Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 PM
  #181
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Oh for god's sake.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:19 AM
  #182
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
If the spoilers from the Spider-Man Homecoming novel are true. I wonder if one of the theories about Michelle is true. And it seems like Marvel/Sony may have added some stuff from Miles's Spider-Man. Like Ned looks similar to Miles's best friend Ganke Lee, Michelle kinda looks similar to Kate Bishop, and I guess Peter is a mix between Peter&Miles.

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-15-2017 at 08:49 AM
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:01 PM
  #183
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Well he sure isn't any Peter Parker I recognize.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:21 PM
  #184
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Well he sure isn't any Peter Parker I recognize.
He's mini Peter Parker. And I have a weird feeling Michelle will become Peter's main love interest in the trilogy. It wouldn't surprise me because I think Disney/Marvel has been erasing MJ out of the comics and animated tv shows.
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 AM
  #185
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 125,418
The first set of movies did a piss poor job of MJ and the second set cut her out completely, so I wish we could see what Marvel could have done with her.
__________________
Mee || Tumblr || Avengers || Hemsworth || Evans || EXO || icon
miranstarr is offline  
Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 AM
  #186
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
The first set of movies did a piss poor job of MJ and the second set cut her out completely, so I wish we could see what Marvel could have done with her.
I agree really there's no telling when they will finally let MJ appear. Now these days it seems Peter is more involved with the Avengers and Spidey-Team than with MJ. And it seems Holland said Peter's main goal in Homecoming is to become avenger.

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-18-2017 at 11:52 AM
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-18-2017, 05:50 PM
  #187
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Becoming an Avenger? That's dumb. Spider Man wasn't recruited into the Avengers until many decades after his comics started.

And I agree, the Raimi Spider Man movies screwed up MJ. Bad casting, bad writing. She mostly just whined and screamed. That's not MJ. In the comics she had personality.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 PM
  #188
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Becoming an Avenger? That's dumb. Spider Man wasn't recruited into the Avengers until many decades after his comics started.

And I agree, the Raimi Spider Man movies screwed up MJ. Bad casting, bad writing. She mostly just whined and screamed. That's not MJ. In the comics she had personality.
Well in a way with Peter being 15 it does makes sense. Yep in a way they treated MJ like a red-headed stepchild. Really I think Disney/Marvel and Sony all treat her like that. And in the video I posted it seems Pascal said the Venom movie and Black Cat and Silver Sable movie is connected to the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man movies.
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-18-2017, 11:28 PM
  #189
Passionate Fan

 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,234
Looks like Sony came to their senses cause having a Venom movie without Spiderman makes no sense at all and most people wouldn't of cared for these doomed movies without Spiderman or being connected to the MCU where he is now.
Butterfly85 is online now  
Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 AM
  #190
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Looks like Sony came to their senses cause having a Venom movie without Spiderman makes no sense at all and most people wouldn't of cared for these doomed movies without Spiderman or being connected to the MCU where he is now.
I wonder if Hardy's Venom will appear in one of the Spidey sequels. And the look on Feige's face when Pascal said the Venom movie and Black Cat/Silver Sable movie is connected to the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man movies was hilarious.

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-19-2017 at 03:38 AM
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 AM
  #191
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Nothing about Peter Parker being 15 makes sense. He was never that young in the comics. Plus Tom Holland comes off more 12 than 15.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 07:14 AM
  #192
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Nothing about Peter Parker being 15 makes sense. He was never that young in the comics. Plus Tom Holland comes off more 12 than 15.
I think that was part of the deal between Marvel/Sony. I think Disney/Marvel wanted a high school teenage Peter Parker who just started out as Spider-Man. That way it would be the quickest/easiest way to explain why he hasn't appear in the MCU and why no one has mention him before in the MCU. And there's this from Feige.
Quote:
Should we be able to make more after that? Sure. This is sophomore year, is the next one junior year? Is the next one senior year? Is there a summer break between each of those? I don’t know what, but it was sort of how do we do a journey for Peter not dissimilar for what the students of Hogwarts would go through each of their years, which was one of the early ideas we had for the movies.”
Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequels May Mimic Harry Potter | Collider
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-19-2017, 07:47 AM
  #193
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Oh god, Spider Man imitating Harry Potter now.
I am so sick of teen and wimpy versions of Spider Man. It's supposd to be Spider MAN, not Spider boy. I've been paying more attention to the MCU films since I returned to Marvel comics, which is why I'm going to see this dreadful Spider Man movie, but I can see skipping the sequels if they insist on continuing like this.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 08:18 AM
  #194
Obsessed Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Oh god, Spider Man imitating Harry Potter now.
I am so sick of teen and wimpy versions of Spider Man. It's supposd to be Spider MAN, not Spider boy. I've been paying more attention to the MCU films since I returned to Marvel comics, which is why I'm going to see this dreadful Spider Man movie, but I can see skipping the sequels if they insist on continuing like this.
I take it you don't like HP. I actually think this could be a great idea. Green Goblin would clearly play the Voldemort role.
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 AM
  #195
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 80,149
Harry Potter is garbage for kids. We don't need Spider Man brought down to that level. Spider Man comics had quality long before Harry Potter was ever thought up. Spider Man shouldn't be imitating Harry Potter.
__________________
Avatar by we are not alone
sum1 is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.