Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. Although I'd give up all the Teletubby scenes for a single tear from Thor about his mother's death.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

They played Thor's "stoic" reaction to that loss completely wrong. I wasn't thinking "Oh wow how brave of him to stand there with his eyes dry" on the balcony while Odin was cradling her body, but "Why the heck isn't he doing or showing anything?"
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would have even been fine with a Thor throwing stuff scene. At least that would tell me that he felt something.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Or a bit of a break down later on, perhaps after the funeral, with Jane, anything.
We saw him rage in the flying ship when he almost came to blows with Loki. but it wasn't exactly effective.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just give us something.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love for a journalist to ask Feige what's up with cutting the most dramatic scenes' aftermath so short. There was humor in the first film, too, but characters could still take 2 minutes to be sad or express their feelings in peace.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he feels pressured to make sure all the movies are funny? It sure seemed to work for Iron Man and Avengers to an extent.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was reading the Empire article about TWS and he seemed to know very well that every solo universe and single movie had to get the right kind of tone and genre-inspiration, so why the one thing he believes is needed all across the board are gallons of humor?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beats me. Crossing my fingers TWS doesn't get ruined by inappropriate humor pacing.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Luckily the previews have nothing to make me worry about on that front. Not yet, at least.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping when they start releasing mini clips, it won't worry me either. The Russo Brothers have a pretty good handle on comedy though, so perhaps I shouldn't worry so much.

Last edited by miranstarr; 01-04-2014 at 12:51 PM
Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, we should be in safe hands with them. I think the first movie handles well the funny bits peppered here and there in the film, too.
Plus you guys don't have Darcy. *cough*
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad. She's OK in small doses.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still wish TDW toned down a bit of its forced humour. (GIVE SELVIG A BREAK. and I still don't care about the intern.) I hope TWS is going to follow Cap:TFA's style. There is some humour in the movie but the whole tone is still heartbreaking and dark.

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was this posted?

Quote:
MOVIES: Best action film – ‘Thor: The Dark World’

For my favorite action movie of 2013 it was a razor-thin difference between “Thor: The Dark World” and “The Wolverine.”

I loved both films, but I think two things pushed “Thor” over the top: Tom Hiddleston as Loki and “The Wolverine” felt a little long at points.

That is not slamming “The Wolverine” at all. I loved the film.

“Thor: The Dark World” just had the best combination of special effects alongside great action sequences. Spoilers after the trailer.

My favorite scene in the film was where Loki seemingly turned on Thor on Svartalfheim. In a span of just a few minutes there were a couple of times I was shocked. I went through a range of emotions including anger (he turned on Thor!), excitement (no, he didnt!) and pure sadness (he died!)

Director Alan Taylor brings his experience directing episodes of “Game of Thrones” and “Rome” and does a great job. The first action sequence might remind people a lot of “Game of Thrones,” but later scenes take a life of their own.

There is one star of the film, though. Hiddleston steals every scene he’s in. I’m sure someone at Marvel is trying to figure out how to make a Loki movie. People love Hiddleston as Loki, just look at the Comic-Con reception:

And as the scene in Svartalfheim proves, Loki is a great hand-to-hand fighter.

And that mid-credits scene? I geeked out in the theater so much I thought I was going to get something thrown at me. When Ray Stevenson said the words “Infinity Stones” I lost my mind.

When The Collector says “One down, five to go” my childhood dream came true. Marvel really, truly is going for The Infinity Gauntlet. It’s the worst thing to happen to the Marvel universe, but the best thing ever to happen to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.