Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

True .. i didnt notice there was no spiderman .
Old 03-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
True .. i didnt notice there was no spiderman .
Well, the MCU originally wasn't going to have Spider-Man either, Petra. Sony was still making their films with Andrew Garfield when the Avengers first came out. The Sony deal is a tentative agreement with Disney, but they can easily pull Spider-Man out, which they probably will after the next Spider-Man MCU film.

Oh, and I thought of who I would cast as Hank Pym/Ant-Man and Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp in a corrected version of the Avengers movies. Real life couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. John actually auditioned for Captain America and lost out to Chris Evans, so I'd have John and Emily as Hank and Janet in the Avengers movies instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow. Clint and Natasha would still be in the story, but in a diminished capacity. Clint would be in the Avengers, but Natasha would be more aligned with SHIELD.

Oh, and Petra? The link for this thread on the Intro thread OP doesn't work. You might want to check that out and fix it.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ john and emily i want in a marvel movie i do love them ..

What would you say if they were to play sue storm and reed ?? Some say they would be good..

Ill fix it now thanks for letting me know
Old 03-20-2020, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've been thinking about it and I just don't really enjoy Endgame all that much. I've only watched it once all the way through since the DVD came out. There are parts I enjoy, but on the whole the mischaracterization of Steve/Cap (imo since I know some people still love him) really sticks in my craw.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ john and emily i want in a marvel movie i do love them ..

What would you say if they were to play sue storm and reed ?? Some say they would be good..

Ill fix it now thanks for letting me know
I'd have loved John and Emily as Hank and Janet I'm not too thrilled about Reed and Susan or the FF in the MCU since it's been so Avengers-oriented. Same goes for the X-Men. It's like they're gonna do things one at a time rather than have everyone co-exist at the same time. I remember what Disney did to Once Upon A Time, and the MCU seems to be going down the same path. OUAT became unwatchable after too long.

You're welcome, Petra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I've been thinking about it and I just don't really enjoy Endgame all that much. I've only watched it once all the way through since the DVD came out. There are parts I enjoy, but on the whole the mischaracterization of Steve/Cap (imo since I know some people still love him) really sticks in my craw.
Hey, Mee? Go look in the Thanos thread and see what I posted there. That's how Avengers: Endgame(or some other title) would've ended if they'd stuck to the comics. I know why Endgame bothers you, and I've already said what's been wrong with the MCU for years now.

I know I frustrate a lot of you by complaining about how far the movies have deviated from the comics, and many of you have tried to justify the changes by saying that the films don't have to follow the storyline from the comics. But that's like saying that a symphony doesn't have to play Mozart or Beethoven note for note, which is wrong. If you've ever seen the movie Amadeus you'll remember Salieri's words about Mozart's music:

"Displace one note and there would be diminishment, displace one phrase and the structure would fall."

That's the problem with the MCU. Everything is out of sequence and nothing makes sense as a result. Major characters are absent from their own storylines and the characters that are in the MCU are altered in ways that are inconsistent with their established personalities. Not having Hank and Janet in the Avengers, not having Hank Pym create Ultron, not having Vision's mind based on Wonder Man's brainwave patterns, not having Adam Warlock in the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Thanos storyline, not having the High Evolutionary in the story, not portraying either the Elders of the Universe or the Infinity Gems(not stones) accurately, not having the Celestials or the Eternals early on, and so on. It's oversimplification. Nothing makes sense because rather than adapting the story to the screen with a structure that allows the story from the page to work on screen, the MCU is basically doing nothing more than throwing things against a wall and seeing what sticks, and the stuff that doesn't usually ends up in the trash, like Age of Ultron, Civil War, the Inhumans, or Agent Carter, or the Netflix shows.

Oh, and I agree with you about Captain America. Cap would never do what he did in the end. First of all, the Super Soldier serum prevents him from aging, so he wouldn't be an old man. Second, he'd never abandon the Avengers to go back in time and be with Peggy because that could and would alter the future in ways he couldn't predict. There's a reason why he's never done this in the comics. Steve is supposed to be with Sharon Carter, not Peggy.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they've really mishandled Sharon in the movies. I can't remember if it was the Russos or the writers who said Sharon was the "wrong" Carter in one of the interviews, but that really made me want to punch them in the throats. The way they had to keep pounding us over the head in Endgame that Peggy was the love of Steve's life as if we would forget it if they didn't keep saying it made me puke lol. During the therapy session scene, everyone was talking about a loved one that they lost during the Snap and then there was Steve talking about losing Peggy, someone who died naturally from old age and that he helped bury and had already mourned 2 years before the Snap even happened. I wanted to throttle Steve and the writers. And every time he brought that compass out, I wanted to smash it.

