Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 10:55 PM
The True Queen

these films are made to attract every possible demographic for one purpose only, to generate as much revenue/profit as possible, to offset the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on salaries, production, effects, and promotion. movies are a business, the art is second, unfortunately. since it is pretty useless to bang your head against the hollywood corporate machine, it is better to look at the positive side of getting some of the greatest comic-book scenes/stories/characters put on the silver screen, no matter the changes or context. this is not the 70s, it is 2019 and things are much different now. i like the films, and if i have any minor quibbles with them, i always have the source material (comics) and can go read them any time.

Marvel MCU is still batting .1000 in my book!

may we meet again. | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I think that Kevin Feige and the people at Marvel have no respect for the comic book source material at all, especially with how they've treated Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter. I have no idea why Marvel Studios has so much reverence for Peggy Carter, a character who's been dead for decades and whom comic book fans could care less about, but omitting the Steve/Sharon storyline from the comics and going with this Steve/Peggy stuff is more of Kevin Feige being a petulant jerk who wants to remake Marvel in his own image rather than respect the legacy of Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby, without whom there would be no MCU and Feige wouldn't have a job.
Well, MCU Peggy became a fan favorite character, and MCU Steve/Peggy became one of the best romances of the MCU.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Comics and most books are always to mostly different to the screen presentation of it .

I have loved the way Marvel has done their world they adapted it to be a movie a it has done well in that way but i do understand if some comic fans will dislike the changes done it they are true fans to the comics .

I know ive had so many books turned into movies 90% aint the same as the books it can't be done into the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
since it is pretty useless to bang your head against the hollywood corporate machine,
This is a big thing Hollywood are more interested in what sells and how they can sell it
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I'm not a big fan of Steve's ending at all, but I can still enjoy most of the movie.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Well, I'm not a big fan of Steve's ending at all, but I can still enjoy most of the movie.
Yeah I mean I get why people hated it .. but i understand why they did it . Why he chose Peggy in the end .. I honestly thought he was going to die
Old 06-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Steve's ending kinda reminded me a bit of Bruce's ending from Rises. Which I both loved/liked. Honestly, besides Steve's storyline, I kinda didn't like what happened in Endgame.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Steve's ending kinda reminded me a bit of Bruce's ending from Rises. Which I both loved/liked. Honestly, besides Steve's storyline, I kinda didn't like what happened in Endgame.
Well I wished Natasha and Tony lived but j understand their sacrifice
Old 06-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Well I wished Natasha and Tony lived but j understand their sacrifice
I understand their sacrifice as well, and I still don't like that she didn't get a funeral.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes me to . I felt she deserved more for sure .

Did you like fat Thor?
Old 06-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

I liked the message that it's not the outside that counts but the inside or something like that. Also while I understand Prof. Hulk I kinda prefer the old Hulk. Really besides Tony Endgame felt more like Steve's movie to me, and the ending felt like a classic Disney fairytale happy ending to me as well.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be honest with y'all, I couldn't even look at Steve the second time I watched the movie. Everytime he was on screen I shifted my focus to something in the background, that's how disappointed I was in Steve's actions at the end of the movie. I've come to grips with it, but I still don't like it.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Why?
Old 06-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

interesting how many people didmt like steve in this movie i still love Steve but i would of prefered a different ending . But i still didnt mind it
Old 06-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I liked the message that it's not the outside that counts but the inside or something like that. Also while I understand Prof. Hulk I kinda prefer the old Hulk. Really besides Tony Endgame felt more like Steve's movie to me, and the ending felt like a classic Disney fairytale happy ending to me as well.
Same here and it was very selfish move of him plus I saw one good ass post and they should say it bec it's how "American" view him as white men who get away w/ everything as long he has it.. Which that give big sign YIKES..

Steph/credit: meraki
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Same here and it was very selfish move of him plus I saw one good ass post and they should say it bec it's how "American" view him as white men who get away w/ everything as long he has it.. Which that give big sign YIKES..
I think it can also be caused arguably he's like there favorite. Really, in the end, it doesn't matter what fans think cause to the Mouse Endgame already accomplish what the Mouse wanted it to accomplish. Oh, do you guys know about the What If? animated series on Disney+ that Feige announced? Seems episode 1 is what if Peggy was Captain America, and Steve was Iron Man?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top