Heroes

I really hope it's as good as they're hyping it to be
Old 08-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 08-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it's opening TIFF so I hope it does well! Here's a review from the TIFF website.

Quote:
THE JUDGE

A big-city lawyer (Robert Downey, Jr.) returns home when his estranged father, a small-town judge (Robert Duvall), is accused of murder.

Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall lead a cast of Hollywood heavyweights in this tough and rousing drama about the searing clashes that carve a rift between father and son — and the unexpected crisis that may just help to bridge it.

When slick Chicago defence attorney Hank Palmer (Downey) returns to his Indiana hometown to bury his mother, her passing proves only the precursor to greater upheaval. Hank's father, Judge Joseph Palmer (Duvall), stands accused of murder, alleged to have run down a former defendant whom he failed to convict, and who later committed a heinous crime. Despite their bitterly dysfunctional relationship, Hank agrees to take his father's case. But he is up against a formidable opponent in Dwight Dickham (Billy Bob Thornton), the local prosecutor who knows how to use Judge Palmer's reputation against him. The ensuing trial is an electrifying display of lawyerly ingenuity and familial tension.

Coming back down to earth after reaching the stratosphere as Iron Man, Downey retains the grace, charisma, and impeccable wit that made him such a singular star. Duvall — who will also grace our Mavericks stage for a conversation about his illustrious career — shows that his ability to find the cracks in even the most hardened characters remains peerless. And the outstanding supporting cast, including Vincent D'Onofrio and Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga, helps to create a multi-faceted portrait of a world so different from the cosmopolitan milieu Hank normally calls home.

Directed by David Dobkin, whose breakthrough feature, Clay Pigeons, screened at the Festival in 1998, The Judge is much more than a courtroom procedural. It puts a lifetime of family grievances on trial, finding no one wholly innocent — and everyone worthy of a second chance.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

It's opening it...oo..good..also Indio is in rehab
Old 08-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for posting I can't wait to watch it

Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's got a great cast.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

I gotta admit that's not the kinda movie I usually see in theaters
Old 08-31-2014, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. I usually watch the action movies and big blockbusters. And the animated ones.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I try to watch more movies in the cinema but most of the times my friends will only watch big blockbuster movies with me

Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, still not expecting Iron Man 4 until 2017 and beyond.

Quote:
'Iron Man 4' Release Date, Cast Latest: Will Robert Downey Jr Reprise Superhero Role?

Even though many Marvel fans would like to see Robert Downey Jr. assume the role of Iron Man in all the films to come, that is not the case as the actor recently spoke up about the matter.

While the brilliant, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist will carry on zooming around cinema screens for several more years, Downey may simply not be the actor behind the mask. However, his ambiguous responses when asked about it signal that he must be under some Marvel contract of secrecy about the character's future.

Responding to a question from Entertainment Weekly about his part in a possible 'Iron Man 4', Downey said, "It's that thing of: Why give up the belt when it feels like you can barely get jabbed?"

Considering how profitable the 'Iron Man' film franchise is, Downey insinuated that the series will probably not stop at the third film, "It's down to Kevin [Feige] and Ike [Perlmutter] and Disney to come to us with what the proposal is, and that's on us to agree or disagree," Downey said, "When things are going great, there's a lot of agreement."

Talking to Variety, he said, "The smart money is you have to look at everybody's age. I'll put myself at the top of the list," adding, "Sooner or later, they've got to start over and get somebody young. I'm not there with them yet. It really is the closest thing to being a beloved contract player with a big old-timey studio that there is right now. When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks."

Moving ahead, Marvel Studios seems to have four options, which include retaining Downey, casting a new Iron Man, moving on to Arno Stark, or end the franchise for good. However, the last of these options seem to be extremely unlikely, especially considering the box office numbers of 'Iron Man 3'.

However, Iron Man fans will need to be patient, as they will have to wait until after May 2015 to learn what the future has in store for Downey and Stark.