^ No lists yet...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I think it can also be caused arguably he's like there favorite. Really, in the end, it doesn't matter what fans think cause to the Mouse Endgame already accomplish what the Mouse wanted it to accomplish. Oh, do you guys know about the What If? animated series on Disney+ that Feige announced? Seems episode 1 is what if Peggy was Captain America, and Steve was Iron Man?
Oh I've heard of that
Old 06-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Here it is.
Quote:
During Disney's Investor Day that debuted the first look at Disney+, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige took the stage to discuss what his brand of the Mouse House would be bringing to the service. He confirmed reports that a What If series is in development, but also shared details on the very first episode. The debut episode will show a world in which Peggy Carter became a super soldier instead of Steve Rogers, which allows Steve to become the first ever Iron Man with a suit made by Howard Stark. The original actors - Hayley Atwell, Chris Evans, and Dominic Cooper - are likely to return to voice their roles.
https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...gers-iron-man/
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

So it will be a cartoon?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like it. It actually sounds exciting. Oh, since it looks like Dark Phoenix might be a box office flop I guess it's a good thing that it'll be like 5 years until MCU X-Men. I just hope Dark Phoenix doesn't end up causing them to not use Jean in the MCU.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Sounds like it. It actually sounds exciting. Oh, since it looks like Dark Phoenix might be a box office flop I guess it's a good thing that it'll be like 5 years until MCU X-Men. I just hope Dark Phoenix doesn't end up causing them to not use Jean in the MCU.
Yes I love x men but they have had a lot of mods but I don't mind that marvel taking them I just wish we had the same actors
Old 06-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think the MCU would love to do a take on Jean Grey. She's such an interesting character and seems right up their ally. The X-Men franchise started out pretty promising, but the last few films seems to have lost their way.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully, cause this is just depressing for an X-Men fan and of course a Jean fan.
Quote:
Box Office: ‘Dark Phoenix’ Has Worst Opening in X-Men History
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/b...ry-1203236658/
Quote:
Disney/Fox’s Dark Phoenix came in below pre-weekend projections with an international box office opening of $107M in 53 markets. Combined with a heavily singed domestic bow, the global debut is $140M. The Simon Kinberg-helmed pic is currently running behind both of the last installments overseas, X-Men: Apocalypse (-27%) and X-Men: Days Of Future Past (-19%). It’s No. 1 worldwide, and No. 1 in 36 offshore markets, but audiences essentially gave it the bird amid lousy reviews and social media reaction.

China leads all play with $45.6M which in today’s rates is 28% bigger than Days Of Future Past, but 15% less than Apocalypse, each of which had three-day bows. Dark Phoenix opened in the Middle Kingdom on Thursday, looking to take advantage of the Dragon Boat Festival. It had a decent hike on Friday, the first full day of the holiday, but then saw a 30%+ drop on Saturday, and was down again today, by about 39% which resulted in a start below projections as we earlier wrote.
Quote:
The bird’s trajectory was impacted by social scores with Maoyan at 7.7 and Douban at 6.1. During the course of the weekend, Maoyan lowered its final full-run China estimate for the Phoenix to a scorched $60.5M. China was the lead home for the last two X-Men, as well as Logan, but Dark Phoenix’s wings were certainly clipped there.

Elsewhere, the numbers are low. Korea came in behind China, all the way down at $5.7M (and against the continued success of Parasite and Aladdin there) with Mexico ($5M), the UK ($4.9M) and France ($3.8M) rounding out the Top 5.

This is a competitive landscape, for sure, but the expensive Dark Phoenix had been through reshoots and release date changes and ultimately resulted in a movie that drew the lowest RT score domestically for any X-Men title. Certainly, as Anthony has noted, franchise fatigue (like with Godzilla last weekend) is a factor when the films aren’t good or in high demand. After Apocalypse, which was not well-received, this can also be seen as a retaliatory reaction from moviegoers.

Cathleen Taff, who is Disney’s President of Theatrical Distribution, Franchise Management and Business & Audience Insights, says, “A great cast and filmmaking team tried to bring the franchise to an epic conclusion and it’s disappointing to see it’s not connecting… I think what’s going to matter is in terms of how these films will be remembered, hopefully it’s the combination and not the opening of the last one.”

It’s a bummer for a Fox title to go out like this (and much of the cast put in a lot of overseas promotion effort). But it wasn’t really clear who the movie was for as some believe the franchise has deteriorated over time. Ultimately, it’s expected to generate a loss, but it also brings the X-Men under the Disney Marvel roof.
https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...ce-1202629752/
Old 06-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I actually think the MCU would love to do a take on Jean Grey. She's such an interesting character and seems right up their ally. The X-Men franchise started out pretty promising, but the last few films seems to have lost their way.
I like the X Men films, I just wish they cared about continuity more. The films could be better though. The last X Men films I didn't like were X Men 3 and Wolverine: Origins. Many people bash Apocalypse but I liked it. I do hate they abandoned the original cast after DOFP, I prefer them to the First Class cast IMO. I might see Dark Phoenix next weekend but I stopped being excited for the movie when they kept pushing it back and they also kept showing they lost faith in the movie and just didn't care about it. If they screwed up the Dark Phoenix Saga AGAIN, I'm just glad I got my X Men TAS DVDs. They did both Phoenix Sagas right. I look forward to the MCU doing the X Men now. I mostly just want them to do Storm and Rogue right cause they suck in the films. Plus, give me a decent Gambit and my Gambit/Rogue. Those were my biggest gripes about the X Men films, besides the lack of continuity.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow about Dark Phoenix!
Old 06-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After ‘Dark Phoenix’ Bombs, Where Does ‘X-Men’ Go From Here?
Quote:
When Disney announced its $71.3 billion acquisition of Fox, X-Men was among the film properties that had executives at the Magic Kingdom frothing at the mouth. The historic merger meant that the Fox-owned band of mutant superheroes could reunite with its comic-book brethren in Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was the kind of super team-up that had the potential to be one of the most lucrative crossovers of all time — a rare chance to see Cyclops and Professor X aligned with Spider-Man and Black Panther.

