Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Replacing Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the MCU with Scott Lang(a D-list character who had little to do with the Avengers in the comics) and Hope Van Dyne(a character who does not exist in the comics) is like replacing Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin with David Coverdale of Whitesnake. It's like Journey touring the world with that guy who can sing a lot like Steve Perry, but it still ain't Steve Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
It doesn't matter, in Marvel I trust (their track record speaks for itself, their killing it!!!) they know exactly what their doing, so I know it will be a good movie.
Sorry, but if Marvel "knew exactly what they were doing" they wouldn't have tried to shoehorn Edgar Wright's Avengers-incompatible Ant-Man script into a cinematic universe it was never meant to be part of at the expense of two of the main characters in the Avengers. Notice how the Ant-Man films are being directed by Peyton Reed and not Edgar Wright? That's because Edgar Wright quit the film because he wanted to make a heist film, not an MCU film. And Marvel wanted an MCU film, not an Edgar Wright film.

The only reason these movies are about Scott and Hope and not Hank and Janet is because of Edgar Wright, and that's why Joss Whedon had to totally rewrite his Avengers movies, replacing Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and Wasp with Hawkeye and Black Widow, and making Tony Stark Ultron's creator instead of Hank Pym. And to be honest, this is not what I waited 30 years of my life to see. Hank and Janet deserve to be in these movies as they are in the comics, not reduced to a footnote as some geriatric side characters.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-01-2018 at 08:06 PM
Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex!
Old 04-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Replacing Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the MCU with Scott Lang(a D-list character who had little to do with the Avengers in the comics) and Hope Van Dyne(a character who does not exist in the comics) is like replacing Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin with David Coverdale of Whitesnake. It's like Journey touring the world with that guy who can sing a lot like Steve Perry, but it still ain't Steve Perry.

Sorry, but if Marvel "knew exactly what they were doing" they wouldn't have tried to shoehorn Edgar Wright's Avengers-incompatible Ant-Man script into a cinematic universe it was never meant to be part of at the expense of two of the main characters in the Avengers. Notice how the Ant-Man films are being directed by Peyton Reed and not Edgar Wright? That's because Edgar Wright quit the film because he wanted to make a heist film, not an MCU film. And Marvel wanted an MCU film, not an Edgar Wright film.

The only reason these movies are about Scott and Hope and not Hank and Janet is because of Edgar Wright, and that's why Joss Whedon had to totally rewrite his Avengers movies, replacing Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and Wasp with Hawkeye and Black Widow, and making Tony Stark Ultron's creator instead of Hank Pym. And to be honest, this is not what I waited 30 years of my life to see. Hank and Janet deserve to be in these movies as they are in the comics, not reduced to a footnote as some geriatric side characters.
thank you for that , i still didnt understand that change .
Old 04-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for posting the twenty-three tweet!
Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

i am excited for this movie
Old 04-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
i am excited for this movie
Me too.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

'Ant-Man and the Wasp' International Trailer Released
Old 04-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting!
Old 04-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ant-Man and the Wasp Story and Villain Details Revealed | Collider
Old 04-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Marvel movie unveils new photos, details | EW.com

Spoiler:
Old 04-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

They look great I'm happy evangeline grew out her hair to didnt like the bob
Old 04-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
thank you for that , i still didnt understand that change .
You're welcome. I still think that it's terribly unfair to Hank and Janet that the first time an Ant-Man/Wasp movie is made, it's not gonna be about them. It's gonna be about Scott Lang and this Hope character who isn't even in the comics. It's unfair that 50 years of Hank and Janet's storyline has been stripped from them and appropriated by other characters like some garage sale auction, whether it's Hawkeye and Black Widow taking their place as founding Avengers, or Tony Stark created Ultron, or Scott Lang becoming Giant-Man, or this non-existent Hope character taking Janet's rightful place as The Wasp, and all just for some British guy who made Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead and only ended up quitting the Ant-Man movie because he didn't want to make an MCU movie. Well, no duh. If his movie wasn't supposed to be an MCU movie then why alter the entire MCU just to accommodate him? This was supposed to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not the Edgar Wright Cinematic Universe.

I just want 2018 to be over and done with and for Avengers 4 to come and go, and for Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily's contracts to finally expire so they can leave already. I'm really hoping that when the time comes for Marvel Studios to incorporate the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU and recast all the characters who were played by actors who are leaving their roles - Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. - that Marvel reboots or retcons the MCU with some type of time/space event(maybe using the Infinity Gems) to bring young Hank and Janet into the present day so they can take their rightful place in the Avengers movies where they belong. It's just a shame that the MCU had to get screwed up so much in the first place because of Edgar Wright.