Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

He was on a show with Kenneth Branagh, who was the one who casted him in Thor, so it could happen again! I guess it all depends on how high the demand is for Tom to be in GoT. I don't watch the show so I don't know

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I brought War Horse today. On mission to watch all the Tom. Just wish it wasn't as limited.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

It's a really good movie Nat! Tom's part is limited, and I was only going to watch it for him, but ended up watching the entire thing. Also Benedict Cumberbatch is also in there with Tom Too many gorgeous cheeckbones there

More on Tom getting the Total Hotlist 2012 award plus a video!

Quote:
There was an immense amount of love for Tom Hiddleston (so good as one of the year’s most hissable villains, Loki) and Avengers Assemble, with the superhero epic winning Hottest Director (for Joss Whedon), Hottest Film and Hottest Scene (‘Puny God’). On top of that, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (better known in real-life as Cobie Smulders), picked up Hottest Newcomer (Female).
Source: Tom Hiddleston and The Avengers lead the Total Film Hotlist Award winners | TotalFilm.com

It's great to see Cobie and the movie itself got one too!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So happy that Tom won!! he deserves it He has been so great this year

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

ehehehe!

x

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He does the best photoshoots . His personality always puts a smile on my face.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

His smile is so affecting

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for his win, and the other victories of The Avengers and its cast! Online publications are finally starting to realize how passionate Hiddlestoners can be, especially if voting is involved.

Thanks for posting all the Total Film stuff, Kristine!

The shot they used for inside the mag is truly fantastic. And Tom isn't wearing his semi-transparent blue shirt under the leather jacket, but a different one. Scoop!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

The pictures are fantastic! I hope more releases! Tom is so beautiful

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp1217 (View Post)
He was on a show with Kenneth Branagh, who was the one who casted him in Thor, so it could happen again! I guess it all depends on how high the demand is for Tom to be in GoT. I don't watch the show so I don't know
I am one of those people who wants Tom on GoT!

When I saw him in Henry V, I immediately thought of Robb Stark - I dunno why, but most probably because they're both yummy.

OMG THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I just want to see him on tv every week. I'll start watching GoT if he gets casted I love that Loki scene! He had so much swag in that scene definitely my favorite scene in the movie.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

GoT is the best show on TV right now

Yes. I was using it more of a reaction gif because that's what Hiddles does to my ovaries on a regular basis.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I have heard a lot of great things about GoT. I been wanting to watch it for sometime now. I love middle earth!

I think I don't have mine anymore. Thats the perfect gif for this thread title. I love this one too

x

k r i s tine | my art
Old 08-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is it with Mr. Irons having hot tv sons .
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jeremy avenging all the fangirls.

Interview for Total Film magazine:
Quote:
Tom Hiddleston was the winner of the Hottest Actor accolade in this year’s Total Film Hotlist Awards (as voted for by you), so naturally we grabbed him for a chat when we handed over his award.

A modest winner, his passion and commitment to the work was plain to see, as was his deep fondness for Loki.

You can watch Hiddleston’s acceptance video above, and read our full interview with him below to find out what he thought about his win, what he’s up to next, and what we can expect from Loki in Thor 2.

Congratulations on your award – what would you like to say to those who voted for you?

“I am absolutely astonished. To any and everyone who voted for me: Thank You. To be nominated in such exalted company was honour high enough, but this really is the icing on the cake.

“I am so proud to have all your extraordinary support – it means the world. Actors can't call themselves actors without an audience to watch them, and the idea that you're all out there and believing in the work that I do is a source of enormous pride. You're the best.”

Readers also voted for best scene where Hulk gives Loki a trouncing. Why do you think Loki made such an impression on fans?

“I don't know. In the words of Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner: “Loki’s mind is a box of cats. You can smell crazy on him”! In all seriousness though, I have received a lot of incredibly passionate and articulate letters from fans, explaining how they're drawn to Loki’s psychological and emotional complexity; that he's a villain you can almost root for; a villain you can love to hate, or hate to love.

“Underneath the steely cold veneer of his trickster charm is a certain vulnerability and sensitivity – the wounded fragility of an outcast brother and son. His mind IS a box of cats though! But I love him.”

What's the best thing about being Loki?

“The best thing about being Loki is that he is my diametric opposite. Physically, he is a photo negative of who I am. Loki is dark and pale, and I am light and fair. Also spiritually I am not much like him either. Yet I feel an incredible freedom in playing him.

“He is a combination of mercurial intellectual ability, emotional ambiguity, rakish charm, charisma and provocative wit. He has a wicked inclination to mischief, underneath which is a well of spiritual pain. Both these aspects are central to his depth as a character: his unashamed and perverse delight in creating chaos; and his capacity for raw emotional expression.

“And – as my American friends tell me – he's kind of a badass! He's one of the richest, most rewarding, most fun characters I've ever played.”

What do you hope for him in Thor 2 and The Avengers 2? What can fans expect?

“I don't want to give too much away. But I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Alan Taylor's vision of Thor 2 is utterly brilliant. The journey continues in the most epic dimension and proportion imaginable. It's very, very exciting.”

What are you up to now?

“I am having a wonderful time working on Jim Jarmusch's next film Only Lovers Left Alive at the moment. I'm playing a fascinating character, quite unlike anything I've done before.

"And I'm working with Tilda Swinton, Mia Wasikowska, Anton Yelchin and John Hurt, who are all extraordinary, and we've shot in Detroit and Tangiers. So that's my summer. Then onto Thor 2. Who knows after that.”

What would you like to do next?

“I have so many things I’d like to do, so many people I'd like to work with, but I've found it's always a good idea to keep the page blank. Something great always comes out of nowhere and surprises me. And hopefully it’ll surprise the audience too.

“I am always curious about stepping into new territory. It's good to keep expanding one's horizons, in any walk of life, never mind as an actor. I've never done a thriller, the genre of some of my favourite films.

“And I've never done a comedy, which I would love to do. Something warm and silly, in the spirit of my heroes like Bill Murray, Jack Lemmon, and Gene Wilder. I’d love to do a western too, which may seem unlikely, but once upon a time I wasn't a likely candidate for Loki either.

“Then there are some directors on everybody's wish list: Christopher Nolan, the Coen Brothers, Terrence Malick, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, David Fincher, Steve McQueen. Always, it's all about the script and the collaborators. Too many wishes! The genie says you can only have three...”
Tom Hiddleston on winning the Total Film Hotlist Awards: interview | TotalFilm.com
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top