Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

James Cameron Congratulates Marvel After 'Avengers: Endgame' Overhauls 'Titanic' Record | Hollywood Reporter

Last edited by LightYears; 05-08-2019 at 09:43 PM
Old 05-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting that. Well, this is interesting, and maybe they should've just can the multiverse timeline stuff.
Quote:
But to the credit of Back to the Future, the Russos had trouble convincing audiences to buy into the multiverse theory because it required them to let go of the 1985 movie’s version of time travel.

Joe Russo continued: “Back to the Future has had such an incredible impact on pop culture over the past 40 years. If you’re trying to change the rules of time travel in a movie, unless you are super clear and point out that these are not the rules from Back to the Future, people just won’t understand it. We learned about this after three test screenings. We had to go back and add in more jokes about Back to the Future so that people would take our multiverse theory seriously.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-scene-1207742
Old 05-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This will be the first extended special edition blue ray I will buy in years . Like the final Lord Of the Rings Two Towers … extended run time of close to 4 hrs

Due to illness last weekend I didn’t see it for a 2nd time . Traveling and already found a IMAX near my Hotel

I was only sad for Black Widow , still no matter The never ever can come back to life , this is Marvel . Then it also means Gamoura is gone forever too … yet with Ant Man plus Dr strange , perhaps bringing both back can happen … Timelines / alternate universes …

Last edited by Logan; 05-09-2019 at 08:37 AM
Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis asked about the decision not to kill him, he brought up that many suspected he might die by film's end, and Russo responded: "Which is why we didn't kill him."
Quote:
"It's not about trying to subvert expectations all the time, even though that comes into it," Russo said. "Typically when you're in a writers room and you're working through storytelling, if somebody says something that feels obvious you go 'well that's the expectation', and it's not like we don't always meet expectations but the job I think is to surprise people. But the reason you surprise them is because if you're really tracking Cap's arc, he starts off as a selfless character who has given over his identity to service, right? He is more than happy to serve the community."

"The curvature, the arc that you're creating, characters are always most compelling when they travel the greatest distance, so if Cap is Rocky and all he ever does is get into the ring and try to beat his opponent it's going to get boring really quickly," Russo said. "There's just not a lot of dimensions to the character, and so what we wanted to do was travel him on this incredible journey that took him from service to self-actualization to where he wanted to fully embrace the identity of Steve Rogers. That is what happens at the end of Endgame."

Russo realizes it's controversial, but there was always going to be an end arc for Steve that differed from the comics.

"And I know it's controversial for some people because they fell like he should always be that guy in service, but that just feels like an elliptical story that never ends," Russo said. "It feels like what you can do in the comic books because you can keep resetting it and recycling it, but it's not something you can do over the lifespan of a movie. He has to travel some distance to go somewhere as a character."
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...fy-fan-expect/
Old 05-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I preodered the movie yesterday!

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 05-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

So is this the new excuse why she didn't get a funeral?
Quote:
And if you’re concerned over the inequity between Stark’s funereal send-off and Black Widow’s more downscale one? Don’t be.

“She has a whole movie coming out," Joe Russo said, an assurance that received much applause from fans excited for the upcoming prequel.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

So she deserves no tribute because there's a movie coming out? Bs.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 05-09-2019 at 10:45 AM
Old 05-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they're coming up with more&more ridiculous excuses for why she didn't need a funeral. Yep, she did all that and yet she didn't get a funeral or anything to honor what she did. Also sorry for sounding like a broken record but I guess it stuns me that they kept saying stuff like this, and then say ridiculous excuses why she didn't get a funeral.
Quote:
And Black Widow also had an interesting trajectory, going from a trained assassin to superhero, and ultimately sacrificing herself so her friend Clint (Jeremy Renner) could live to be reunited with his family.

“Look at her relationship with Cap in Winter Soldier. She works in morally gray areas; he is black and white. They both assist each other in growing, and suddenly she starts to become a part of the community, a part of the family," said Joe Russo. "Ultimately, her sacrifice to save the family is a journey for her as a character — from an individual who is solely concerned about her own neck to someone who is willing to sacrifice for everyone.”
Old 05-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

The directors need to shut up as much as the writers do. Congratulations, the more excuses you come up with, the worse it makes the decisions look.

Last edited by miranstarr; 05-09-2019 at 06:57 PM
Old 05-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And if you’re concerned over the inequity between Stark’s funereal send-off and Black Widow’s more downscale one? Don’t be.

“She has a whole movie coming out," Joe Russo said, an assurance that received much applause from fans excited for the upcoming prequel.
I'm happy about this...

and the Avengers can't time travel and bring her back to present time ...otherwise she will ask about her future and what happened to her..... unless they have a MIB/ Legends of Tomorrow memory eraser

All of End Games Memorable Quotes

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 05-09-2019 at 07:27 PM
Old 05-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
The directors need to shut to as much as the writers do. Congratulations, the more excuses you come up with, the worse it makes the decisions look.
Indeed, and seems this is why Bucky didn't get the shield. So I could be reading it wrong but sounds like they're saying Bucky can still be mind controlled?
Quote:
Cap and Bucky are brothers but you know what's interesting about them is they're very different people and I think that Bucky always has the ability to have his mind corrupted, it can always be taken over by someone else. That hasn't been resolved for him and Sam has his free will and I think that Sam also had a similar ethic as Cap as far as service goes in the military.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...america-moment
Old 05-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like they are saying that too but I thought they said Shuri fixed him
????
Old 05-10-2019, 12:50 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
This will be the first extended special edition blue ray I will buy in years . Like the final Lord Of the Rings Two Towers … extended run time of close to 4 hrs

Due to illness last weekend I didn’t see it for a 2nd time . Traveling and already found a IMAX near my Hotel

I was only sad for Black Widow , still no matter The never ever can come back to life , this is Marvel . Then it also means Gamoura is gone forever too … yet with Ant Man plus Dr strange , perhaps bringing both back can happen … Timelines / alternate universes …
They could possibly bring back a Black Widow from the past like they did with Gamora (even though I personally don't think they will but I wouldn't mind if they do since she's one of my favorite MCU characters) but the present day Black Widow and Gamora are gone since they kept saying that the sacrifice for the Soul Stone is permanent and can't be undone. I'm still a little disappointed they both didn't share a scene together since both women are my favorite, would of loved to have seen them fight together.

I was saddened by Tony and Natasha's deaths. It's crazy cause I saw Tony's death coming and not Black Widow's AT ALL, I was sad for both but Tony's just made me cry so much harder. I was mostly shocked and speechless by Black Widow's death. I think it was the same feeling I had when the same thing happened to Gamora in IW, I was just so shocked. I was still kind of shocked by the result even though it was obvious that either Hawkeye or Black Widow would have to die to get the Soul Stone. I loved how they had both literally FIGHTING to be the sacrifice so the other wouldn't have to do it. It made sense it was BW since she was always a better fighter than Hawkeye and he had a family.

Despite some of the comments by the directors and writers, I still love the movie and what they did with the characters. They did a beautiful and amazing send off with some characters in this film.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sad about Tony with black widow I am like Thor I feel she'll be back in some way. I liked that cap got his dance with Peggy and the Russo explained there are time lines.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gamora never got a funeral, from what i remembered.

I wish BW got some kind of send off.

Smart Hulk trying to wish her back
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top