Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2021, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Turns out Joss is even more of an a-hole than I thought so I have no qualms being glad it (nearly) broke him.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:46 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, after the movie was done Joss kept saying at the time it broke him down a lot. That's why the Russo Brothers took over The Avengers films. After everything that came out about him, I'm glad he ended up leaving the MCU.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Turns out Joss is even more of an a-hole than I thought so I have no qualms being glad it (nearly) broke him.
I be like who that?? I just pretend that I don't know this ass.. But ugh.. I'm not surprising..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
he did i was so shocked i really did like him to , or well his work
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It is disappointing since he created Buffy The Vampire Slayer (One of my favorite shows of all time) That's his project that I watched the longest. Then the first two Avengers films, a huge team up like The Avengers was never done before so that was a huge accomplishment to open the door on.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
It is disappointing since he created Buffy The Vampire Slayer (One of my favorite shows of all time) That's his project that I watched the longest. Then the first two Avengers films, a huge team up like The Avengers was never done before so that was a huge accomplishment to open the door on.
yes i agree i felt the same thing
Old 10-06-2021, 05:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I never knew that he did BTVS until few years ago, someone pointed it out.. I was like no way..

is that what you want?

Old 10-12-2021, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I was always mad at Joss Whedon for not doing the right thing. Not having Hank and Janet in the Avengers, and especially in the Ultron movie, is just unforgivable. I hated his reasons for going along with Feige, including Feige's statement, "you don't need Hank Pym to have Ultron." I'm not surprised that Whedon turned out to be a jerk, but then I wouldn't be surprised if Feige also turned out to be one.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I think Feige's a bit of a a-hole especially with the way he's been "jokingly" treating Emily VanCamp, calling her Peggy Carter and saying how much people like the Sharon twist in FaTWS when no one cares for it at all, allowing the What If creative team to say misogynistic things about Sharon, not stopping Hayley Atwell from (ahem) shaming Sharon during cons. He seems super tone deaf to me in that he's allowing a work environment to fester with misogynistic, sexist, and racist tones.

Last edited by miranstarr; 10-12-2021 at 06:59 PM
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, that's another thing. Feige is virtue signaling woke feminism with Captain Marvel, which makes Carol Danvers an insufferable annoying person, which she's not in the comics - male bashing is not feminism - not to mention cuts Mar-Vell out of his own storyline as Carol's love interest and predecessor. Nice way to treat a guy that Marvel practically canonized for decades since The Death of Captain Marvel comic came out. But then he thinks that earns him enough feminist points that he can totally desecrate Sharon Carter, a character who has done nothing to deserve the treatment she's gotten in the MCU. Seriously, Hayley Atwell's Peggy Carter isn't even that important in Marvel Comics. I barely heard of her growing up reading comics. She was in The Invaders series, which was the World War II superhero team Steve was in with Jim "Human Torch" Hammond, Sub Mariner, Spitfire, and Union Jack, but that's about it. That comic was published in the 1970s. In the contemporary present day storyline in the comics it's been Steve/Sharon since at least the 1980s from what I remember.

Steve/Peggy were barely a couple in The First Avenger. They kissed once, and that's it? That's not a relationship. She was meant to be backstory, not his entire story. Jeez, you'd think she was Gwen freaking Stacy or something, and I cannot believe that Marvel refuses to let her go considering she died when Nixon was president.

If Atwell did that, then that's really bad form on her part. She's not even part of the MCU anymore, and the Agent Carter series failed. Peggy didn't even deserve a damn TV series. Emily VanCamp and Sharon Carter deserved better than Kevin Feige and his weird fetish for women with English accents. Hate to break it to you, Kevin, but Atwell ain't Elizabeth Hurley.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-13-2021 at 05:48 PM
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh, I think Feige's a bit of a a-hole especially with the way he's been "jokingly" treating Emily VanCamp, calling her Peggy Carter and saying how much people like the Sharon twist in FaTWS when no one cares for it at all, allowing the What If creative team to say misogynistic things about Sharon, not stopping Hayley Atwell from (ahem) shaming Sharon during cons. He seems super tone deaf to me in that he's allowing a work environment to fester with misogynistic, sexist, and racist tones.
Oh no, that's not good.. That's why I rarely to know what's going on in BTS, but he shouldn't let that happen to her like that..

is that what you want?

Old 10-13-2021, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Funny thing, Atwell "jokingly" wanted to play Sharon with a blonde wig on. She was at cons saying Sharon didn't deserve a bigger role in the MCU unless she herself was Sharon. She berated Sharon for kissing Steve and said Peggy would take the serum and come back and beat her up for daring to kiss her man. She said all this while laughing and so the media and her stans took this as consent to make Emily's life hell because Hayley is so beloved in the MCU and Emily isn't and so no one really cared that Emily was getting death threats from stupid Steggy and Stucky shippers. Sharon gets called a beard on the daily by the media and Stucky shippers (and yet they don't call Peggy one). Heard they wanted to make a Captain Carter series and that is blech to me lol. I did like Peggy in the beginning, but Hayley has really turned me off and I can't help but associate Peggy with Atwell and really, for someone who has almost no presence in the comics, the MCU is really shoving Peggy down our throats.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yep you hate her I don't hate her but I didn't notice all those things but I adore Emily and I think she needs more love
Old 10-14-2021, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't hate Hayley either (I reserve that for killers, dictators, bugs, etc), but I have developed a strong dislike for her based on her actions and reactions. Like suck it up and move on, stop resorting to acting like a high school mean girl. So maybe you won by getting Steve in the end, but the cost was Steve's integrity because any Steve fan would know that Steve would never ever have gone back and stayed in the past. He would have gone back, gotten his dance, and came back to the present to help fix what they had done. His integrity and moral compass would not allow him to stay hidden in the past and let things progress the exact same way. He goes back in time to enjoy his life in Endgame, but things didn't get any better in the present/future he left behind. Sure he deserved to be selfish for once in his life, but he wouldn't have sacrificed the future for his past in the comics and I think the MCU writers don't/didn't understand that. He didn't have to be a carbon copy of his comic counterpart, but they have removed him so far off that characterization that he doesn't have the same morals and ideals and he comes off looking like a shadow of his former self. Like Markus and Mcfeely really forgot what they wrote in the Winter Soldier (and Civil War to an extent) movie and basically rewrote him in Endgame.

Last edited by miranstarr; 10-14-2021 at 09:44 AM
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

And yet, I'm surprise on how Hayley was like that.. It just weird when she's grown woman.. But intresting..

is that what you want?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top