Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks. basically.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll just go back to my corner and bawl my eyes and heart out now.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder how the other cast members feel. Maybe they could influence it.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let me cry with you I don't think I'm able to get over it soon

I have no idea.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Please add me! I fell in love with these two in The Avengers! I'm not a big Scarlet fan, but her & Jeremy had some undeniable chemistry!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Absolute Fan

I adore Clintasha, but to be honest, I'm not sure I really get the big shipping thing that comes to people's mind first for Bucky's return, I mean, characters don't just exist for romance purposes and to put that first is rather diminishing the characters' value.

I like to think Clint and Natasha can handle anything thrown at their way - love isn't without a few obstacles and bumps in the road, and I wouldn't want theirs to be some Disney-happily-ever-after-perfect romance either - they have proven that they have a strong bond, they care about each other, they matter to each other, and all of that isn't just gonna suddenly disappear if someone from Natasha's past returns and she's not just gonna just dump Clint and run back to Winter Soldier's arms or anything like that. If we think that way, I think it's showing that we have less faith and think less of these characters and their strengths.

Marvel has proven that they put their characters first rather than just bringing in love stories - so I have faith that Clint and Natasha won't just fall by the wayside to make way for another romance.

So there may be a few bumps along the way, some obstacles to face, but it's not the end of the world and I have every faith that Clint and Natasha will be fine in the end. They found their strength and redemption from each other, now we just have to have faith in them.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess we are only afraid if the producers are going for a full force Bucky/Natasha romance and leave Clint/Natasha aside like it never happened since the director said that he was particularly interested in the romance between WS and BW.

But then, I adore Steve/Bucky to bits in CA1. They are my favourite relationship in the movie. Steve can never be the person he is without his best friend Bucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)

Please add me! I fell in love with these two in The Avengers! I'm not a big Scarlet fan, but her & Jeremy had some undeniable chemistry!
Welcome These two are so amazing in the movie. And I agree that Scarlett and Jeremy have some incredible chemistry

Old 07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some very good points raised. Thinking of the characters as a whole, I am just concerned that they will thrust a new romance in our faces and ignore the character development but I think we should put faith in Marvel and how they have translated comic to movie form.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream once more (View Post)
I guess we are only afraid if the producers are going for a full force Bucky/Natasha romance and leave Clint/Natasha aside like it never happened since the director said that he was particularly interested in the romance between WS and BW.
I would like to clarify though that Joe Johnston who directed Cap 1 never put romance as his particular interest - he said in the interviews that he was fascinated by Winter Soldier's story and that Sebastian Stan could be the kind of actor to build a story around - the mentions of Natasha is not romance focused as it's just what some relationships that could be explored in present day as is with Steve since both characters are Avengers and both have a history with Bucky and his return in present day could cause stirs for both characters.

And in any case, Joe Johnston is not directing Cap 2 - it's the Russo brothers so they might have a completely different idea than Joe Johnston on how things might go and what kind of plot to pursue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream once more (View Post)
But then, I adore Steve/Bucky to bits in CA1. They are my favourite relationship in the movie. Steve can never be the person he is without his best friend Bucky.
I believe that's the only story that should matter at this point - the first thought should be Steve and Bucky, not the romance angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
Some very good points raised. Thinking of the characters as a whole, I am just concerned that they will thrust a new romance in our faces and ignore the character development but I think we should put faith in Marvel and how they have translated comic to movie form.
I can definitely understand the concern, it is a valid concern, but as you said, Marvel has proven they can translate the stories well. I mean, we all had concerns about Avengers and how it would turn out, we all had concerns whether Natasha would be treated fairly and not just be eye candy - and Marvel has shown that they can find directors who put characters first and doesn't fall into some stereotype. I think having faith in them this time around can pay off too.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

I love how we are already on the second thread. Loving all the art that's been posted here

TFTNT
Old 07-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, we are burning up the last thread with all the Scarlett/Jeremy cuteness

He just won't stop talking about her diet

credit

Old 07-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

“You could never take me hand-to-hand, Clint.” | (x)
Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

All those gifs are perfect
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceLarkinFanForever (View Post)
I would like to clarify though that Joe Johnston who directed Cap 1 never put romance as his particular interest - he said in the interviews that he was fascinated by Winter Soldier's story and that Sebastian Stan could be the kind of actor to build a story around - the mentions of Natasha is not romance focused as it's just what some relationships that could be explored in present day as is with Steve since both characters are Avengers and both have a history with Bucky and his return in present day could cause stirs for both characters.

I can definitely understand the concern, it is a valid concern, but as you said, Marvel has proven they can translate the stories well. I mean, we all had concerns about Avengers and how it would turn out, we all had concerns whether Natasha would be treated fairly and not just be eye candy - and Marvel has shown that they can find directors who put characters first and doesn't fall into some stereotype. I think having faith in them this time around can pay off too.
That makes a lot of sense. I think it all depends to how the new director wants to do with the story, with the winter soldier being part of the title we can guarantee that its a huge part of the story and so it might involve some aspects of romance but it should be used effectively to build up the story first and foremost.

Love the gifs and the idea that they go round each other's houses a lot, its very cute!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top