Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That friend of his kind of annoying and rather a stereotype.

Thanks for the clip, LightYears.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't read the Spider-Man comics, but is Ned Leeds anything like that in the comics?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's Ned Leeds in the trailers?

:looks it up:

THAT'S NED LEEDS?!

No, nothing like in the comics. In the comics he's tall, light-haired, square-jawed, lean white guy who works for the same newspaper Peter Parker does. He was sort of the Hobgoblin for while and he gets killed in Germany in the 1980s crossover between Wolverine and Spider-Man. There's no goofy slacker aspect.

Seriously, if they're going to change the character that much so that he's basically a different character, they shouldn't use the name. Change the name, make it a new character.

Here's a Ned Leeds article: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Leeds_(Earth-616)
And another: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Leeds

Last edited by sum1; 05-12-2017 at 05:44 AM
Old 05-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lol, yeah he's Ned. Thanks for the link!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I'm used to Marvel not doing everything 100% the same as the comics so I just go with it now.
But fans are slowly getting miffed at Marvel not following the comics, and even more miffed that the comics are somehow expected to align themselves with the movies and not the other way around. How is that fair? Now Janet has been replaced as The Wasp by this "Nadia" woman who just appeared out of nowhere(and the fact that "Nadia" is "Hope" in Russian is totally a coincidence, right?), and Hank Pym has been fused with Ultron and shot into space and no one knows if he's even still alive, black Nicky Fury Jr. has replaced the original Nick Fury, Steve Rogers has been revealed to be a HYDRA agent and Falcon is now wearing the Captain America outfit, Tony Stark handed over the Iron Man armor to a woman named Ri-Ri Williams, Jane Foster is the new Thor, Peter Parker has to share the spotlight with Miles Morales, Wolverine is dead and X-23 has replaced him, and Cyclops has been killed off and the teenage Cyclops and Jean Grey from the past are in the present day, and so many other screwed up decisions Marvel has made, they're seeing their sales drop into the basement. Marvel sales have been going down since 2015 thanks to the MCU.

Oh, and on another note, what is Marvel Studios and Sony's obsession with making Peter Parker a teenager? Peter hasn't been a teenager in the comics since Richard Nixon was president! He was only a teen for the first ten years of the comic's publication and by 1975 he had graduated from college and was a twentysomething adult superhero, which he's been all through the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. Peter and Mary Jane have been married since the 1980's for Pete's sake! The Peter Parker that Generation X and the Millennial generation grew up with has been the adult Peter Parker in his 20's, and the greatest Spider-Man stories ever written - The Night Gwen Stacy Died, The Death of Jean DeWolff and the Sin-Eater storyline, Kraven's Last Hunt, the alien symbiote costume and the Venom storyline, the Black Cat and Silver Sable storylines, the Jackal and the Spider-Clone storyline, the Ned Leeds/Hobgoblin storyline, Peter's marriage to Mary Jane Watson - have all been with Peter as a 20-something adult, and today he's even running his own company. So why the hell does Hollywood always make him some snot-nosed teenager? When will they grow up and let Peter grow the hell up?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I want an adult Spider Man. Maybe played by Jake Gyllenhaal, who should have gotten the job way back.

Marvel has been screwing up everything in the comics for quite some while now. You could say Marvel is not Marvel anymore, it's Disney, but even before Disney took over Marvel has been screwing it up, like with what the House of M storyline did to the mutants storyline, over a decade back. I just ignore 21st century Marvel comics. Solves everything.

Btw, Alex, did you catch that about Ned Leeds in the posts above? This guy is Ned Leeds now: Jacob Batalon - IMDb and the actor seems to be playing him as some sort of stereotypical slacker dude, judging by the trailer on the last page.

Last edited by sum1; 05-11-2017 at 08:16 PM
Old 05-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad we agree, sum1. And yes, I saw the thing about Ned Leeds in Homecoming. This is NOT the guy who will become the Hobgoblin. Again, it's James Gunn giving the middle finger to comic book fans. I honestly don't know what's wrong with that guy.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think James Gunn is involved with that one, actually. He's only done the Guardians films so far. He's not involved in Spider-Man. Let's just say it's Disney giving the middle finger and leave it at that. Like they did with Star Wars.

Personally I liked the first Guardians film and I haven't seen the second one yet, but then I'm not particularly attached to that corner of the Marvel universe, so the lack of faithfulness to the comics doesn't bother me as much there.

They've also cast this guy (second from the right) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8188622/m...r/rm3278113280 as Flash Thompson. Flash is supposed to be the bullying jock bigshot who picks on Peter, not a goofy-looking little guy, for god's sake.

Flash Thompson:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_...tasyV1No15.jpg

It seems they're just using the names and changing the characters utterly.

Last edited by sum1; 05-12-2017 at 05:53 AM
Old 05-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that kid being Flash. And Zendaya has said she's not Mary Jane, but at this point who knows. She could be the MJ character and just not have her name.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm still excited for this film and I can't wait to see TH as Peter in his own movie. From what they have shown I don't think Zendaya is MJ but I agree it's possible that her name could be MJ in a different way. I loved Tom and Zendaya on Lip Sync Battle. Don't care for the show but they both killed it.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say of the all the Marvel films coming, it's probably the one I'm least excited about.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

The 3rd one in the Toby McGuire series gave me so much secondhand embarrassment.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The casting for those films was often dreadful. In particular Tobey Maguire didn't fit Peter Parker and Kirsten Dunst didn't fit MJ Watson. Tobey was creepy and wimpy and Kirsten was whiney and pathetic.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I still like Spiderman 3 *shrugs* the main thing I hated was how they halfass did Venom I hated MJ in all three movies but in the third she was really annoying. She was always a fickle tramp in all three movies. SR's Spiderman 2 is one of the best superhero movies relased IMO. I liked the first Amazing Spiderman but the sequel was a mess. I still would of preferred a Spiderman 4. I'm thinking the MCU's Spiderman films will blow all five of the previous ones out the water. They have been killing it with all their movies, I wish they would get the Fantastic Four back.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top