Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched some Marvel tv trailers. Did this some months back too. It's how I get an idea of what the shows are like, apart from being familiar withy many of the actors and knowing the characters. I've learned to be able to tell a lot from a trailer.

I have to say I like Jessica Jones, despite the character being from after the period of comics I focus on. I like the actress and she's good. She was good in Breaking Bad, even though her character was an eejit (feeding Jesse heroin). I like the actress's style, her offhand, ironic, bored attitude. The show looks like one of the most promising of the shows. The other good one is Luke Cage. Good actor there. Convincing. Iron Fist and Daredevil of course have lead actors who come off way too soft and wimpy to be playing those characters. Not very good actors either. Oh and Defenders looks like it might be good too, thanks to the presence of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. They cast Scott Glenn as Stick, who's a legendary Daredevil character, and that's very good casting.

Also watched the trailer Agents of Shield, which looks to me like the weak tv cousin of the worst MCU movies. Waste of time.

I've been keeping away from superhero shows, because there's far too many of them, but I'm considering getting into Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders sometime. Daredevil and Iron Fist can get stuffed.

Btw, has anybody noticed how Charlie Cox looks awful in that Daredevil mask? With his head shape it just doesn't look right on him. Plus I can't stand how the show's Elektra sounds when she talks.

Last edited by sum1; 08-20-2017 at 07:11 PM
Old 08-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Banned

Like Thor's and Loki's father. Was good seeing him in movies
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched some of Jessica Jones. It's good. Krysten Ritter is great in the role. She brings personality, strength and relatable vulnerability to the character. I love the attitude she gives the character. I saw that in her Breaking Bad performances too. The acting and character portrayal is good all around in the show and it has atmosphere and flavour. It's geared to a considerably older audience than most superhero movies and tv shows. I think the Netflix Marvel shows are in general. Mike Colter plays Luke Cage in Jessica Jones and he's good. He has the confidence necessary to make his character's invulnerability believable. Strong presence, sympathetic. In the comics Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are married with a kid.

David Tennant does very well as the Purple Man in the show. He was a crap Doctor on Doctor Who, but he's real good in this. He makes the guy so creepy and psycho. The Purple Man isn't half so scary in the comics. The story of the Purple Man abusing Jessica Jones is from the comics. In the comics he's not just dressed in purple, he actually is purple-skinned. I'm glad the didn't go with that here. This show gives a very good portrayal of how horrible mind control is ("is" rather than "would be" because it kind of exists in the real world as brainwashing and other stuff). If anybody thinks the Jedi Mind Trick is innocent they should watch this show.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

dp
Old 08-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agents of Shield is awful now. I think if they could have worked on some stuff during the first season it would be better. I gave up after season 2. I tried watching a few eps from season 3, but too many characters, too much stuff happening in one episode, and way too much Grant Ward effectively killed the show for me.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

From what I saw of Agents of Shield it's Inhumans-level crap.

I'm making it through the Netflix shows now. Jessica Jones is very well made with great lead. Luke Cage is good with a great lead. Daredevil is so-so. I'm struggling to get through two seasons of it. It's let down by a very bland, tame lead in Charlie Cox. The Kingpin in season 1 was a terrible rendition of the character. The Punisher and Elektra in season 2 are great. I'm looking forward to Jon Bernthal's own Punisher show.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like Iron Fist that much. Danny Rand needed a much better actor to play him.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like Iron Fist that much. Danny Rand needed a much better actor to play him.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Finn Jones isn't much use. I was never that keen on the character anyway, but they really miscast. They also made the show unnecessarily slow. The best thing in the show (at least in what I've seen so far) is Jessica Henwick's performance as Colleen Wing.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't started The Defenders yet cause I'm behind on the others (JJ, Daredevil, etc)...with Iron First I didn't even get past the pilot...
Old 09-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

His supporting cast saved the show from being a total train wreck.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I think his cuteness saved it
Old 09-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

He's ok I guess.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I liked him in The Defenders more
Old 09-11-2017, 03:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hope I do, too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top