Old 07-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming nabbed $12.3M yesterday, and while the Monday records in July are a challenge to climb given how they’ve been propped by the Independence Day holiday, that’s a notable number. Given how it’s largely a discount ticket day at cinemas throughout the country, today should be even bigger for Homecoming. Through four days at the domestic B.O., the Jon Watts movie counts $129.3M.
Quote:
Heading into its second weekend against 20th Century Fox’s War for The Planet of the Apes, Homecoming is expected to ease 55%-57% for $50M-$53M; an average decline for a superhero tentpole that has opened strongly. Tracking currently has Apes notching a No. 1 rank in the high $50Ms to low $60Ms. Given the glowing reviews for Apes at 92% fresh –many say it’s the best title in the trilogy– it won’t be a surprise if the Matt Reeves-directed title beats those estimates
‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Climbs To $129M+ Through Monday | Deadline
Old 07-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will be seeing this before the weekend !
Old 07-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I think Disney has been carefully planning on getting full control of Spider-Man. Getting the merchandise rights from Sony was the first step. I think the second step was the Marvel/Sony deal. And finally the third and final step I think is if Sony doesn't want to renew the contract that's when Disney steps in and offers them amount they can't refuse.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you think Sony will be stubborn and cling on to Spider-Man though? Are the rest of the sequels being done by Marvel/Sony?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Do you think Sony will be stubborn and cling on to Spider-Man though? Are the rest of the sequels being done by Marvel/Sony?
Considering that Sony gave the merchandise/animated rights to Disney for full movie rights should tell you Sony would give up the full rights if Disney made the right amount offer. I could see Sony saying ok were taking back Spider-Man than comes Disney in with a large briefcase full of some serious dough. the contract goes out after the Spider-Man sequel. So if Sony wanted to end their partnership with Marvel they could. That's why I could see Disney stepping in and offering a large amount for the movie rights.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish they didn't feel the need to portray Spider Man in pampers.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I wish they didn't feel the need to portray Spider Man in pampers.
They're doing the same thing in Marvel's Spider-Man animated series. And I think besides Mary-Jane almost everyone else is in the show. And this kinda sounds like Peter's school in Homecoming.
Quote:
The show, premiering Aug. 19 on Disney XD, takes a fresh look at Peter Parker as the superhero gets accepted into Horizon High, a high school for brilliant young scientific minds. He struggles to balance his social life while hiding his secret identity from his classmates while using his alter ego to take on supervillains.
‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’ Sets Premiere Date for New Animated Series | Variety
Old 07-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, I never did catch up with the latest series.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Ah, I never did catch up with the latest series.
So far from what i seen I think it may be good or at least good for the kids. Still haven't seen Mary-Jane though. And it's interesting that Miles may be a student at Peter's high school. I wonder if they will do that in the Spider-Man sequels.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally saw the movie today . It is the first Spiderman movie ,since Spiderman three ,I have seen in the movies. Why I waited past the credits for a Non yet funny clip of Cap doing PSA !!
Enjoyed the movie a lot , still the first 3 Spiderman movies are my favorite .
One item , he Peter didn't have any spider senses in the movie..???
Spoiler:

The ferry scene reminded me of Spiderman 2, where he has to stop the subway.. Yet he needed Iron mans help . Also glad when the Stark plane and ensuing battle with a vulture , was all Spider-Man no Iron man to help !
Spoiler:
Glad I didn't read any spoilers or reviews

Well done and thanks for not giving us another Origin of Spiderman

Last edited by Logan; 07-16-2017 at 03:48 PM
Old 07-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Peter does have Spidey sense in this, they just don't bang you over the head with it. I also heard in that Infinity War teaser at D23 they showed he has Spidey sense. I've seen the film but you should of warned others about those spoilers or covered them cause you reveal so much for those that haven't seen them. The Vulture twist is one of the best parts of the film and shouldn't be spoiled for anyone.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
The Vulture twist is one of the best parts of the film and shouldn't be spoiled for anyone.
I 100% agree. And a little bit off topic, but it seems Joe Quesada may play a character in the animated Spider-Man series. It seems his character may be a guy name Joe who runs a coffee shop, and may be Peter's mentor. Yeah with him and Slott involved in it I'm kinda hoping Mary-Jane isn't in it.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fixed .. normaly here after the first week of a new film. Spoilers are valid . My bad .
Yes I saw Photo/video from yesterday's D23 convention and seeing the new suit .
At the end of the movie
Spoiler:

Old 07-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Oh I didn't know spoilers were valid, I just thought so much was revealed in the post. My bad.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top