I can't wait!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

super excited for that maria episodes are the best episodes

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can she hurry up and come back so she can open a can of whoop ass on Ward?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maria Hill showed up on marvels agents of shield tonight . On video conference with coulson . He was able to get the location of the Tesseract . Tells her , as the ep ends , time to call The Avengers . There was a Question about her and Avengers , on the hey just of shield bored , If the Avengers knew he was alive . Pretty clear know ..
Old 04-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll have to catch up!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

according to Joss, AoS doesn't exist in the MCU

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish Maria had more to do in the movie.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Romanoff (View Post)
according to Joss, AoS doesn't exist in the MCU
But then he's wrong because it does exist. What a weird thing to say.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Especially since he is one of the creators. Is he trying to distance himself from the show?
Old 05-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Cobie Smulders Women's Health Magazine Cover May 2015 | POPSUGAR Fitness
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Especially since he is one of the creators. Is he trying to distance himself from the show?
I think he either didn't express himself correctly or it's taken out of context. I don't think he meant AoS doesn't exist in MCU. He said something like as far as the Avengers are concerned Coulson is dead, which as we've seen in the movie, he's dead....to the team but Hill and Fury who work with the Avengers certainly know the truth and there's currently no plans to reveal him them.

But then Joss later posted on twitter or instagram a pic showing Coulson, quoting him in S1 talking about this very thing, that he didn't want the Avengers to know because they had their mission and he had his and at the bottom of that was a cryptic line that maybe this won't remain the case for long and all hell breaks loss or whatever. The whole thing is weird. I don't think he'd diss his brother's show but then he's been dissing a whole bunch of Marvel movies, so maybe Jed got on his bad side, who knows.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Which movies has he been dissing? I don't really follow him so I don't know what he's been saying.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Iron Man 2 and he wasn't happy with the changes to ant man, he said something about the original script being better. I can't remember if there's anything else Marvel related but he also said jurassic world was sexist based on the trailer. He also said Marvel wasn't happy about him bringing Coulson back, when he wrote the pilot, he didn't know they were going to blow up SHIELD in TWS. There seems to be a basic lack of communication between everybody and Joss is washing his hands off the mess and expressing himself a bit too freely, possibly caused by fatigue or as some people claim is typical post production Joss behaviour. This is supposedly not the first time he's done this sort of thing, according to some people, which I get.

He said after recently watching the first Avengers movie with his kids he saw the problems surrounding bringing Coulson back from the dead because he was the catalyst for bringing the team together but unfortunately for him he is back from the dead, he can't unring that bell just because he feels Coulson living cheapens his death in the movie. That's the reason Coulson is still "dead" in the MCU (despite the show proving otherwise), plus the fact that regular movie goers won't understand how he's alive if he simply walks onto a movie.

I actually saw this first hand with one of my cousins that doesn't watch the show. We watched the episode leading to AoU as a group and the moment she saw Coulson she was surprised, she couldn't understand how he was alive. I didn't even bother to explain it to her, I just told her he was and that was the end of it. Where Marvel is concerned bringing people back from the dead is not such a problem that Joss is making it out to be, people will roll with it as long as the movie keeps going and if they're really confused there's always Google. With him taking a break from Marvel in a rather dubious way, Coulson may very well end up back in the movies to prove a point or maybe won't be back in the movies but I don't think he'll be as "dead" as Joss reckons for future projects because Marvel insists on everything being connected, something I'm starting to think will bite them in the ass because they are essentially stripping all creative freedom away from these movie makers just to sell a shared universe. You only have to looks at AoS season 1 to see it and the same problems afflicting the show in S1 are there but less apparent in S2. The show is used as a marketing tool instead of being allowed to stand on its own, in its own portion of the shared universe like Agent Carter and Daredevil. The show almost stands still as it waits to connect to the films, something that is very detrimental to the show.

ETA:

Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-04-2015 at 06:56 AM
Old 05-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want the Avengers to find out he's alive, but I really don't need him to show up in the movies again. I'd rather some of them show up in the show (not that that's gonna happen anytime soon) because there's only 2 hours to shove everything into in a movie and I feel like they don't need to shoehorn Coulson in.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

They need to be aware he's alive even if we never see their initial reaction. Them remaining in the dark, makes them look stupid, particularly Tony who has all these resources at his disposal but hasn't picked up on Coulson being alive. Coulson doesn't need to be back in the movies but they must stop treating his resurrection as some sort of state super secret when we see that he doesn't do that himself.

The movie could've had a line from both Hill and Fury that they got the intel and maybe even the helicarier from the remnants of Shield (Coulson and Gonzalez by extension), then in the end when they demand Fury explain the whole Coulson is alive, he'd be evasive about it so he wouldn't need to tell them the whole story about TAHITI protocol because that would be information overload and completely unnecessary for the movie.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top