After “Dark Phoenix” became the first “X-Men” entry to flop spectacularly at the box office, the future of the 20-year-old film franchise looks murkier. The superhero adventure misfired with a disastrous $33 million in North America, by far the worst opening for an “X-Men” title. Compounding matters, it cost a hefty $200 million to produce. That doesn’t even take into account the hundreds of millions in global marketing and distribution fees it incurred. “Dark Phoenix” had a slightly stronger start overseas, but even so, it would take a miracle for it to turn a profit. As it stands, box office watchers think that the film could lose $100 million.
Quote:
It’s a really important franchise,” said Paul Dergarabedian, a senior media analyst at Comscore. “We’ve seen a lot of franchise fatigue lately, and this is no different. But giving up on a series because one movie underperforms is not the way to go, and not the route Disney will take.”

They should be be in good hands under the leadership of Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios. Over the past decade, Disney’s comic-book empire has developed a reputation for churning out superhero fare that’s beloved by fans. They also have a tendency to make a pretty penny at the box office. Though “Dark Phoenix” was plagued by harsh reviews, a number of “X-Men” entries have also enjoyed critical raves and even an Oscar nomination in the case of “Logan.” Reviews, at least in the superhero genre, aren’t a factor that always translate into poor ticket sales. But in the case of “Dark Phoenix,” comic-book buffs seemed equally disappointed, giving it a mediocre B-CinemaScore. When looking at the future of X-Men, it can’t hurt to take a page from Feige’s playbook and lean into the fandom roots.
Quote:
“They are not going to get rid of these characters,” Dergarabedian said. “The box office performance is not a mandate against X-Men.”

The X-Men may not have to hang up their suits for good, but expect Disney to hold off on new mutant adventures for the foreseeable future. Marvel is busy creating sequels to hit films such as “Black Panther” and “Doctor Strange,” while launching fresh franchises based around characters like “The Eternals.” Figuring out what to do with the X-Men, a super-group that’s lost its luster, is a challenge that will have to wait for another day.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/a...re-1203237107/
Old 06-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

i love X-men and i do enjoy the movies i do agree the continuity was the thing that lets it down but i still enjoy the movies . I wish we got the full force of Jean and Dark Phoenix cause she is pretty powerful and i really want to see that on the big screen .

Saying that i do want to watch the lsat movie i just want to see it , how it ends , im a fan and always will be . I wished we could keep the cast for the MCU world i love them so but we have no idea when they will be introduced in the MCU world
Old 06-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I'll try to see it this weekend to see it for myself and cause it's the end of an era but in general I just wasn't excited for the film anymore. Every time they pushed it back, my excitement and interest died more and more. They should of just released it in November like they were supposed to. It's also obvious their lying about things, like changing the ending cause it was supposedly too similar to Captain Marvel. This was supposed to come out months before CM, so that's bs. Fox has always been shady anyway, this is giving me vibes of how they shat on JT's 2015 Fantastic 4 movie. IE going behind his back to reshoot and redo his entire movie, then releasing that waste of a turd of a film just to keep the rights SMH. If they didn't tarnish his film I think the film could of been better but I guess these things are a blessing in disguise (just like TASM 2 bombing and getting negative reviews being what gets Spiderman in the MCU) cause now they can finally be in the MCU where they belong. It would of made more money too, cause the summer movie season is just too jam packed. People are going to see other things, that was another way they screwed themselves. They also didn't build up to The Phoenix Saga. We just met this Jean in the last film, along with many other characters like Cyclops. We didn't see them fall in love and be together for a while. We didn't really see the relationships form so if she most likely dies, it's kind of like who cares? lol. Fox showed the last few months they didn't give a damn about this film and literally just DUMPED it. I'm sure they knew it would bomb and they didn't care, but again it could of done better if they weren't such idiots with how they handled things. They have shown this so many times with Dark Phoenix and 2015's Fantastic 4. It was one of the reasons I didn't like Fox having the rights and am now glad the rights are back with Marvel, who knows what they are doing.

I'm not worried about the X Men or the Fantastic 4 being fine in the MCU. Look at how they breathed new life into Spiderman. After TASM 2, people were done with Spiderman in films (myself included. I'm so glad they skipped his origins cause I didn't want to watch Uncle Ben get shot for the 89386478479th time) but they made him their own and made him interesting again. It is also nice to see him be in high school and still a kid for a longer time. So I can easily see the MCU do the same for the X Men and FF. There was a stink on Spiderman after TASM 2 like I said, and they did Spiderman and his film made a bunch of money and got great reviews. The MCU makes great movies and releases great content, they don't let their fans down with each movie. So even if they wait five years or more to put the X Men or FF in the MCU (which I still don't buy that they will wait that long) I guarantee both franchises will make a crap load of money and redeem these characters. I can't wait to see the MCU versions of The X Men and FF.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 06-10-2019 at 11:12 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Well, seems this article explains what happened behind the scenes of it. https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top