Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

The movie has made $671,425,429 worldwide so far. I'm guessing it won't be long until it surpasses Homecoming.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's cool. It's a better movie for sure.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok...0-million/amp/

I wonder that too. This weekend I will see it for the 3rd time.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I finally saw the movie yesterday, I really enjoyed it!

Steph | tumblr
Crumps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to see the box office is reflected in the quality of the movie.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Total Fan

Disappointed how one-dimensional Hela ended up being, I was sooooo looking forward to seeing Cate play a multifaceted antagonist you could kinda like and root for, like Loki in the first Thor and Avengers. But every time it looked like they were going to develop her motivation or show a more vulnerable side of Hela, like her feelings of being betrayed and abandoned by her father, they just stopped and she went back to "muahahaha for the evulz". Unfortunately Hela was yet another addition to the MCU's long line of boring villains. Hope she shows up in Infinity War as the MCU's version of Lady Death, I think the Russos would be able to give her more depth.

Wish the movie dialed back on the jokes a little and explored the relationships between Thor, Loki, Hela, Odin, and Frigga more instead. I would've liked more family bonding feels. It doesn't feel like a Thor movie because it's so different from the last two, and it tried too hard to be like Guardians of the Galaxy but failed to deliver the underlying tragedy that gives GotG its substance. The opening scene of GotG with Peter's mom made me tear up and the father/son stuff with Yondu and Peter in GotG Vol. 2 made me bawl, but the whole time I was watching Ragnarok I kept wondering when they were going to take a break from the slapstick and get into the meaty, emotional family drama.

For example, when Thor's sitting on the throne talking to Hela, instead of just saying "you're the worst" in a semi-joking manner, I wanted him to give her a "you could be better" talk like he did with Loki. And that moment when Hela showed some vulnerability in that scene I wanted her to open up about how hurt she felt being abandoned by their father and by his favoritism towards Thor. Plus a revelation that her motivation for universal conquest was not some standard supervillain egocentric desire for personal glory.

I really wanted to love this movie and I'm glad it's doing so well critically and financially, but I guess I'm just one of those people who prefer feels over laughs.

Sad to see the Warriors Three go like that, but I guess they got to stick around longer than the Howling Commandos did. Wonder what became of Sif though.

Thor unlocking his true power as the God of Thunder was spectacular, and I'm interested to see how his story develops as King of Asgard.

Liked the Banner vs. Hulk stuff, looking forward to seeing where that story goes too. The friendship between Hulk and Valkyrie was oddly adorable.

Last edited by Mori; 11-27-2017 at 06:11 PM Reason: Spelling/Grammar
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marvel has a female Death figure who's entirely separate from Hela.

I haven't seen the film yet, but my impression of Hela from the trailers agrees with Rylvan's view of Hela. I also felt Cate was playing Hela too camp and not enough sombre and menacing. Hela's not just a boo hiss villain in the comics. She's a figure you respect.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember Sif was on one or two episodes of Agents of Shield, but I didn't watch the episodes myself. Wonder if they explained a bit about her in there. I'm disappointed with how The Warriors Three were treated in the movie, but I guess since they were always gonna be minor characters, Marvel didn't feel like doing much with them.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I remember Sif was on one or two episodes of Agents of Shield, but I didn't watch the episodes myself. Wonder if they explained a bit about her in there. I'm disappointed with how The Warriors Three were treated in the movie, but I guess since they were always gonna be minor characters, Marvel didn't feel like doing much with them.
I didn't mind helal but i dont know her comic presence so you might be right about that i think one thing i didnt like was the deaths scenes not getting a bigger reaction we didnt get a good bye that was my real issue with it otherwise i did enjoy it .

With Sif in shield she was explained there was a storyline for her being there
Old 11-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marvel/Disney seems too inclined to kill off characters and change things in the movies. From the point of view of characters being around in the comics for 50 years, that's a bit hard to get used to. I want Thor fillms for at least another decade. The Warriors Three are an institution in the comics. They shouldn't have gone like that.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Did this really happen in the comics? Did Asgard fall?
Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Asgard has fallen and risen numerous times in the comics.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes. You can read about it in this article. https://io9.gizmodo.com/so-what-the-...way-1819987323
Old 11-29-2017, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Asgard has fallen and risen numerous times in the comics.
so will it rise again you think?