Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing that over, Fran!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww happy that Harley made the list too.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's nice to see he hasn't been forgotten.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the vid!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Lyndell!
I had missed that one - will watch it in a second.

The Best Plot Twists Of 2013 | Features | Empire
Quote:
TREVOR SLATTERY (IRON MAN 3)

Bad guy Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) is trying to develop and one day market an amazing new compound that allows injuries to be completely healed and lost limbs to be regenerated intact. So far, so good – but the compound has the unfortunate side-effect of sometimes becoming destabilised and making people explode like furnaces.
Instead of returning to animal trials or something, Killian invents a terrorist called The Mandarin and explains away these occasional explosions as the result of this fiend’s campaign. This obviously works better when someone explodes in public places and less well if they’re in, say, a small apartment or a remote cabin. Still, everyone seems to buy it.

Still Unexplained: Why doesn’t he stay in beta testing until the horrific explosions side effect is dealt with? The fiery glow and spiking temperatures seem like issues that wouldn’t get past the FDA approval process anyway, so why does Killian have a launch date for his treatment?

Who doesn’t know where Croydon is? The city is a beacon of light and culture.

Does this mean the Mandarin isn’t connected to the Ten Rings group we saw in the first film?

Is Ben Kingsley really the Mandarin after all, so that Trevor was all an elaborate ruse? Part of us really, really hopes that’s the premise of a fourth Iron film.

Logic Points: 7/10 – it’s a decent cover-up, but we still don’t understand how it got that far.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting, Fran! This seems to be the most talked about plot point in the movie.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. Lots of people adored it, but there is a consistent part of fandom who felt a bit cheated by the whole thing.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. You can't satisfy everyone and I think they realize that.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am in the camp who found it cool, but I can see why it might've baffled others.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't have a problem with it either. I actually think it works better in this context. Americans are always taught to fear the outsiders, when really, we should be more worried about what's brewing on the homefront.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind it but I guess there must be a bunch of haters with every single change in the movies from the comics

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind change. This is the movie universe. They don't need to follow everything the comics does. That would take foreeeeeeeever to do. And they have some weird ass storylines.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. If you think a storyline is weak on its own, ok, but if you only judge or dismiss it because it didn't follow comics canon, hmm.

IAR'S TOP TEN FILMS OF 2013 - iamROGUE.com
Quote:
6) Iron Man 3

The best superhero movie of the year, period! Where many franchises loose steam by the third movie, Iron Man 3 did two things right. One, rather than making a direct sequel to the underwhelming Iron Man 2, they examined what made the character great in the first place and capitalized on how the he had grown in the aftermath of the events of The Avengers. Two, they hired Shane Black, a director/co-writer who brought his own unique style of filmmaking to the project. If you loved Black’s Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, then you’ll really LOVE Iron Man 3! In fact, the film felt more like a Shane Black movie that just happened to have Iron Man in it, than an Iron Man movie that Shane Black was hired to direct. From the lead character’s voice over narration, to its flashback storytelling, Christmas time theme, and buddy-cop movie comedic moments, this was a Shane Black film through and through. Robert Downey Jr. once again proves that only he can play Tony Stark on screen, and the actor brought more depth and honesty to the character than ever before. While some hardcore comic book fans were not amused by the direction in which Black and his co-writer Drew Pearce took Iron Man’s main rogue The Mandarin (both frighteningly and hilariously played by Sir Ben Kingsley), I can appreciate why it perfectly fit the tone of this film and threw a curveball to any comic book fans who thought they knew what to expect. Finally, the movie’s end credit scene served for a great laugh, as well as an unforgettable Marvel cameo.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting, Fran!