Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM
  #196
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Harry Potter is garbage for kids. We don't need Spider Man brought down to that level. Spider Man comics had quality long before Harry Potter was ever thought up. Spider Man shouldn't be imitating Harry Potter.
I highly disagree with you. HP isn't garbage for kids. And I don't think Feige was talking about Peter being exactly like HP just that there may be some elements to it.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 AM
  #197
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 76,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I highly disagree with you. HP isn't garbage for kids.
I don't think it can fairly be described as anything else.

Quote:
And I don't think Feige was talking about Peter being exactly like HP just that there may be some elements to it.
As far as I'm concerned, any Harry Potter influence on the MCU is unwelcome.
__________________
Icon by lunas_borednow
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM
  #198
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)

As far as I'm concerned, any Harry Potter influence on the MCU is unwelcome.
I don't see what wrong with them taking some influence from it. I mean it ain't like Peter will be holding a wand and saying Expelliarmus or Norman saying Avada Kedavra. Though originally Norman did ride a broom in the comics maybe he's a fan of Quidditch.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:56 AM
  #199
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I wonder if Hardy's Venom will appear in one of the Spidey sequels. And the look on Feige's face when Pascal said the Venom movie and Black Cat/Silver Sable movie is connected to the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man movies was hilarious.
Amy seems to keep putting her foot in her mouth, I think she was also the one that let it slip that they only have a contract to have Spiderman in three more movies or something then she got reamed out for it. It's just more evidence how stupid Sony handles things. I'm wondering if she let the cat out the bag or her and Kevin didn't get everything in order yet. I hope it's true and if Venom is really in the MCU he might be done right this time. I still like Spiderman 3 (gets way too much hate IMO) the only parts I hated were MJ (but I didn't like her in any of the three films. Too fickle and damsel in distress for me. That's one of the reasons I welcomed Gwen in the ASM films) and the insulting, quickie way they did Venom.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:18 PM
  #200
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 122,356
Did you like what little you saw of Gwen in the 3rd Spider-Man movie?
__________________
Mee || Tumblr || Avengers || Hemsworth || Evans || EXO || icon
I love you. I wish that the thing that I call ‘us’ will never change and remain the same forever. ~ Sehun's letter to Suho
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:57 PM
  #201
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,824
Yeah, I liked Gwen in Spiderman 3. Hell, I prefered Peter to be with her than MJ. In Homecoming, I'm expecting Zendaya's character to be his future love interest. The Liz girl he likes is a senior and he's a sophmore, so I don't see anything serious with her lasting beyond this movie IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:38 PM
  #202
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I liked Gwen in Spiderman 3. Hell, I prefered Peter to be with her than MJ. In Homecoming, I'm expecting Zendaya's character to be his future love interest. The Liz girl he likes is a senior and he's a sophmore, so I don't see anything serious with her lasting beyond this movie IMO.
I agree about Zendaya's character being his future love interest. I read a interesting theory about who her character could be, and I'm kinda hoping it turns out to be true. I mean I could totally see Sony doing it.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:58 PM
  #203
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 76,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Did you like what little you saw of Gwen in the 3rd Spider-Man movie?
That was awful. They totally warped the character into something she was not. It was one of the many things wrong with that movie. Gwen in the Amazing Spider Man movies is actually a lot closer to the real MJ in personality than Dunst's version was. And Emma Stone did a very good job with her.
__________________
Icon by lunas_borednow
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 PM
  #204
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I agree about Zendaya's character being his future love interest. I read a interesting theory about who her character could be, and I'm kinda hoping it turns out to be true. I mean I could totally see Sony doing it.
Yeah, I heard the rumor too about who she really is. If it's true I like it and didn't see it coming. It also easily sets her up for future movies and her dynamic with Peter.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:32 PM
  #205
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I heard the rumor too about who she really is. If it's true I like it and didn't see it coming. It also easily sets her up for future movies and her dynamic with Peter.
if it's the rumor from the novel some has said the rumor spoiler is fake. Like they don't reveal her last name in the novel. As for the theory I read if it actually happens I think it be shocking to some.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 AM
  #206
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 76,334
Who's Zendaya going to turn out to be, the Hobgoblin?
__________________
Icon by lunas_borednow
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:58 PM
  #207
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Who's Zendaya going to turn out to be, the Hobgoblin?
Well the theory I read was Zendaya's character could be Gwen Stacy and one of the reasons why is because she will become Spider-Gwen. I know it sounds crazy but I think Sony would do it. Spider-Gwen is popular so I can see Sony wanting a piece of that pie, also fans been wanting a Spider-Woman, and here's the irony Sony owns Gwen Stacy and I think they own the name Spider-Woman so yeah I'm expecting them to do it.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:52 PM
  #208
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,824
*Spoiler if true*










I heard a different rumor, that she ends up being the Vulture's daughter. From the little you see of her in the trailers she seems very stand offish and a loner so if she ends up being his daughter and he abondoned her than I think it makes sense. I didn't hear the Gwen Stacey rumor, I doubt it after the MJ rumors these last few months and since Gwen was in the last two ASM films and they will want to disconnect from that. Guess we'll find out who she is in two weeks.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:50 AM
  #209
Addicted Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
*Spoiler if true*










I heard a different rumor, that she ends up being the Vulture's daughter. From the little you see of her in the trailers she seems very stand offish and a loner so if she ends up being his daughter and he abondoned her than I think it makes sense. I didn't hear the Gwen Stacey rumor, I doubt it after the MJ rumors these last few months and since Gwen was in the last two ASM films and they will want to disconnect from that. Guess we'll find out who she is in two weeks.
I think that rumor got debunked. As for Gwen Stacy It's more like a theory than a rumor. And I wouldn't put it pass Sony to do it after all Sony still owns Spider-Man.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:32 AM
  #210
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 76,334
Maybe Zendaya is Doctor Octopus. Actually, there was a female Doctor Octopus back in the '90s.
__________________
Icon by lunas_borednow
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.