Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I hope no one gets recasted.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same. I couldn't deal with it if any of my bbs got recasted.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Speaking of the immediate future (TA2 & co.), I don't get how going through all the trouble to cast someone new, and pray the choice will hit it off well with the fans, is preferable to a simple pay raise once you're sure the previous pick was a winner.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marvel got the right people to play their heroes the first time around. I don't know why they would want to jeopardize anything because they don't want to pay up. They look like the villains in this story.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. Besides, as much as everyone - included the rest of the cast - knows that Robert is the biggest box office drawn among them, the difference between all the money and bonuses he got compared to the others is now ridiculous, after the group movie scored the numbers it did.

I stumbled upon the pics of the Thor TDW actions figures again, and I don't know if it means anything for the movie - perhaps it would have been included in the toy package anyway - but Thor does sport his helmet on there.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Even in terms of other movie stars, our bbs are clearly being underpaid for their work on these movies. Seriously, get your sht together, Marvel.

Ooh, that's awesome! If he wears it for even one scene, it's all good!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marvel probably thinks that keeping the bar low for the core group will give them even more leverage in the future if the universe of characters expands.
But really, when you read that Chris got 5 million for Snow White & the Huntsman (which had a modest box office result), and only a 500K increase to play Thor in the sequel after how well the first movie and The Avengers did, you ask yourself how in touch with the reality of the show business the studio is.

One scene would be enough for me, too. Now I've got a little hope for it.

[X]

And here are some bits about the movie from comicbookmovie.com's latest entry on The Dark World:
Quote:
During filming of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World last year, Total Film visited the Asgard sets of the Alan Taylor-directed sequel in the U.K., where executive producer & Marvel Comics writer, Craig
Kyle, showed them concept art and storyboards. “It’s The Empire Strikes Back,” Kyle said. “We’re travelling further out into the other worlds of the Thor saga – the further out we go the further in we have to go with the character. We spent a lot of time in the first film in the palace. This time, we are going to see where the people live and where the pubs are!” Furthermore, Craig Kyle confirmed that Thor: The Dark World will explore “Valhalla drinking dens and training centres, Vanaheim, Svartalfheim,” and get a good idea of where the two latter realms fit into the universe, which is “tilting into mayhem thanks to a busted bifrost bridge which allows new baddies, the marauders, to get a toehold in Thor’s kingdom.” Craig said, “The nice thing that Avengers did for us – besides make a lot of money – was [that it] dropped this bomb in the Marvel cinema universe
and affected all of our characters in a huge way. The big event takes place and draws everybody out of their own BS, and then they have to go back to their own problems again.”

Meanwhile, Lady Sif actress Jaimie Alexander was speaking recently with Fandango, when she, too, boasted about Thor: The Dark World exploring more realms and Asgardian life. “We do get to see a lot more of the Asgardian lifestyle, and the daily lives of the warriors and that sort of thing…. It’s really as gorgeous as it was in the first movie. You get to see what it’s like when they celebrate
after a victory and how much they all love each other so much, and how they’ve known each other their entire lives – all the Warriors Three, Thor, the king, the queen, everybody. So it’s really fun to see how they are with each other, and how actually, how similar it is to Earth: the way they treat each other, where they go to celebrate, what they do.”
Recounting about the love triangle between Sif, Thor and Jane Foster, Jaimie Alexander added that, “There are scenes with Natalie and I, even when other characters aren’t around, and she’s a blast to work with!”
Marvel’s Craig Kyle Talks THOR: THE DARK WORLD
Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the article! I would love to see more Asgard in general. The other movies are all in Midgard anyway.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know! I think the people behind the movie are a bit too concerned that we won't relate to Thor's universe, and the other Nine Realms, if we get too much "alien" stuff compared to Earth material. That worry made sense before the first installment, but I don't think people would have troubles with connecting and accepting Asgard as the main set now.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

They shouldn't be. They've spent 2 movies telling us how different Thor and Loki are from the humans. It should be accepted by the general audience by now that these guys are Gods among us mortals and that where they come from is vastly different and we should want to see the other Realms.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

They should understand that as long as one can relate to human feelings, it doesn't matter if you're following the journey of an alien, a god, a hobbit or whatever else. Even for people who didn't watch Thor or The Avengers before TDW, I think it takes little to accept the different rules of a fantasy universe as long as you can sympathize with the emotional struggles the characters face.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Right! Tons of people have no problems with LOTR and Middle Earth. There are elves, trolls, orcs, hobbits, and what not and people loved the films. I think the same would hold true even if there were no books to base them off of. Human beings as a whole like it when the good wins over the bad. Even if Asgard is alien to us, the struggle between good and bad isn't. We want the hero to win and we're invested in his/her journey.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

And they have been bragging about how "cosmic" they can get with Thor. So now they better deliver!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes!! My expectations are high!