Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
well, that prediction was a bit off. lol.
a lot off ... now we wait
Old 12-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

i feel like we're nothing but pawns on the Russo Bros chess board, lol. release the Krakken, er i mean trailer!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Old 12-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, let's see how it goes!!
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh come on, they can find a better Asian character than that. Shang Chi was just a two-dimensional Bruce Lee ripoff. Which is why they did absolutely nothing with him for about a decade from about 1987-1996. Talk about blatant stereotyping. When they get the X-Men franchise they'll have a bunch of better Asian characters, like Jubilee and Sunfire.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Oh come on, they can find a better Asian character than that. Shang Chi was just a two-dimensional Bruce Lee ripoff. Which is why they did absolutely nothing with him for about a decade from about 1987-1996. Talk about blatant stereotyping. When they get the X-Men franchise they'll have a bunch of better Asian characters, like Jubilee and Sunfire.
who woudl be a better character??
Old 12-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Apart from X-Verse characters? Well, they could make a movie about the version of Colleen Wing they developed on Netflix. She was great. Certainly in 20th century comics I'm most familiar with, Marvel didn't have many good Asian/Asian-background characters outside of the X-Verse. They need to invent new ones, but they probably have since my day. The question is why aren't they using them in movies, instead of Shang Chi, who's got pretty much no personality, no anything. They're selling audiences of Asian background short if all they can offer them is Shang Chi.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he's not that great in the comics, but here's the thing: the movies absolutely do not reflect the comics 100% so they can always rework him. Marvel is probably counting on the Chinese movie market a little too much though.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

We finally got it

Old 12-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Maybe he's not that great in the comics, but here's the thing: the movies absolutely do not reflect the comics 100% so they can always rework him. Marvel is probably counting on the Chinese movie market a little too much though.
Most of the movies big or small do big #’s in Asia . Hey even Middle East Saudi Arabia . Had a few Movie companies pulled out of showing there movies . That is a new market with that Country lifting restrictions ..
Russo Brothers as of last week,said Avengers end game ,as they edit it is 3 hrs long
Old 12-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Most of the movies big or small do big #’s in Asia . Hey even Middle East Saudi Arabia . Had a few Movie companies pulled out of showing there movies . That is a new market with that Country lifting restrictions ..
Russo Brothers as of last week,said Avengers end game ,as they edit it is 3 hrs long
I hope it stays 3 hours long !
Old 12-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it stay 3 hours too.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 12-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Shang Chi is basically Mr Kung Fu. It's stereotyping. There's more to Chinese people than Kung Fu. The character was invented in a time when attitudes about these things were a lot more primitive. I'm sure that out of all their 57 year back catalog, Marvel can find a better, less stereotypical Asian character to make a movie about. One with a personality.

Yes, Marvel could rework him, but how much are they willing to? When they brought the Black Panther to the big screen they picked a stiff actor and thus compounded the character's biggest problem -his lack of a fully alive personality. Are they going to make a habit of selling minorities films about characters with little personality? With a lack of properly-developed personalties, these characters will stand out as condescendingly-offered tokens rather real, living, breathing characters.

In their Netflix shows Marvel has excellent minority characters, but they're shutting down that Netflix wing, so we're stuck with the Black Panther and Shang Chi, rather than superb characters like the Netflix versions of Luke Cage, Colleen Wing and Elektra. We need movies about characters like the Netflix ones.

Marvel does have some good minority heroes in their movies, like Falcon, War Machine and Nick Fury, but these are supporting characters rather than characters the films are centered on. Judging by the Black Panther movie and the proposed Shang Chi movie, when Marvel makes movies about minority characters they insist on picking characters without fully alive personalities. Maybe they'll find a good actor for Shang Chi and thus make character work, but, knowing the character, I'm not hopeful.

Last edited by sum1; 12-07-2018 at 05:27 PM
Old 12-08-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

yay for something A4 related! Endgame!

what if Endgame isn't actually the title for Avengers 4, but a four part webisode showing events directly after IW and in the interim time period up until the start of the time in Avengers 4. the four parts of the webisode are split into four trailers that each make up Endgame, and then the actual title reveal is at closing credits of Cap Marvel film in March...Carol Danvers will return in Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 12-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
yay for something A4 related! Endgame!

what if Endgame isn't actually the title for Avengers 4, but a four part webisode showing events directly after IW and in the interim time period up until the start of the time in Avengers 4. the four parts of the webisode are split into four trailers that each make up Endgame, and then the actual title reveal is at closing credits of Cap Marvel film in March...Carol Danvers will return in Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.
good theory

Last edited by Summer Falls; 12-08-2018 at 08:42 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top