Great links.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the links!
Old 06-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Oh that's interesting! I love a good VFX breakdown.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Marvel Studio’s 10th anniversary character posters

Old 06-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Amazing posters..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

love the posters! can we please see Wakanda and vibranium play a big part of [untitled] Avengers 4?! hell yeahhh!

Earth's mightiest remaining heroes/outlaw heroes meet in Wakanda Safe Zone.

Stark/Shuri Gauntlet made from Vibranium.

Shuri restores Vision's downloaded memories to a Vibranuim refueled body.

Wakanda rebuilds shield and destroyed areas from Infinity War battle site, and Shuri improves on tech taken from Black Order ship wreckage....to be used right back at Thanos's new army, cause you know he's no push-over.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 06-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the posters!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great posters!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thoughts on the film while halfway through it:
Pretty disappointing so far. After all the hype and praise and celebration, I was hoping this would be better than I feared it would be. Alas, my fears were justified. A thoroughly artificial film. All the talk about how this is a milestone in terms of black superhero movies, but there were black superhero movies before this and the Luke Cage tv show is a far better portrayal of a black superhero. Contrast the two: Black Panther is a film in which Americans play Africans, set in Africa and filmed in South America. Luke Cage is a show in which African Americans play African Americans, set in Harlem, filmed in Harlem. Authenticity. Luke Cage has it, Black Panther doesn't. Not to mention Black Panther is so full of CGI bull that it looks like a Star Wars Prequel.

Additional thoughts once I finished the film:
Part of the problem was the casting. Chadwick Boseman is the Black Panther and whatever role I've ever seen him play, he's always stiff. He lacks the presence and substance to be the Black Panther. That left a big hole in the middle of the film. Then there's Michael B Jordan playing Killmonger, hailed by some as the MCU's greatest villain. He's supposed to be this super-tough ex-Navy Seal who can beat the Black Panther in combat, but Jordan plays him as a callow fool. He's a good actor, but he's not up to that role. Forest Whitaker is a great actor, but he was totally not convincing in his role. Too American. Daniel Kaluuya's performance shouted "British" every second he was on the screen (so did Martin Freeman's performance as a CIA agent, but at least that didn't undermine the African-ness of the film). Winston Duke was good, despite the questionable nature of his character (M'Baku, the "Man-Ape" from the comics). But of course, he had a relatively small role. The women were good too, so the film was not without its good points. But there wasn't enough good to outweigh the lack of authenticity, the weak lead performance and the weak lead villain performance.

Contrast with the Luke Cage show -Mike Colter so brilliant in the lead role, with so much conviction, presence and relatability, and so many other superbly played characters, and with great villains like Diamondback, Cottonmouth and Black Mariah, marvellously acted.

Last edited by sum1; 06-19-2018 at 05:42 PM
Old 06-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

The posters are amazing.

Did you watch the mtv movie awards? Michael B Jordan saying people are taking this whole forever thing too seriously had me in stitches. and the Roseanne bit, he wasn't playing.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Pretty disappointing so far. After all the hype and praise and celebration, I was hoping this would be better than I feared it would be. Alas, my fears were justified. A thoroughly artificial film. All the talk about how this is a milestone in terms of black superhero movies, but there were black superhero movies before this and the Luke Cage tv show is a far better portrayal of a black superhero. Contrast the two: Black Panther is a film in which Americans play Africans, set in Africa and filmed in South America. Luke Cage is a show in which African Americans play African Americans, set in Harlem, filmed in Harlem. Authenticity. Luke Cage has it, Black Panther doesn't. Not to mention Black Panther is so full of CGI bull that it looks like a Star Wars Prequel.

Part of the problem was the casting. Chadwick Boseman is the Black Panther and whatever role I've ever seen him play, he's always stiff. He lacks the presence and substance to be the Black Panther. That left a big hole in the middle of the film. Then there's Michael B Jordan playing Killmonger, hailed by some as the MCU's greatest villain. He's supposed to be this super-tough ex-Navy Seal who can beat the Black Panther in combat, but Jordan plays him as a callow fool. He's a good actor, but he's not up to that role. Forest Whitaker is a great actor, but he was totally not convincing in his role. Too American. Daniel Kaluuya's performance shouted "British" every second he was on the screen (so did Martin Freeman's performance as a CIA agent, but at least that didn't undermine the African-ness of the film). Winston Duke was good, despite the questionable nature of his character (M'Baku, the "Man-Ape" from the comics). But of course, he had a relatively small role. The women were good too, so the film was not without its good points. But there wasn't enough good to outweigh the lack of authenticity, the weak lead performance and the weak lead villain performance.

Contrast with the Luke Cage show -Mike Colter so brilliant in the lead role, with so much conviction, presence and relatability, and so many other superbly played characters, and with great villains like Diamondback, Cottonmouth and Black Mariah, marvellously acted.
Sorry you didnt enjoy as it as much.. I did enjoy it o need to rewatch it again and have a final tbovuht to .

^ yes MBJ on MTV awards was so funny he is so funny and it was good all his moments
Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Did you watch the mtv movie awards? Michael B Jordan saying people are taking this whole forever thing too seriously had me in stitches. and the Roseanne bit, he wasn't playing.
Glad that he told them off bec damn, he just so tired.. I know that some people think that he was joking.. I doubt that was a joke bec I remember that Chadwich mentioned on other show that he didn't actually want to say it.. But leave him alone w/ that pose..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)

I'm not going to lie, but I def can see where you're coming from since the first time, I was like umm, okay that was good, but I feel like I have miss lot of things, so I watch it second time..

I realized that most hype this movie bec for them, it's "first time" they ever made whole black superhero movie which that they forget about "Blade".. Anyway, I felt like that this movie, they are playing "safe" bec this is first movie of trilogy.. Also, I notice the accents that sometimes I have hard time that I notice that they went back/forth in accent..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blade didn't have a predominantly black cast though but even if it had, the movie came out almost 20 years ago, so people would be celebrating regardless. We've had dozens of superhero movies with mostly white actors, most of whom are named Chris.

I still love the movie, especially how much detail went into the costumes.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top