Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not a spoiler if it's been released. The film's out. Nothing in it is a spoiler anymore.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Moderator Support Team
Dracarys

that's right But sometimes people choose to still use spoiler tags out of curtesy, which is fine too.

~icon by Ina
Old 07-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

New thread time! Anyone have a title?

And I saw Homecoming and... not impressed. And as for Zendaya...

Spoiler:
Old 07-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jon Watts on Spider-Man Homecoming Blu-ray Extras | Collider
Stranger Things returns 10/27
Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Moderator Support Team
Dracarys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
New thread time! Anyone have a title?

And I saw Homecoming and... not impressed. And as for Zendaya...

Spoiler:
I'm not sure of Zendaya's purpose in the whole movie, but I assume it's a set up for the next?

~icon by Ina
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm not sure of Zendaya's purpose in the whole movie, but I assume it's a set up for the next?
I think they said her role will be bigger in the sequels. Riverdale did the same thing with Jughead.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Passionate Fan

She's going to be in the sequels more. I look forward to that cause I liked her character and her one liners. It's also obvious she will be Peter's love intrest in the future sequels IMO.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
She's going to be in the sequels more. I look forward to that cause I liked her character and her one liners. It's also obvious she will be Peter's love intrest in the future sequels IMO.
Yep. And I think Peter&Michelle's ship name is Spideychelle.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I think they said her role will be bigger in the sequels. Riverdale did the same thing with Jughead.
No they didn't, dragonfire. Jughead had a major role in the entire first season of Riverdale. Sure, he wasn't seen much in the first episode, but he was the narrator, and a TV show is different from a movie in that they have 12 to 20 episodes to work with in a single season. Also, movies should not be advertisements for some other movie, they should stand as individual films themselves, something Logan should've made plainly obvious and something Marvel still hasn't learned from. Age of Ultron was a complete throwaway, and not just because Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were omitted from their own story, but because it was basically an advertisement for Infinity War. Movies should be movies, not commercials. All I know is that if you removed Michelle entirely from that movie you'd never know she was gone.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex, you said you'd boycott.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kevin Feige & Amy Pascal on Spider-Man: Homecoming and More | Collider
Stranger Things returns 10/27
Old 07-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article, but I wish they'd shut up about their stupid kids' movie.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
No they didn't, dragonfire. Jughead had a major role in the entire first season of Riverdale. Sure, he wasn't seen much in the first episode, but he was the narrator, and a TV show is different from a movie in that they have 12 to 20 episodes to work with in a single season. Also, movies should not be advertisements for some other movie, they should stand as individual films themselves, something Logan should've made plainly obvious and something Marvel still hasn't learned from. Age of Ultron was a complete throwaway, and not just because Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were omitted from their own story, but because it was basically an advertisement for Infinity War. Movies should be movies, not commercials. All I know is that if you removed Michelle entirely from that movie you'd never know she was gone.
I think Jughead really didn't have a major role until he got with Betty. I mean before that he was more like a background character. Are you forgetting who owns Marvel? Of course the movies are advertisements/commercials that's how Disney rolls. Mickey Mouse wants that big cheese/$$$.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I did, sum1. But many of my other FF friends had seen it and I felt obligated to at least give it a try so I could talk to them about it with some context and not be left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I think Jughead really didn't have a major role until he got with Betty. I mean before that he was more like a background character. Are you forgetting who owns Marvel? Of course the movies are advertisements/commercials that's how Disney rolls. Mickey Mouse wants that big cheese/$$$.
Jughead's importance was realized in the second and third episode, dragonfire, after his relationship with Archie and his relation to FP was revealed. This was before Betty began dating him. And yes, I do know who owns Marvel, and I despise the idea of the Marvel Universe becoming the Disneyland superhero universe. I'm starting to think that Marvel should've just sold all their stuff to Fox so that a truly united MCU including the X-Men could exist. Given how badass the Fox X-Men movies are lately, I'd prefer that to the Mickey Mouse movies that Marvel is making.

And if Zendaya's only reason for being in this movie for all of a measly and inconsequential ten minutes was so that Disney can promote one of their Mouseketeers... Feige should be ashamed of himself. Fox movies make money without resorting to cotton candy.