Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Scarlett has shown the two movies she was the star of , Lucy and Under the skin were very successful . Now with Captain America Civil War in the next two avengers movies they would have to wait till after Avengers 3-4 to make her movie .
Old 05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Does anyone know how many movies her contract is? Is it 6 like Hemsy and Cevans or more than that?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Some reasonable articles on this Black Widow debate:
Black Widow: This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

Black Widow: This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

The strong feminism behind Black Widow, and why the critiques don’t stand up

The strong feminism behind Black Widow, and why the critiques don’t stand up - The Washington Post

I'm for I don't agree that she "didn't do anything but flirt" . She kept the Vision's body from Ultron and got it delivered to the good guys.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Extreme Fan

True. I don't get why people say she did nothing in this movie.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

She did get the vessel but the dialogue between her and bruce, no. I mean wanting to run away all that. Made me cringe. And she really did have less action prolly due to Scarlett's pregnancy
Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

But she doesn't run away. When Bruce suggests it later she decides no, "we both have to stay and help people".
Old 05-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Where are people getting this idea that because she also wants love that it makes her weak (talking about Tumblr and Twitter in general)? Do people consider Tony weak for loving Pepper? Do people consider Steve weak for wanting to find the right partner? I don't think so. What, a master assassin can't have wishes and hopes? She must be lonely for the rest of her life? How come no one is bitching about Clint having a secret family? I understand people not liking the story, but I don't think it's any reason to say Natasha would never do this or that? How do we really know she wouldn't? She only lets us see what she wants us to see. As a spy, her whole job is hide her real self. Are people only protesting because it was with Bruce and not Clint?

Last edited by miranstarr; 05-07-2015 at 06:01 PM
Old 05-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

And nobody thinks Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games is weak for liking Peeta, and take away the whole gamma irradiated monster thing, that's who Bruce Banner is! He's Peeta Melark!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Well some of it is definitely shipping, but for me bruce wasn't the problem, it was the way joss wrote her. She was talking to him like a mark in the party. Then wanting to run away in the midst of the fight albeit not doing it but where the **** did that come from and they really needed to flesh out that flashback better. Also the monster line was poorly written and confusing to half the moviegoers

I def liked the fighting with cap on the motorcycle bit and her being aunty nat tho. Btw do you think there's any chance she'll side with tony?
Old 05-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

To me the bar scene was her actually trying to be sincere for the first time with a guy she likes. As Steve said he's seen her flirt before but this was different. Usually it's a way of establishing control. It's part of her skill set to seduce men and get them to trust her because she's a spy. This time she was trying not to do that with Bruce. She was doing corny old movie style dialogue because she wanted to put him at ease. The awkwardness was almost like a teenager which makes sense because she never socialized with a member of the opposite sex in a normal way before because she spent her adolescence training in the Red Room.

If people couldn't figure out that "monster" meant killer than they weren't paying attention and missed the point of the scene.

Quote:
Natasha: I had this…dream. The kind that seems normal at the time, but when you wake…

Bruce: What did you dream?

Natasha: That I was an Avenger. That I was anything more than the assassin they made me.

Last edited by Fooltocry; 05-08-2015 at 01:51 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 01:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Where are people getting this idea that because she also wants love that it makes her weak (talking about Tumblr and Twitter in general)? Do people consider Tony weak for loving Pepper? Do people consider Steve weak for wanting to find the right partner? I don't think so. What, a master assassin can't have wishes and hopes? She must be lonely for the rest of her life? How come no one is bitching about Clint having a secret family? I understand people not liking the story, but I don't think it's any reason to say Natasha would never do this or that? How do we really know she wouldn't? She only lets us see what she wants us to see. As a spy, her whole job is hide her real self. Are people only protesting because it was with Bruce and not Clint?
So much truth and it's so sad and just hypocritical of these moaners.

Quote:
And nobody thinks Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games is weak for liking Peeta, and take away the whole gamma irradiated monster thing, that's who Bruce Banner is! He's Peeta Melark!
Nice analogy. The thing with Katniss is that the majority of those that haven't read the books don't get Katniss and her love for Peeta. There are complaints (and people who want her with the other guy) but probably nothing like Nat and Bruce. It's all shipping wars disguised as feminism.

Quote:
...it was the way joss wrote her. She was talking to him like a mark in the party...
I personally found them cute and was rooting for them but that scene and the one in Clint's house made me go I didn't like how it seemed she was running him down pushing for something he wasn't ready for. Sweet naive Bruce, he even had Steve of all people school him on relationships. Then suddenly Bruce is all in and wanted to run away which, for him I got but not for her and Whedon fixed all that. They didn't leave but Bruce still got what he wanted in the end.

@Fooltocry, I could get Nat's approach to genuinely seducing Bruce as opposed to her doing it as part of her repertoire as a spy/assassin which would have gone very differently if she didn't genuinely like the guy. She's never had an opportunity to be herself before, not until Bruce, so I guess everything feels weird because we're not used to it anymore than Nat is, I guess.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-08-2015 at 01:59 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 02:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Where are people getting this idea that because she also wants love that it makes her weak (talking about Tumblr and Twitter in general)? Do people consider Tony weak for loving Pepper? Do people consider Steve weak for wanting to find the right partner?
Also:

Peter Parker mourned Gwen Stacy for MONTHS

Wolverine dreams about Jean Grey after her death.

Batman retires for 8 years after Rachel Dawes' death.

Superman reverses the Earth's rotation and turn back time to bring Lois Lane back to life!

"What tragic heroes!"

But Black Widow feeling a little sad that Bruce is gone?

"JOSS WHEDON RUINED HER!"

Did Bruce have to die for her to be allowed to have feelings?
Old 05-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

I'm just wondering if it'll carry into the next movies
Old 05-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ha, that's what I asked in the Nat/Bruce thread too. I wondered if it would be explored further or if Marvel was going to drop it like a hot potato and pretend it never happened.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooltocry (View Post)
point well made.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top