Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me neither. I'll buy a few of the bobbleheads though.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I probably won't buy anything

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 01-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

So you say now.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Super Bowl trailer is on the horizon.

Quote:
Marvel Teaming Up With Coke For 60-Second Super Bowl Commercial

This morning we received a mysterious package. One the outside of the all red box were the distinctive logos for both Coca-Cola and Marvel. Inside were six mini-cans of Coke, each with one of the members of The Avengers on the can, along with a note that read the following:

For those who weren’t paying attention, the date listed on the card is the date of this Sunday’s Super Bowl. Beyond that it was obviously very cryptic. What does it all mean? Is Coke sponsoring the reveal of the Captain America: Civil War trailer during the Super Bowl? Why would Disney and Marvel need to team up with Coke? So far the official Coke Twitter page has not updated with any relevant information.

Since then we’ve done some digging and it turns out Coke and Marvel are teaming up for a 60-second Super Bowl commercial that will air during the second quarter of this Sunday’s game. It will not appear online prior to the Super Bowl, so the first time you see it will be during the game itself. But, is it actually a new trailer?

No. Ad Age is reporting that the Coke/Marvel Super Bowl commercial was put together by famed ad agency Wieden+Kennedy, perhaps best known for some of their Nike spots. Marvel wouldn’t need an ad agency’s help cutting together a trailer; they’ve got agencies specifically for that task in Los Angeles. Also, one of the cans used to promote the Super Bowl commercial features The Hulk, who we all know is not in Captain America: Civil War.

It seems as if this may be more of a partnership between the two brands, where some Marvel characters show up to promote their favorite soda. There may be some footage from existing Marvel movies, but don’t expect this spot to be the full trailer from the film.

But, now some good news: there will be a new Captain America: Civil War trailer during the Super Bowl, or perhaps more specifically before the Super Bowl. Make sure you’ve got your butt in front of the TV right before kickoff to get your first look at the new footage.

As far as the Coke/Marvel Super Bowl commercial, as soon as it airs during the game, we’ll make sure to have it right here, so you won’t have to wait long to find out what exactly that is.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

haha those cans are cool!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

The shields as Cap's eyes are weirding me out.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Super Bowl spot

Editing to add that I just saw it on TV a few minutes ago!

Last edited by miranstarr; 02-07-2016 at 04:27 PM
Old 02-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for posting the video and that article Miran! The Captain America soda can looks like he's being hypnotized. lol The concept and look of the art on the soda can is cool though.

They did a thing on twitter where they asked people to choice a side. Cap won and he even trended.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd say it's like Cap's trying to hypnotise you.

Thanks for the quite, link and video.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Thank you for posting the video and that article Miran! The Captain America soda can looks like he's being hypnotized. lol The concept and look of the art on the soda can is cool though.

They did a thing on twitter where they asked people to choice a side. Cap won and he even trended.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was going to post this in the Hawkeye thread, but decide it be best to post it here.

Aww, Jeremy. Love this tweet!

It would make sense for Clint to be on Cap side of this conflict because of two reasons I can think at the top of my head as of right now. One he understands in a lot of ways what Bucky has gone through and two he wouldn't want to be in the system which would mean his family would be in danger because of him or because they'll be in the system too. If we go by AOU not many people knew he's married or has kids. Also I think he genuinely respects Cap too and doesn't agree with registration in general.

ETA: I wasn't going to bring it up, but it really getting on my nerves. It wasn't a lot of people, but it was enough that I needed to rant.
I know what Bucky is going through is pure fiction, but it's so gross how some people are responding to his character, a character whose been brainwashed, abused mentally and physically calling for him to be put down or losing respect for Steve because he's standing by his friend that he wants to help instead of leaving him by the wayside (Something that they think Steve should do.). That somehow that warrants both or one of their deaths. Not knowing what content that whole shooting Tony bit is all about. It just disturbing what people are saying about a person who had no control over their life and isn't completely healthy. The way he became that way might be fictional, but his state of mind isn't completely fictional.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-08-2016 at 04:53 PM
Old 02-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love ScarJo's new hair, she looks amazing in this one.

I think this movie is going to break my heart a little.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

People really need to watch the movie before they make that kind of choice. Bucky may have his memories back, but that he's also had over 70 years of programming to be an assassin. You don't just get over that quickly. Natasha is an assassin. If she tried to kill Tony would people also be calling for head? Just because she's fighting for the good side, it doesn't really mean anything. You're still murdering people in the name of "good." Pretty sure the villains think they are the good guys too.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxtreme (View Post)
I think this movie is going to break my heart a little.
I think it already has, for me. I really HATE that they are fighting. I love both sides a lot. I can't stand the fighting. I was looking forward to watching it but now I think I'm going to be crying through the whole movie. It's making me very grumpy.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm propably going to want to knock their heads together when I watch it. Just to get them to stop fighting.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top