Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2020, 05:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

I dont know if they will recast him , unlike the Bruce and rhodey who only had done one movie Chad already did 3 movies with Marvel and TBH he was very much loved and respected as that role would be sad . But some people say they can focus on other characters for future movies ..

In the BP dis anyone else take the role in the comics
Old 08-29-2020, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

I remember hearing from someone in my family back in July that they were going to make Shuri Black Panther. At the time I was like "Why would they do that, it doesn't make sense. He should be Black Panther for a while at least cause he just got started in the universe." I just remembered that conversation today, so now if that was true it makes me wonder if Marvel knew he was sick and had a backup plan. For me personally, I would prefer a recast instead of someone else becoming Black Panther cause his character is a huge deal and just got started in the MCU. I feel we should still get his story and arc like we did with other characters like Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, etc. I feel it would be worse if they just discarded Black Panther this quickly after his huge impact. No matter what they do it will be tough to watch regardless cause he was so great as T'Challa. This just sucks immensely on so many levels, still doesn't feel real.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

i never knew a thing about his four year battle with colon cancer, he kept his personal life private. i always thought he looked healthy and great. i am very sad.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 08-29-2020, 09:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I remember hearing from someone in my family back in July that they were going to make Shuri Black Panther. At the time I was like "Why would they do that, it doesn't make sense. He should be Black Panther for a while at least cause he just got started in the universe." I just remembered that conversation today, so now if that was true it makes me wonder if Marvel knew he was sick and had a backup plan. For me personally, I would prefer a recast instead of someone else becoming Black Panther cause his character is a huge deal and just got started in the MCU. I feel we should still get his story and arc like we did with other characters like Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, etc. I feel it would be worse if they just discarded Black Panther this quickly after his huge impact. No matter what they do it will be tough to watch regardless cause he was so great as T'Challa. This just sucks immensely on so many levels, still doesn't feel real.
they was tlak about that? I feel marvel will have an idea on what to do they knew rhe whole time

^ see he was smart on what to post and not to post so he wouldn't show the world , but some fans did notice him being skinny
Old 08-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Its going to be cause anyway its done its going to be hard -- I do agree that his version T'Challa if its such a big part of the comics that maybe a recast but really who could take it though? I feel Chadwick really gave it such grace and really gave a presence and that's from me having only seen CW where plan to finally watch BP probably sometime this week

John Boyega literally just popped into my head just now what you think?

Its just hard cause there's that but than there's also that Chadwick really shined and its something to maybe want to respect what he did related to giving the mantle to Shuri maybe

Either way see what Kevin/MCU does its waiting now
Old 08-30-2020, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
^ see he was smart on what to post and not to post so he wouldn't show the world , but some fans did notice him being skinny
I remember people thinking the weight loss was for a new role. Nobody ever imagined it was because he was sick and nearing the end.

I feel like he must have let Marvel know what he was going through in the weeks leading up to his death just so they could at least have some sort of plan in place when this did finally happen.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I remember seeing awful comment that they were saying that he was on crack and all that.. I was like.. I hate those and now they was like omg and all that, but I still remember their comments on twitter.. It was the worst..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i never knew a thing about his four year battle with colon cancer, he kept his personal life private. i always thought he looked healthy and great. i am very sad.
You can notice his health, but I suspect that he probably sick, but again, it hard to tell when he did the film..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-30-2020, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just teaches people to hopefully be mindful in the future cause we don't always know aka here his weight loss was cause of cancer and he was at the end of a losing battle

Am sure that he must have known his time was coming especially during 2020 if he was noticeably losing a lot of weight and cause of that must have noticed Marvel

Maybe he enough time to be able to have an opinion on what he thought Marvel should do about the role whether to recast [give opinions on who] or give the mantel to Shuri or different comic version that had BP at some point
Old 08-30-2020, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
they was tlak about that? I feel marvel will have an idea on what to do they knew rhe whole time

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 if that ends up being true. I guess when they figure out their next steps that Marvel will let fans now but it will never be the same. I heard people say that he was very thin the last time they saw him but I haven't seen any pictures of him in a while, I thought everything was fine. If I saw them I probably would of thought something was going on *sad*
Old 08-30-2020, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am still in shock over the news about Chadwick Boseman death! What an amazing talent! He blew me away in Get On Up and I teared up over his performance as T'Challa in Black Panther.

My friend was lucky enough to work with Chadwick Boseman when she was a featured extra in the court room scene in his movie Marshall. They filmed the scene in Buffalo NY for two weeks. She told me he was the nicest guy and such a talent. She told me how she loved working with him and that his raw talent and work ethic blew her away.

What a talent, regal, strong, a ray of sunshine, and a true king!

He dealt with his battle with cancer in true Wadkana fashion with dignity and grace.

His speech from his alum-matter Howard University was so inspiring and I know his inspiring spirit will live on.

He will be missed beyond measure. A true king! Wakanda Forever!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 08-30-2020 at 09:30 PM
Old 08-31-2020, 08:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
John Boyega literally just popped into my head just now what you think?
he would be a good candidate i had someone else in mind but i forgot who it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I remember people thinking the weight loss was for a new role. Nobody ever imagined it was because he was sick and nearing the end.

I feel like he must have let Marvel know what he was going through in the weeks leading up to his death just so they could at least have some sort of plan in place when this did finally happen.
yeah i thought it was for a role to, but when you see these pictures you can tell it was more than that
i do believe marvel has a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
^ I remember seeing awful comment that they were saying that he was on crack and all that.. I was like.. I hate those and now they was like omg and all that, but I still remember their comments on twitter.. It was the worst..

You can notice his health, but I suspect that he probably sick, but again, it hard to tell when he did the film..
yep these "fans" are so mean it is the bad age of social media and social bullying so easy to do it behind a copmuter screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 if that ends up being true. I guess when they figure out their next steps that Marvel will let fans now but it will never be the same. I heard people say that he was very thin the last time they saw him but I haven't seen any pictures of him in a while, I thought everything was fine. If I saw them I probably would of thought something was going on *sad*
yeah , i mean i did remember the rumours but than again he was out of the linelight for awhile so i didnt know either

marvel has a plan not sure what yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I am still in shock over the news about Chadwick Boseman death! What an amazing talent! He blew me away in Get On Up and I teared up over his performance as T'Challa in Black Panther.

My friend was lucky enough to work with Chadwick Boseman when she was a featured extra in the court room scene in his movie Marshall. They filmed the scene in Buffalo NY for two weeks. She told me he was the nicest guy and such a talent. She told me how she loved working with him and that his raw talent and work ethic blew her away.

What a talent, regal, strong, a ray of sunshine, and a true king!

He dealt with his battle with cancer in true Wadkana fashion with dignity and grace.

His speech from his alum-matter Howard University was so inspiring and I know his inspiring spirit will live on.

He will be missed beyond measure. A true king! Wakanda Forever!
^ wakanda forever!!
Old 08-31-2020, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
he would be a good candidate i had someone else in mind but i forgot who it was

^ wakanda forever!!
Yea he popped into my mind and was like YASS Chadwick will be someone you can't replace BUT I feel like John would be a good/great choice where I feel like he did well with what he was given for SW and I heard Detroit was a HELL of a movie plus I feel like he's somebody that black community could be inspired by he's been very vocal with the whole BLM movement
Old 08-31-2020, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

What about Shuri? She takes over the mantle in the comics.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

sounds good.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
What about Shuri? She takes over the mantle in the comics.
That is an option where thinking Marvel has 1 of 3 situations

- Recast the whole [guess that the character was majority of comics and there is still plenty that could be done ]
- Shuri
- New character as Black Panther
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top