Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hope so, but I don't think that might happen..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Ready to change the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekru (View Post)
Let's hope they all survive it.
That's our dream

5 years @ Agents of Shield | 175k @ Doctor who
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:23 AM
sweet creature

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I hope so, but I don't think that might happen..
Yeah me neither, but I'll keep hoping either way.
spacekru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

She doesn't show it much, but it must have sucked for Scarlett to be the only girl for so long. I mean sure, there's been a few girls in the movies too, but she hardly ever got to interact with them.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:09 PM
sweet creature

I was glad when Elisabeth for the press of AOU joined but still there were only two. I got annoyed by some of the questions, so I was always glad that you could see they all were as well.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yeah me neither, but I'll keep hoping either way.
Yeah for real since I really hope that all of them can chill and eating the breakfast/lunch like the Avenger after post-credit..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 05-25-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Yeah for real since I really hope that all of them can chill and eating the breakfast/lunch like the Avenger after post-credit..
Lol yes I hope so ..

And I agree I mean for awhile we had agent hill in the universe but she really didn't interact with BW only the boys

Old 05-25-2018, 04:03 PM
sweet creature

Black Panther cast thankfully brought some more girlpower as well for the Avengers. And with The Wasp joining, and then Captain Marvel. So many new badass female characters, it'll be wonderful.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Black Panther cast thankfully brought some more girlpower as well for the Avengers. And with The Wasp joining, and then Captain Marvel. So many new badass female characters, it'll be wonderful.
I didnt think it was needed that much cause B2 and SW and Hill had huge presence in the Marvel world but now that I see it . It does make me happy

Old 05-26-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

They do have a big presence, but it's still very much a Boys Club. I wish the movies could treat the females they have better. I wish fandom would too. They're always moaning about needing more females in the MCU, but they're also the first ones to hate any female they think is overstepping their boundaries by getting too close to their favorite. And they are apparently only allowed to be a strong, independent woman. As soon as they become interested in a male superehero, suddenly they are useless, weak, and there to kiss the gay away. This fandom (and fandom in general) fetishizes m|m relationships too much but that's a whole nother can of worms.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:36 PM
sweet creature

Quote:
but they're also the first ones to hate any female they think is overstepping their boundaries by getting too close to their favorite.
That's so ridiculous. I find most fandoms to be quite toxic and just too (I don't even have a word) to participate so for the most part I try to stay away from them.

I don't mind the shipping or fanfiction or anything, it's when they start confusing it with what's canon and start going/complaining against that, that the issues start for me.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Unfortunately, fanon has become more important and real than canon because it's closer to what they think should happen. I don't mind shipping/fanfics, I just super hate it when the female characters are made the villains. There's a particularly gross Stucky fanfic I saw in passing where Bucky r*ped Sharon Carter because it was what she deserved for trying to date Steve. You would not believe the amount of kudos it got and all the comments agreeing that she got what was coming to her. Things like that and sending Emily VanCamp death threats because she was the one Steve kissed and not Bucky is seriously turning me off from fandom. It was super fun when the movies first started and now people take things too seriously and act like the characters are real people. And Sebastian isn't very fond of Stucky anymore so hardcore Stucky fans have been rude to him at cons. These kinds of people really need to grow up.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
They do have a big presence, but it's still very much a Boys Club. I wish the movies could treat the females they have better. I wish fandom would too. They're always moaning about needing more females in the MCU, but they're also the first ones to hate any female they think is overstepping their boundaries by getting too close to their favorite. And they are apparently only allowed to be a strong, independent woman. As soon as they become interested in a male superehero, suddenly they are useless, weak, and there to kiss the gay away. This fandom (and fandom in general) fetishizes m|m relationships too much but that's a whole nother can of worms.
I feel like it have to do w/ fans that if they bring girls into MCU then fanboys complains and stuff like that.. I have see that sometimes.. And they said that not how they are or whatever in the line..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I swear fanboys of the comics are too hypercritical. If it's not 100% the same as the comic books, then it's wrong. How about they let people do their jobs?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:07 PM
sweet creature

Even on I've seen some serious fanboys tearing down the MCU for ridiculous reasons.

I feel like Stucky shippers are one of those with the worst reputation just in general fandom. I'm like pro at shipping all the things and I've always stayed away from that, far away. That fic is disgusting btw, what the actual
.. I don't understand how people can write stories where people supposely love each other so much that they defile other people? HOW IS THAT LOVE NOT TOXIC AF? I swear, this is why the MCU fics I read are just about Tony adopting Peter, no matter the pairing (Don't care if it's Pepper, Steve or Stephen, I've read them all).
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top