They've been very dismissive of Sharon in the hopes that we will buy into the idea that Steggy is some great love story. I can't really get behind it though because it reeks of Steve seeing Peggy as some great trophy to win. She was 49 when they time traveled and Steve saw her through the blinds, but through his gaze she still looked like she did when he saw her last in 1945. She's already married with kids by the 70s, so when he made the decision to stay in the past to be with Peggy, he chose a time period before she meets her husband. He doesn't love Peggy, he loves the Peggy he's made ideal in his mind. And now they're trying to say Steve was the husband and father of Peggy's kids this whole time which honestly doesn't even make sense according to their time travel rules that they can't even agree on lmao. Sure Steve deserves to be happy, but now he's just really selfish imo.

Anyway, I really hope Sharon gets her due in the new Falcon & Winter Soldier show, but I know better than to get my hopes up.

Last edited by miranstarr; 03-21-2020 at 11:47 AM
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

See im interested to see how they will i cooperate x men and ff into mwrvel world . They need to explain why they havent showed up before?.

Endgame was good but i preferred Infinity wars way more loved that movie more as a whole.

But i got to admit the who Cap storyline makes no sense , and oh Sharon got so much hate even emily did like i dont get why fans will attach the actress she has nothing to do with the way the story goes .

Winter soldier and falcom better make her look good she got pushed aside and it was wrong
Old 03-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think she'll be in it, but probably won't have much of a role other than helping Bucky and Sam once in while when they run into trouble.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you, Mee. Sharon was mishandled because of Kevin Feige. For the Russos to call her "the wrong Carter" is BS. How can she be the wrong Carter? Again, use logic. Peggy Carter is dead. She lived during WWII. It makes no sense for Steve Rogers to end up with her because it's stupid. Let's say Steve goes back in time to be with her. So what... does that mean he's just gonna stop being Captain America and just watch as future events unfold? Of course not. If he went back in time he'd continue to be Captain American well into the 1950s and 60s, and the timeline as it happened would cease to exist. That was a dumb idea on the part of the Russos, and I think Kevin Feige was instrumental in it because he's got a Peggy fetish. Like I said, Feige is trying to remake Marvel in his own image and it's not his to remake. He's just a studio executive who happens to know a lot about comics, but he's not an artist or a storyteller.

And this is the reason why I'm not looking forward to X-Men or FF in the MCU because I shudder to think what Feige will do to them. And I agree that Sharon getting hate is insane because Steve and Sharon are the canonical couple in the comics. Steve would never give up being Captain America and he certainly wouldn't travel back in time like that. He'd always look forward. I don't like Sharon getting her due on Falcon and Winter Soldier because she should've gotten her due in the Captain America movies. This is why I despise Feige. This is also the reason why Joss Whedon left the MCU, because he couldn't stand Feige's interference.

And as I stated on the Thanos thread, the MCU is cutting way too many characters out of their stories. They cut Adam Warlock out of the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thanos storyline. They cut Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne out of the Avengers and the Ultron storyline. They keep making Peter Parker a punk teenager instead of the 20-something adult he is in the comics, limiting his range as a character in the films. They do Thanos without first establishing the Elders of the Universe, the Eternals, and the Celestials, all of whom are essential to this storyline. The dilute the Kree-Skrull War storyline, they omit the Korvac storyline, they cut Wonder Man, She-Hulk, and Tigra out of the story. I mean... who the hell do they think they are? And let's not forget the unforgivable omission of Mar-Vell.

The Death of Captain Marvel was one of my favorite comics. That's what I dislike about the movie, they didn't even include Mar-Vell in his own story. Having him die of cancer and Carol inherit the mantle from her lover would've been quite an emotional and dramatic storyline.

The version they made was based on an alternate universe storyline that was written by a female comic book writer who wanted to write a story that had Carol "embracing her power and feminist status, and a rejection of the idea that Mar-Vell had to be the one who created Captain Marvel." Really? What she really meant was a rejection that a man had to be the one to create Captain Marvel. But a man did create him - Stan Lee and Gene Conlin, and then Conlin and another writer created Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel. That to me is a rather petulant reason for altering the story, the idea that women can't be strong if they owe anything to a man or associate with men.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh was there a banter between whedon and Feige?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh was there a banter between whedon and Feige?
Yeah, on Age of Ultron. Feige interfered a lot with that film, and Whedon left the MCU afterwards, saying that the movie "broke him." He's not the only one who quit the MCU. The Russo brothers are still around because they kiss Feige's ass.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, on Age of Ultron. Feige interfered a lot with that film, and Whedon left the MCU afterwards, saying that the movie "broke him." He's not the only one who quit the MCU. The Russo brothers are still around because they kiss Feige's ass.
Oh that sucks i do lpve whedon but i like the brothers to .. so im torn
Old 08-04-2020, 07:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

:bumping: might talk about shield
Old 08-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, you don't like where it's heading, Petra?
Old 08-05-2020, 10:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Ah, you don't like where it's heading, Petra?
more or less some of the people have issues with certain characters and what they have done and better than discussing it in the episode thread we can here .

I am abit behind but i love it so far but i am missing my Fitz
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top