Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ant-Man (2015) [Spoilers & Speculation] #2: Size doesn't matter.

Welcome to the 2nd
Ant-Man
Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Release date:
July 17, 2015

Cast & Crew

Directed by: Peyton Reed
Written by: Adam McKay, Gabriel Ferrari, Andrew Barrer

Paul Rudd ... Scott Lang/Ant-Man
Michael Douglas ... Hank Pym
Corey Stoll ... Darren Cross/Yellowjacket
Evangeline Lilly ... Hope Van Dyne
Judy Greer
Michael Peña ... Castillo
Bobby Cannavale
John Slattery ... Howard Stark
Wood Harris
Martin Donovan
T.I.

Test Footage

Future Title Suggestions
Romancing the Infinity Stones?
Earth's Scientist Supreme.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yw, Emma.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And now I'm hearing that the "Hope" character will actually be named "Hope Pym" and not "Van Dyne" after all.

Spoiler:

You know, it seems to me that it would've been so much easier to go with Hank and Janet from the beginning instead of making this mess of a continuity.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOL WUT?!

Anyways, some pics of Michael Douglas and T.I. on set. And the State Archives Building doubling for Pym Technologies HQ.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

all these spoilers are really messing with my head

thanks for posting these photos!!

Old 10-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

At least they are plausible spoilers.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pym Technologies, huh? Formerly known as Van Dyne Industries in the comic book origin.

Henry Pym is Hope's twin brother in the comics, but I'm not certain if he'll be in the movie. I just really would like to see Hank and Janet in the Avengers one way or another, because I'm just really not feeling this drastic deviation from the comics. After decades of comic book history they deserved to be in there, not to have one of them dead and the other looking like he's about to follow.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-17-2014 at 03:24 PM
Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are we thinking that the next time Ant-Man shows up is in Avengers 3?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If he does, I'm skipping that one. It's an insult for Scott Lang to be in the Avengers while Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are excluded. I'm crossing my fingers that Kevin Feige will do the right thing and introduce a younger Hank Pym(perhaps the older Hank Pym's son) and Janet Van Dyne into the Avengers soon.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's a video clip at the source.

Quote:
Adam McKay On Rewriting ANT-MAN; Reveals How Much Of Edgar Wright's Work Remains

Anchorman director Adam McKay talks here about being drafted in to rewrite Ant-Man, revealing that he worked with Paul Rudd on the screenplay and confirming that new action scenes have been added as well ass how much of what Edgar Wright did remains. Hit the jump for details!

In the above video interview with Collider, Adam McKay talks in detail about his work on Ant-Man, revealing that it was in fact Paul Rudd who got him to join the Marvel Studios project for one final rewrite after some of Marvel's own in house writers tampered with Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish's draft, resulting in him departing the movie he had been attached to for a number of years. "[Rudd] called me when Edgar Wright stepped away from the project and told me what was going on. I went and met with Marvel, and I was a little dubious just because I’m friends with Edgar and I didn’t know what the story was, and then when I kind of heard what happened, that Edgar had parted ways, and then I saw their materials, I was like, ‘God this is pretty cool’. Ultimately I didn’t want to jump in as a director, I had too many other projects going and it was too tight, but I thought, ‘You know what, I can rewrite this, and I can do a lot of good by rewriting it."

That explains why he didn't direct then, and he goes on to reveal in the interview that he and Rudd actually spend a couple of months working together and completely rewriting the screenplay, adding: "I really thought we put some amazing stuff in there and built on an already strong script from Edgar Wright and sort of just enhanced some stuff. We added some new action beats. I grew up on Marvel Comics so the geek in me was in heaven that I got to add a giant action sequence to the movie; I was so excited. So we did, we added some cool new action." Now, the big question! Just how much of Edgar Wright's original Ant-Man vision remains? Peyton Reed is obviously directing now, but many fans hope it will still have the Shaun of the Dead director's unique approach in there somewhere. "There’s a lot that’s already in there from what Edgar did, there’s a lot of dialogue and character still in there. “We just shaped the whole thing, we just tried to streamline it, make it cleaner, make it a little bigger, a little more aggressive, make it funnier in places—we just basically did a rewrite. Edgar had a really good script. But we just had a blast, and Rudd was just so much fun to write with. I walked away saying, ‘Hey, you and I gotta write a script together.'" What do you guys think about these comments?
Old 10-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for posting.

They sound like they didn't change a lot of Edgar's stuff

Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Probably didn't want to change too much because filming was about to start. A complete rewrite would have taken much longer and they would have to push the movie back. That would probably have been a better way to deal with Edgar leaving.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it was really a mess. But I'll still try not to judge anything until I see the movie.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm keeping an open mind too.