Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2019, 03:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah even tho I wouldn't be surprise if we have some different timeline..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I hope they show some alternate timelines or universes, I always love seeing those in movies and TV shows. I also hope they do something with Cap and Peggy. I wouldn't be surprised if Endgame ends with everything in an alternate reality now.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I hope they show some alternate timelines or universes, I always love seeing those in movies and TV shows. I also hope they do something with Cap and Peggy. I wouldn't be surprised if Endgame ends with everything in an alternate reality now.

an alternate reality and the Infinity Watch guarding the six stones!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Same here.. I mean, who know..

is that what you want?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I would love each of them to get a happy ending In some way or another
Old 03-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

It’s nice to see how much more supportive Maggie and Paxton are of Scott in this movie.

I would think after Germany they’d both be pissed at him.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

A question. This isn't a criticism, just a question:

If, in say, five years time or more, the MCU introduces new actors in the old Avengers roles, including a new Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, etc., and fans see new actors as Ant-Man and Wasp and say, "I wonder who's playing Scott and Hope now?" If they find out that these new actors are actually playing Hank and Janet, and Scott and Hope are gone, will people start complaining about it, or will everyone allow Hank and Janet to finally get their due and their chance to claim their rightful cinematic legacy now that there's no reason to continue with Edgar Wright's storyline anymore? Just a question.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think that are planning to reboot the characters.. I mean, they already get past by it and focus on new story, new characters, etc.. So, why go back and focus them again.. I mean, I'm tired of same story over and over again in same roles as different actors/actresses, it still boring af..

is that what you want?

Old 04-26-2019, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think honestly people would mind really . We know who Janet and hank are so they will be like cool it's their story .

But yeah it won't be for a few years if we vet that redo
Old 04-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I don't think that are planning to reboot the characters.. I mean, they already get past by it and focus on new story, new characters, etc.. So, why go back and focus them again.. I mean, I'm tired of same story over and over again in same roles as different actors/actresses, it still boring af..
They will eventually have to reboot the characters at some point in the future because the actors can't play them forever. Batman and Superman have been recast before. The X-Men movies have already rebooted with new actors. And may I remind you that the characters in the movies are the same ones that have been in the comics for a half century now. What “new characters" are you referring to? For 50 years it's been pretty much the same lineup - Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Wanda Maximoff, Clint Barton, Vision, etc.- with a few additions here and there, just like the Justice League. Nobody wants new characters, that's why these characters have stood the test of time.

And may I remind you that Hope Van Dyne does not exist in the comics, so what purpose does it serve to keep things as they are? This is Janet's legacy. Also, it won't be the same story because the actual story hasn't been told yet. Why deny Hank and Janet their rightful place in the Avengers for some guy who didn't even make an MCU movie? Hank and Janet have 50 years of history in the Avengers comics and deserve to be there just as much as Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor.

It's called meritocracy. Hank and Janet have earned the right to be in the Avengers movies by having been in almost every Avengers storyline over the past 50 years. The only reason they were not in the Avengers movies is because of Edgar Wright, who didn't even make an MCU movie. Even someone who knows nothing about the comics would be not be able to justify this.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-26-2019 at 09:01 PM
Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Again you k ow the reason why they weren't In the main reason why it wasn't cause of that guy. It happened now nothing will change for these movies that chapters is set.

Reboot maybe down the track like 20 years sure if it's done ok we will watch it. But marvel will probably focus on all the other characters and do the new phase like they have been planning .
Old 04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Again you k ow the reason why they weren't In the main reason why it wasn't cause of that guy. It happened now nothing will change for these movies that chapters is set.

Reboot maybe down the track like 20 years sure if it's done ok we will watch it. But marvel will probably focus on all the other characters and do the new phase like they have been planning .
Sorry, but I disagree. It was because of Edgar Wright because Hank and Janet were in Joss Whedon's original Avengers script. What reason exactly were you implying? If it is what I think you're implying I'll reiterate that I've already debunked that theory several times. And I don't think they'll wait 20 years. Did WB wait 20 years to recast Batman?

Other characters? Like who? Captain Marvel? Black Panther? That's two. Anyone else? You have to remember that while the Avengers roster has changed over the years, the core team has always remained. The one time that Marvel tried to replace the entire team with their All New, All Different lineup, sales dropped into the basement and the original team was brought back in the Fresh Start title.

Also, once the X-Men and Fantastic Four are introduced, the MCU will be radically changed because mutants didn't exist in the MCU before. Quicksilver will also return, and he and Wanda will be Magneto's children again. Nothing is set. These are movies, and they change from decade to decade. Also, I don't think that Marvel Comics or Marvel Animation are gonna want to sideline Hank and Janet for 20 years. They've been sidelined up to this point because of MCU marketing, but no comic fan is gonna stand for that for another 20 years.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-26-2019 at 08:56 PM
Old 04-27-2019, 08:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

well they werent in it cause of Edgar Wright like you said probably by the time they shot it was to late to add them in so they side lined them for later on .

well Marvel havent shown us what they will be doing for the next phases i feel hopefully they will work in the x-men world and FF i dont think they will go back to re-do these avengers cause it was done so well .

But yes they will need to rework certain things about the world main thing is mutants they will need to explain it and we could get that into the storyline have it connect which will be so exciting
Old 04-27-2019, 08:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

I mean, reboot much later like our grandchildren's time, but they ain't focus on that soon bec they are focusing on next phase of new chapter..

is that what you want?

Old 04-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I mean, reboot much later like our grandchildren's time, but they ain't focus on that soon bec they are focusing on next phase of new chapter..
yep i wonder what it would be like . Cause we also have the tv shows to

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top