the hammer Mjolnir, which grants him the incredible ability to control the weather, along with the incredible ability to throw a hammer in your face.
Don't know why, but I laughed at this so hard

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

OI!! Well of course Thor has no chance against Superman. He's only up against the most popular/well known comic book character in the world!! I still voted for bb Thor though!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Perhaps the people involved with the movie did consider the straight to DVD route, but then thought it might be worth a try to capitalize on the fame Chris and Josh Hutcherson reached after The Avengers and The Hunger Games.
I can seem them using that thought process but having looked around about it, it looks like it's gonna bomb in the cinemas. Bringing it out straight to dvd wouldn't hurt. Fans of theirs are still going to watch it.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Voted for Thor. He's my favorite superhero

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I voted for Thor & Peter .
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top